Does anyone here believe we can't use the pound?

gazelle

Of course Scotland is a country.

We are already independent and functioning reasonably successfully, separation however will seriously jeopardise this.

Now that I've answered your q's here is mine.

Whats the difference between our current position and the position we'd be in as a small country within the EU, with none of the current opt outs?

No Tories..Win Win

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are already independent and functioning reasonably successfully, separation however will seriously jeopardise this.

Whats the difference between our current position and the position we'd be in as a small country within the EU, with none of the current opt outs?

We would avoid another country deciding how much of our own money we get back.

We wouldn't be paying for continuous London infrastructure projects.

We wouldn't be subjected to policies we didn't vote for like the bedroom tax.

Do you want some more ?

Yes.

Because at the end of the day it will come down to pragmatism.

It will also come down to business telling them that CU has to happen.

If you believe that then there is no hope for you, business will not back a CU, as the BoE would then be the guarantor for Scotlands debts.

If you believe that then there is no hope for you, business will not back a CU, as the BoE would then be the guarantor for Scotlands debts.

You're clearly a bit deluded if you think that big business won't want a currency union ffs :lol:

We would avoid another country deciding how much of our own money we get back.

We wouldn't be paying for continuous London infrastructure projects.

We wouldn't be subjected to policies we didn't vote for like the bedroom tax.

Do you want some more ?

You do realise we currently spend more than we collect (even with the oil factored in)?

I've fixed that for u m8.

lol If you look up and down Scotland you will see who is being successful the message of hope for a better future with Yes. Your politicians are not very successful their campaign lies in tatters as the Labour leader comes to Scotland to divert the BT message to try to boost his general election cause. Where is Alastair Darling, he is very inconspicuous in the BT campaign. BT is a joke their leaders can't even be together

You do realise we currently spend more than we collect (even with the oil factored in)?

You do realise that for the last 5 years we have got less back from the UK treasury than we have put in to the tune of 8billion ?

Load of countries run a deficit. Unlucky.

Fancy answering my question about how much it will cost the likes of Standard Life for the same quality of digs in London ?

I'll bite.

Why do you keep referring to Scotland as an independent country already?

Is it just the name you're changing?

You say separation - everyone else (and their mother) says independence.

Assuming a YES vote, on the morning of the 19th I'm going to dress up like Mel Gibson in Braveheart, march along to the local Tesco and defy them not to accept my pound.

"THEY CAN TAKE OUR LIVES, BUT THEY WILL NEVER TAKE OUR POUND.....

UNLESS THEY GIVE ME SOMETHING TO THE VALUE OF 70p AND GIVE ME 30p CHANGE".

You do realise that apart from Norway and Switzerland all countries run at a deficit?

Hmm, I wonder why Norway don't run a deficit.

I also wonder why they're continuously top of the "happiness index".

Archived