Sportsound Watch

2 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

60 minutes they are on air before kick off.  Maybe I'm being crazy, but I reckon they could spend 7 or 8 minutes on each top flight game on that day. Then maybe cherry pick a game from each of the other 3 leagues to talk about. If a team isnt playing that day then no air time. 

Don't be daft.

How would that give Kenny McIntyre time to shout stupid questions at a succession of thick blokes?

Who's on co Comms today with Levein? Usual guff about "big physical Hertz" within 2 mins. 

And suggests that Marshall should be ahead of Clark or Kelly (may have been tongue in cheek) 🙄

**EDIT** It's Craigan, isn't it 

Edited by Stylish Kid

10 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Who's on co Comms today with Levein? Usual guff about "big physical Hertz" within 2 mins. 

And suggests that Marshall should be ahead of Clark or Kelly (may have been tongue in cheek) 🙄

**EDIT** It's Craigan, isn't it 

Don’t think ahead of Kelly is too outrageous if I’m honest.

1 minute ago, GreenGray said:

Don’t think ahead of Kelly is too outrageous if I’m honest.

1) he's retired from internationals

2) he's not the same keeper he was 2 years ago

3) that wasn't the question asked

Also, my rage was also directed by my initial assumption that it was Bonnar on comms and was plumping for an ex Celtic player 😂

I wonder if the KMac will be on duty on Saturday as usual, given that the Domestic Abuse Cup Final is on Sunday?

Saturday programme will be more torture than usual if so. 'We'll get to the wee diddy teams that are playing today at five to three but first, tomorrow's League Cup Final. Worramatch that's going to be, eh, boys? Oh, eh, and Leanne...'

38 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

I wonder if the KMac will be on duty on Saturday as usual, given that the Domestic Abuse Cup Final is on Sunday?

Saturday programme will be more torture than usual if so. 'We'll get to the wee diddy teams that are playing today at five to three but first, tomorrow's League Cup Final. Worramatch that's going to be, eh, boys? Oh, eh, and Leanne...'

To be fair to them, it's one of the first chances they've had to suck each other's dicks over an Uglies Final since new Rangers blah blah. If I'm not mistaken 2019 has been the only other time? To be fair the poor lambs have been deprived, so I expect some of the juiciest slaverings.

I'm already seeing that BBC Colonial claim it is going to be a 'World Renowned' occasion. Dear God. They really fucking believe it too, don't they...

44 minutes ago, Jimmain said:

I'm already seeing that BBC Colonial claim it is going to be a 'World Renowned' occasion. Dear God. They really fucking believe it too, don't they...

Oh I don't know........

Had to scroll down quite some way :)

Screenshot_20230222-102354_Chrome.thumb.jpg.75779e3d9f6d1142aedffa60c7630e24.jpg

:lol:

On 18/02/2023 at 15:42, St. Jude said:

Willie Miller ever the consummate professional. His description of a Celtic attack “aw naw he’s in again”.

I don't have an issue with any of the reporters being obviously partisan. If anything, it's a bit daft to go down this whole route of pretending football is so important and so vital that all coverage of it must be impartial.

We all know Willie Miller wants Aberdeen to win, and I don't even really mind him expressing it. Same when Collins talks about Hibs, or Preston about Hearts, or whatever. It winds some people up, but I think there should be more of the sort of wind-ups we hear between Preston and Miller having wagers on the outcome and winding each other up. That's fitba fans, anyone upset by it is being a bit touchy.

All that matters is that they can report the game objectively in terms of who's playing well, what's happening, what's affecting the game, and articulate this clearly to the listener.

Miller is fucking awful at most of those things, but the fact that he clearly wants one team to win is no problem at all imo.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

At least with Miller he'll often be assigned games at Tannadice or Dens or in the Highlands or whatever if Aberdeen aren't playing whereas Bonnar will very rarely, if ever, gets a game that doesn't involve Celtic.

Did Bonner not appear on air once during the world cup break?

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Bonnar will very rarely, if ever, gets a game that doesn't involve Celtic.

I remember listening on one of those rare occasions. He kept having to check the players' names with the main commentator.

On 06/02/2023 at 12:31, Estragon said:

Not just saying this because they'll likely read it, but the improvement that Open All Mics would enjoy if they binned all the ex-players and handed it over to the AVFTT boys would be enormous. 

"amazing", shirley?

12 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

Split frequencies, with Rangers Colts on MW and Celtic Colts on FM

The entire station is a binfire to be fair. It’s not as though the station offers a schedule of interesting and enjoyable shows but is only let down by Sportsound. The same boring, white, old, conservative presenters have been on for years. And couldn’t sound more “few more years to retirement” if they tried. Its primetime schedule involves John Beattie then reading out what people had for tea FFS. The presenting line-up in other BBC stations seems to get shaken up from time-to-time and it’s a shame that attitude doesn’t extend to here and shift the deadwood. (Of course that requires production/management actually caring or broadcasters being decent enough to be headhunted 😆)  Sportsound is absolutely what I’d expect from Radio Scotland TBH: a mob of dull, amateur job-for-lifers. Audience satisfaction is of little importance.  

51 minutes ago, ThomCat said:

The entire station is a binfire to be fair. It’s not as though the station offers a schedule of interesting and enjoyable shows but is only let down by Sportsound. The same boring, white, old, conservative presenters have been on for years. And couldn’t sound more “few more years to retirement” if they tried. Its primetime schedule involves John Beattie then reading out what people had for tea FFS. The presenting line-up in other BBC stations seems to get shaken up from time-to-time and it’s a shame that attitude doesn’t extend to here and shift the deadwood. (Of course that requires production/management actually caring or broadcasters being decent enough to be headhunted 😆)  Sportsound is absolutely what I’d expect from Radio Scotland TBH: a mob of dull, amateur job-for-lifers. Audience satisfaction is of little importance.  

It's colonial radio. It's meant to be dull, negative and at all costs avoid informing or inspiring the population, dear me no.

3 hours ago, ThomCat said:

It's always ex "professionals" involved in the game as well. Can't wait for the 'Douglas Ross Radio Phone In Show" in several years.

Yes I can.