Celtic European Campaign 2014-15

TheGreenMonster

I have long since come to terms with the state of Hibernian, but can always take solace in the fact that I am not a Celtic fan with delusions of grandeur...especially seeing as your season is now over in August. Gutted for you - please enjoy the less than half empty Parkhead.

But it won't be less than half empty.... The official attendances will be upwards of 45K+ meaning it's at least 3/4s full.......

Remember, in the minds of Celtic, the truth is not what actually happens, but what they say happened. (and lets not let the facts get in the way)

TD

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The seats will most likely already be paid for ... so financially it's not going to make a great impact, those that don't attend are missing out the joy of seeing us relentlessy pump a few diddies ...

#heartbroken

Personally Dhenny, I think the club including those who have absconded from attending even though they paid for their ticket is just hyping up the actual attendance figures. They should probably release the figures for those actually at the game and then those who paid for their ticket in a clause to show that money has been released to the club from the credit facilities.

Maribor got drawn with Chelsea, Schalke and Sporting Lisbon, id have been dissapointed not to get a maximum 18 points in that group to be honest

Aw shucks :( , Maribor has robbed the The Rangers fans an historic moment of the Hoops being completely annihilated by Chelski by 10 goals at least. :bairn

Maybe Peter seen the rigged draw in advance and said to Deila we'll be getting muppets in the Europa League.

I personally would like to apologise to Celtic on behalf of St Johnstone. If we weren't so shit you wouldn't play Ambrose, wouldn't sell your best players and wouldn't sign foreign dross completely by choice.

I'm sorry.

European football is weird when you start having pointless debates about who beat who to determine whose league is better than whose.

Celtic trounced the best team in Iceland, Motherwell lost to the 3rd best team in Iceland. Celtic were trounced by the best team in Poland, the 3rd best team in Iceland beat the 2nd best team in Poland.

All I can draw from this is that Motherwell are definitely shite.

In the spirit of mending bridges and in the wake of that sincere heartwarming apology I'd like to apologise on the behalf of the Celtic club for their audacity in sending out such a team of comical wastrels to compete in the league in the hope that it would level the playing field and make it more competitive.

Apparently judging by the recent overall results in the league the last couple of years .. you were much worse than our board had anticipated but hopefully they will now get rid of VD, Commons, McGegor, Forest and any promising youngsters Ronnie may unearth in the near future and maybe ,,,, just maybe that gap will close.

We are trying to close that gap but it seems recent efforts were not enough and we fell short ...

So on behalf of the club ,,, I humbly apologise.

I'm truly sorry.

I'm afraid thats not good enough tbh, the least you could've done was give us the refs

Deleted my previous post because I fact checked what I was told and it turns out that Lyon and Real Sociedad being defeated just moves Legia up to pot 3, not into pot 2 with the big dawgs like Celtic.

Apologies to anyone who has lost their impression of me as someone who is completely right all of the time as a result of this.

any promising youngsters Ronnie may unearth in the near future.

I agree. It's important for Celtic to continue to produce the conveyor belt of young talent that has been gushing out of the club over the last umpteen years. I, along with countless other proud Scots, have been indebted to this wealth of talent that have graced football grounds and taken Celtics first team both domestically and in Europe to the heights they have reached. And of course the added beneficial effect on our National team.

So here's hoping Ronnie is able to continue this fantastic function. Otherwise, what would we all do?

TD

In fairness, money is more important than football. That is absolutely spot on.

Oh sure, and it's certainly more important to UEFA than football.

On the other hand, Legia got booted out for their own officials' stupidity, and not because UEFA have it in for them. Them continuing to pretend otherwise is pretty daft and getting a bit dull now, although I notice it's kept the fans on-side with the management team that actually fvcked it up in the first place.

Though it's certainly understandable to see the tear-stained Celtic one having a tantrum about the UEFA co-efficient: after all, as of this week's hilarious fail, Celtic are now ranked lower than the behemoths of European football, APOEL Nicosia, from a bankrupt micro-state in the Mediterranean with an abysmal domestic league.

Unlucky.

Second time I've quoted this today, but I just thought I'd now point out that Apollon Limassol defeated Lokomotiv Moscow 4 - 1 tonight, progressing 5 - 2 on aggregate.

Does vikingTON's inherent prejudice against Cypriot football, which flies in the face of all the evidence which suggests it's fucking fantastic, make him a bigot?

I certainly think so.

Also, in other news, Dhenboy has quoted a post I deleted at least 36 minutes ago because it was incorrect. :lol: The reason I don't want Legia is because we'll face levels of indiscriminate violence over there which would have even seemed excessive in the days of the Warsaw ghetto.

I personally would like to apologise to Celtic on behalf of St Johnstone. If we weren't so shit you wouldn't play Ambrose, wouldn't sell your best players and wouldn't sign foreign dross completely by choice.

I'm sorry.

I should think so as well :angry:

p.s would you like to have Efe Ambrose.....just take him, please :(

Archived