Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock - 09/08/2014

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thomson was faultless apart from his misplaced pass in the first half which almost cost us. Just strolls the game and an excellent passer, as too is ferry. McGowan and harkins are just a joy to watch, especially harkins. Just a shame they cant play in the same team though.....

Dundee's midfield will absolutely vital to everything they do this year. Thought Thomson played the sitting midfield role perfectly today although he maybe dropped a little too deep at times which can invite pressure. Dundee were only under real threat when Killie were pressing high up the pitch but they stopped doing that in the second half.

A worry for Dundee might be the insistence on playing it out short from the back, again when Killie were pressing high it was causing the Dundee defence problems.

Thomson was faultless apart from his misplaced pass in the first half which almost cost us. Just strolls the game and an excellent passer, as too is ferry. McGowan and harkins are just a joy to watch, especially harkins. Just a shame they cant play in the same team though.....

Yeah, I noticed how badly they linked up too :lol:

Dundee's midfield will absolutely vital to everything they do this year. Thought Thomson played the sitting midfield role perfectly today although he maybe dropped a little too deep at times which can invite pressure. Dundee were only under real threat when Killie were pressing high up the pitch but they stopped doing that in the second half.

A worry for Dundee might be the insistence on playing it out short from the back, again when Killie were pressing high it was causing the Dundee defence problems.

True. It was no coincidence that we took control of the game in the 2nd half when we stopped playing it short from the back.

We played well, I thought, but definitely need to improve defensively. Had Killie had their shooting boots on, we would probably have paid for some of the mistakes.

If we can sort it out at the back, I can't see us having much to worry about.

Dindeleux - fair to say its a different harkins in a dundee shirt as opposed to a killie? Thought him and mcgowan were different class today. Harkins just oozes class for Dundee.

Id agree with your summary too. First half I thought we were nervous/too excited untill we calmed down in the 2nd. Second half we were excellent, our passing and build up play was a joy to watch at times and if we continue playing like that I think we will stay up no problem.

On viewing do we look good enough to stay up?

To answer your Harkins question - yes it does when he plays against us as our players don't seem to able to get near him, but I'm willing to bet that he only turns it on a few times over the course of the season, which was exactly his problem when he played for us.

I like Harkins though and thought he did a good job for Killie.

Yeah, Thomson was my MOM. I was worried when he signed but he was great today.

My first time seeing Konrad. I didn't notice him till late on. I assume that means he played well? Is it just me or does he look quite frail?

GGH is the man. How Killie or St Mirren fans can't appreciate the mans talent is unbelievable.

There's only ever constant noise from the Derry when there's noisey away fans in the Shankly. When there's only a few hundred in the main stand they can't be heard in the Derry at all.

Dundee fans have always preferred singing and making noise at opposition fans than for the team.

But i could hear Killie fans sing throughout the game yet only heard Dundee fans sing after the goal and near the end.

But i could hear Killie fans sing throughout the game yet only heard Dundee fans sing after the goal and near the end.

I thought it was pretty quiet today, Dens is like that sometimes though. At least the team weren't getting booed.

Tbh dideleux he is very consistent for dundee in every spell here, maybe just feels at home at dens. Absolutely no doubting his ability though as I thought today as you said your player's just couldnt get near him and when they did it resulted in a foul. One of those players who will win you a game out of nothing.

What did you make of us? Good enough to stay up?

Tbh dideleux he is very consistent for dundee in every spell here, maybe just feels at home at dens. Absolutely no doubting his ability though as I thought today as you said your player's just couldnt get near him and when they did it resulted in a foul. One of those players who will win you a game out of nothing.

What did you make of us? Good enough to stay up?

I think so. Although you looked shaky at the back and, as a precious poster pointed out, the passing the ball out from the back will cost you a few as well.

Certainly looked good in an attacking sense through the midfield.

Okay thanks for the reply. This playing out the back seems to be a new thing but certainly didn't do it as much in the second. If we cut that out then I think we will be fine. Still annoyed we didn't find a winner after the second half performance as we will probably play worse and win.

Good luck for the season ahead.

Feel a draw was probably a fair result, after the equaliser (cracker) we took a bit of a humping without any real threat.

Felt Samson made a few cracking saves 2nd half, devastated about Peaso's free kick but Killie boy hit the bar in first half too.

Oh eh....Tangerine p***ks :P

Some good killie pressing and a lot of fannying about at the back meant we wasted most of the first half stuck I'm our own half. Different story 2nd half, our midfield was a joy to watch at times but just couldn't find the killer pass.

On that performance we'll finish comfortably ahead of killie and don't think Hamilton will be anywhere near us. Killie were a lot better than I expected but think they'll struggle to score goals. A decent attack would have taken 2 or 3 off us today quite easily.

Not convinced with that formation. Would prefer a 4-2-3-1 with McAllister coming in for Stewart.

Eremenko has clearly enjoyed his summer off. Good stone off his fighting weight, gave the ball away everytime he touched it.

Good crowd from dundee, shit crowd from killie. Quiet as f**k crowd for dundee, fairly noisy crowd from killie from what I could hear in the Derry

if teams press us high up the pitch it can cause us problems when we play out from the back but at times it works well and we play great football

We take our chances and we win that game comfortably. Goals are definitely going to be a problem this season, although hopefully miller coming in will help. I'd have liked to see McKenzie play off Magennis rather than Tope as he was a complete carthorse. We came out for a point in the second half and our superb defending ensured we got it. I reckon we will finish above Dundee this season - Harkins is very inconsistent and without him on form its difficult to see much creativity in that team.

Archived