Celtic European Campaign 2014-15

TheGreenMonster

Buzzing for the Montrose game on Saturday. ;) I do support all Scottish clubs in Europe by the way apart from Sevco now. They can GTF with their anti Scottish pish. As an outsider it's pretty funny seeing Rangers fans try take the piss out of Celtic here after scraping past the worst team in Scotland tonight.

I think you'll find that we're the third worst team in Scotland ya cheeky b*****d.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely fucking brutal. We got exactly what we deserved.

I have no confidence in beating anyone now and we could get/probably will get smashed in the Europa.

Trying to think of positives from this. At least the fuds who have never set foot in Parkhead and wander about for 20 minutes incapable of working out how seat rows and numbers work won't bother like they did last night. And eh...cheaper Europa league tickets?

eta Was also nice of the road department to shut the motorway at the Charing Cross underpass for my journey home :angry:

Good night all round by the sounds of it......

While it would clearly have been better for Celtic from a financial point of view to qualify for the CL, I can't help but think that 6 rogerings off semi competent teams would have been bad for team development in the long term. A run in the Europa League should not be beyond them, barring an unlucky draw.

On the performance, the first half was poor. The manager appears to have taken a bit of abuse for his half time sub, with Kayal coming off for Commons, but it seemed to work as the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half Celtic were far better. I can see sense in the switch to bring on Boerrigter as he has a bit of pace and could have been handy on the counter with Maribor running out of time to get a goal at that point, but the decision to bring on Matthews instead of someone who can defend was a strange call.

If Celtic want to improve they need to punt Ambrose, Mulgrew and Stokes at the very least, and bring in players who can control a ball and find a team mate with a 5 yard pass.

What was the story regarding crowd trouble at park head last night?

I know at HT, the Maribor fans appeared to be up to no good, they went from all standing at the bottom of the stand where the away support sit at CP, to the very top and there's was a mad rush of stewards/police towards that section at that moment. Couldn't really see what exactly was going on from where I was sitting.

What was the story regarding crowd trouble at park head last night?

I am at the opposite end so couldn't see exactly what was going on, but the Maribor fans spent most of the game surrounded by about a million stewards.

Just to say Maribor are No pub team. They get 10,000 people every week. They have now knocked out Hibs, Celtic and Rangers in their last 3 outings vs Scottish Opposition, what it does show though is that whilst our game is getting more competitive the quality is decreasing in Scotland.So some good and bad things happening to the Scottish game.

I'l be saying thanks but No thanks. Better together.

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/2013/avesvn.htm

1 NK Maribor 2.833 18 -25,4% 9.000

2 NK Olimpija Ljubljana 1.225 18 -33,3% 5.500

3 Mura 05 Murska Sobota 856 18 -70,3% 2.500

4 FC Koper 689 18 -26,2% 2.000

5 NK Rudar Velenje 686 18 -29,6% 1.200

6 NK Domzale 642 18 13,8% 1.400

7 NK Celje 592 18 -17,8% 2.500

8 NK Triglav Kranj 483 18 -11,7% 1.000

9 NK Aluminij Kidricevo 450 18 129,1% 2.000

10 ND Gorica 351 18 -18,3% 600

Aren't u forgetting rangers losing to Malmo and Maribor in 2 legged ties in the same season a few years back? I'd say that was worse and at the time Celtic and Rangers had stronger squads than they do now.Deila was left shit by Mowbray I mean Lennon (so hard to tell the difference...) and this is what happens. Celtic are a great club we are the only club proud to fly both the Irish Tricolour, the Union Jack and the Saltire, the 3 flags of Great Britain.

Flying the 3 flags.....does that not just say your mongrel's lol

Just to say Maribor are No pub team. They get 10,000 people every week. They have now knocked out Hibs, Celtic and Rangers in their last 3 outings vs Scottish Opposition, what it does show though is that whilst our game is getting more competitive the quality is decreasing in Scotland.So some good and bad things happening to the Scottish game.

I'l be saying thanks but No thanks. Better together.

I think my girlfriend is voting "yes" in the elections..............When i f**ked her last night .......she kept saying....."yes yes yes" lol

Blatantly the worst result ever. Obviously only if you ignore (amongst others) the other time the Scottish Champions were put out of a European competition by Maribor, but it was still pretty bad.

It's like the Mowbray season all over again with a team packed with mediocrity and a manager who can't pick his best XI, can't pick a decent system, can't make a decent sub and can't get the players to look like they give a f**k.

Oh well, we will return to the comfort of the SPL where we dish out the shoeings to the other pub teams rather than take them and we have some dreary Thursday nights being humbled by other European nobodies to look forward to. What joy.

Sounds like Victor Meldrew all over again lol

It wasn't the worst result ever because it wasn't really unexpected was it?

Nuechatl Xamax was, for my money, the worst.

No-one had heard of them and Celtic had a pretty decent side at the time and that result was totally unexpected.

Pheonix from the ashes springs to mind ..............dont think we've got anything to worry about when we return to the spl next season......your lot might even be relegated by then lol

I'm sure Hearts and Queen of the South welcome the chase on that one but shouldn't it be championship forum for this pish?

Remember it was suggested that Izaguirre and Kayal were on their way to Manchester United? It's only in retrospect sometimes that you realize how fucking inept the Scottish football media are.

Remember it was suggested that Izaguirre and Kayal were on their way to Manchester United? It's only in retrospect sometimes that you realize how fucking inept the Scottish football media are.

Have you watched Man Utd recently? There's a good chance both players could fit right in there...

Izaguirre did put a few decent crosses in last night. Unfortunately for him they were all aimed at Stokes.

Nothing to do with the potential career ending injuries they got then?...

Archived