Does anyone here believe we can't use the pound?

gazelle

We will have to borrow at a higher rate until our rating rises. That would be a few years at most.

The UK will be f*cked. They will loose all Scottish input. Plus they have to deal with the Rulers of London ( Russian ).

The will have to pay for Faslane and it's relocation. New trident. Hs2. Hinkley point. Spend all winter hoping the south east doesn't flood again and ALL THE DEBT.

The rUK have more to loose by not having a CU than Scotland do.

Quite... What's their plan B ?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what plan A is. You also seem to be of the belief that only Scotland will be affected if the negotiations turn sour. This is quite clearly not true. Continue going round in circles all day if you want but I won't.

Ok then as I thought the walk away from debt scenario has no underpinning analysis or detailed consideration of the impact on Scotland - this is indeed political bluff and bluster.

We will have to borrow at a higher rate until our rating rises. That would be a few years at most.

The UK will be f*cked. They will loose all Scottish input. Plus they have to deal with the Rulers of London ( Russian ).

The will have to pay for Faslane and it's relocation. New trident. Hs2. Hinkley point. Spend all winter hoping the south east doesn't flood again and ALL THE DEBT.

The rUK have more to loose by not having a CU than Scotland do.

Again it almost sounds like this should be Plan A - it all sounds great.

Why would the staff go a Scottish exchequer? If we are walking away from UK debts and assets then we can take nothing for granted. The buildings might be there but would the IT work?

This Scottish exchequer in the pipeline? would we not be better waiting on the sovereign will of the Scottish people before spending money on this?

I always though assets such as that which are based in either country aren't even up for dispute. Our 5 billion we've just saved will be enough to set up numerous tax systems :lol:

I'm pretty sure it is in the pipeline regardless of independence. Maybe something to do with the new tax powers. Could be wrong though.

Ok then as I thought the walk away from debt scenario has no underpinning analysis or detailed consideration of the impact on Scotland - this is indeed political bluff and bluster.

As is the UKs refusal of a currency union....Duh :lol:

Again it almost sounds like this should be Plan A - it all sounds great.

Eh... naw. Intelligent people realise that a fucked UK isn't good for Scotland and vice versa.

Nice to see you agree with me that its bluff and bluster.

If the UK do refuse a CU, Scotland will refuse the debt.

The refusal of a CU will force the refusal of responsibility of sharing the debt.

How can that be hard to understand?

Even with a CU, Scotland will be under NO obligation to take on a share of the debt.

BOE = asset. It also holds 28% of the debt. Of course we shouldn't pay the debt if we're not allowed a share.

The Bank of England is an institution not an asset. Scotland will not be entitled to a share of institutions.

A currency union is in the best interests of Scotland. It is not necessarily un rhe interests of the UK. There is a chance of a currency union but only in a particular set of circumstances that are unlikely to occur. If Scotland reneges on debt there will be serious consequences for the secession negotiations so anyone promoting that is not acting in Scotland's best interests. Scotland will also be denied membership of the EU if they refuse their share of debt. That of course is not necessarily a bad thing in some peoples opinion.

The Bank of England is an institution not an asset. Scotland will not be entitled to a share of institutions.

A currency union is in the best interests of Scotland. It is not necessarily un rhe interests of the UK. There is a chance of a currency union but only in a particular set of circumstances that are unlikely to occur. If Scotland reneges on debt there will be serious consequences for the secession negotiations so anyone promoting that is not acting in Scotland's best interests. Scotland will also be denied membership of the EU if they refuse their share of debt. That of course is not necessarily a bad thing in some peoples opinion.

The BOE is a national asset nationalised in 1946. Milliband even admitted it.

There WILL be a currency union.

Been on the BT website this morning have we?

You started off talking pish and slowly progressed to talking sh*te. We'll done.

Why do you always leave out Faslane?

The UK have NO counter to the Faslane question. None.

Been on the BT website this morning have we?

You started off talking pish and slowly progressed to talking sh*te. We'll done.

Why do you always leave out Faslane?

The UK have NO counter to the Faslane question. None.

The BOE is not a national asset it's an institution :lol:

They're getting desperate now.

If the UK do refuse a CU, Scotland will refuse the debt.

The refusal of a CU will force the refusal of responsibility of sharing the debt.

How can that be hard to understand?

Even with a CU, Scotland will be under NO obligation to take on a share of the debt.

Refusing again to focus on the key point, what are the consequences of no walking away from the debt? I have no difficulty in understanding the concept of walking away but the yes camp again refuse detail in terms of the consequences which I am thinking means they have not one clue - they are not thinking of the consequences they are at the stage of saying absolutely anything - except answering basic economic questions. This could be the downfall at the next debate cos I don't see it being a vote winner.

Do you think the UKG could sell the BOE off in time before independence?

I'm sure they could find some Russian Oligarch willing to buy it to keep it out of our reach.

Wouldn't surprise me. They would lose the ability of QE which would mean they'd be critically fucked for eternity :lol: 1.5 trillion debt remember.

Refusing again to focus on the key point, what are the consequences of no walking away from the debt? I have no difficulty in understanding the concept of walking away but the yes camp again refuse detail in terms of the consequences which I am thinking means they have not one clue - they are not thinking of the consequences they are at the stage of saying absolutely anything - except answering basic economic questions. This could be the downfall at the next debate cos I don't see it being a vote winner.

What are the consequences of to the UK of not entering into a currency union ? What are the consequences to rUK of Scotland not taking any debt ?

All these "consequences" on both sides means there WILL be a deal on currency :)

Archived