Does anyone here believe we can't use the pound?

gazelle

Its incredibly unlikely and both sides know this, at the moment its all just posturing. A future Scotland would have to shoulder our share of the UK debt, whether you agree with it or not its been run up in our name. Saying that Scotland hasn't voted for XXX just doesn't matter, its happened. In the event of independence there will be a couple of thousand (plus) different agreements that get wrapped up into the divorce papers and the will all need to be agreed so there will be a lot of horse trading going on and I'd say there would still be a nuclear submarine base in Faslane after independence. Any country (or person for that matter) who walked away from their debts, even if it was covered by someone else is going to have a tarnished reputation which in finance would translate as a 'high risk' investment and would attract interest rates to match.

In who's name is the debt?

Faslane will be rid of WMD.

If Scotland pays back what it borrows, then high interest on the borrowing will be short term.

A tarnished reputation in today's markets last about two weeks. You get judged by those you deal with.

How many of the banks that got tarnished by the financial crash are still operating and doing business as usual?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I was on a train and Scotrail's wi-fi isn't the best...

First of all - "Nawbags". Seriously? Whoever posted that should grow up.

Secondly, you are not listening or debating if, every time someone tells you why they are voting No, you bring out a pre-prepared argument based on assertion and opinion and which those who read this sub forum regularly will have heard 200 times. It doesn't make it more convincing if you repeat it a lot or write in caps lock, by the way.

Anyone posting their own reasons for voting No in here (even where it doesn't criticize Yes) is immediately rounded upon by 5 or 6 of the regular Yes posters, all posting the same tired "yeah, but..." responses.

Almost as if the responses to No posters were co-ordinated.

If you want to know why we are Better Together, why don't you look up the BT website?

It's very informative.

I particularly agree with the references there to sharing a strong pound in the Union.

I fear, however, that it might be the case that you don't actually want to hear the case for the Union because you have already made your mind up and you were just looking for a disagreement so you could treat us instead, yet again, to your own opinion.

Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I was on a train and Scotrail's wi-fi isn't the best...

Secondly, you are not listening or debating if, every time someone tells you why they are voting No, you bring out a pre-prepared argument based on assertion and opinion and which those who read this sub forum regularly will have heard 200 times. It doesn't make it more convincing if you repeat it a lot or write in caps lock, by the way.

Anyone posting their own reasons for voting No in here (even where it doesn't criticize Yes) is immediately rounded upon by 5 or 6 of the regular Yes posters, all posting the same tired "yeah, but..." responses.

If you want to know why we are Better Together, why don't you look up the BT website?

It's very informative.

I particularly agree with the references there to sharing a strong pound in the Union.

I fear, however, that it might be the case that you don't actually want to hear the case for the Union because you have already made your mind up and you were just looking for a disagreement so you could treat us instead, yet again, to your own opinion.

:lol:

Oh, and have one of these

:lol:

It's very informative.

What a load of shite. The no voters spamming here: bigots and BritNats.

I love how you're levelling accusations of immaturity at your own country whilst simultaneously ignoring the hardballing and vindictive pettiness which has been eminating from Westminster for months before the debate took place.

If Westminster weren't abject c***s we'd have no need to argue about a CU.

Ah yes, the non patriotic card getting played, are you then saying that Scottish politicians (or people in general) can't be wrong sometimes. Looking at this forum there's a lot of immaturity I'd say, if someone posts a point that people disagree with it can descend into name calling very quickly. Your post screams 'them and us' to me. While the UK gov might be 'playing hardball' on CU, the YES campaign are doing exactly the same thing with their stance on the debt. Any 'but they said....' is immature bollocks, it doesn't matter who 'started it'. You seem determined to draw battle lines, you seem unwilling to listen to anyone's reasons and are very quick to label them.

Ah yes, the non patriotic card getting played, are you then saying that Scottish politicians (or people in general) can't be wrong sometimes. Looking at this forum there's a lot of immaturity I'd say, if someone posts a point that people disagree with it can descend into name calling very quickly. Your post screams 'them and us' to me. While the UK gov might be 'playing hardball' on CU, the YES campaign are doing exactly the same thing with their stance on the debt. Any 'but they said....' is immature bollocks, it doesn't matter who 'started it'. You seem determined to draw battle lines, you seem unwilling to listen to anyone's reasons and are very quick to label them.

If pound's the UK's. They must keep BoE's debt. It's pretty simple.

If pound's the UK's. They must keep BoE's debt. It's pretty simple.

I agree up to a point, we have a share of the debt (which has been run up as part of the UK) but just because we want the pound doesn't automatically mean we'll get it. For what its worth, in the unlikely event of independence I think we will get the pound, seeing as how we want it. All the dancing around with CU/no CU = debt repayment or not is just window dressing. We're not even at the foreplay stage with negotiations and both sides have made some pretty unlikely claims that some are more than happy to latch on to. As I've said before it doesn't matter how passionate you (or I) feel on a subject it doesn't make us more 'right' (or wrong).

A lot of gangsta's on here need to chill 8)

In who's name is the debt?

Faslane will be rid of WMD.

If Scotland pays back what it borrows, then high interest on the borrowing will be short term.

A tarnished reputation in today's markets last about two weeks. You get judged by those you deal with.

How many of the banks that got tarnished by the financial crash are still operating and doing business as usual?

Sorry I can't take this one seriously enough to give an honest reply.

Not quite.

Currency union and a fair share of debt is the white paper proposal.

Osborne and his unionist lackies Ed balls, and whoever the Liberal toad is, have said no. No under any circumstance!

If they continue down this road then f**k 'em.....watch the pound sink

planc.jpg

Not quite.

Currency union and a fair share of debt is the white paper proposal.

Osborne and his unionist lackies Ed balls, and whoever the Liberal toad is, have said no. No under any circumstance!

If they continue down this road then f**k 'em.....watch the pound sink

planc.jpg

Not too sure about that, how would it work if we demanded that we left the pound and (for example) wanted to join the Euro ? The attutude of expectation is fine if its part of the 'game' thats being played, I get that but I'm not sure that everybody see's it as moves and counter moves because they get so wound up (on both sides).

Reading through this thread and how petty and insignificant are no voters arguments???? Fucking hell. :lol:

this appears to be your current theme and to be honest, pretty tiresome it is already

Archived