Sportsound Watch

Last week:

image.png.5e9a64fa08d81532b1e8fa90a862084e.png

Three Saturday 3pm kick-offs in the Premiership. Live commentary from one game on 810MW/Extra, with Open All Mics on 92-95FM

This week (based on the schedules):

image.png.de9154fbc0e64683ab7bdc1d4376e8f3.png

Three Saturday 3pm kick-offs in the Premiership. Open All Mics on all frequencies.

I can't for the life of me see what's different about this week. It's a real mystery why there isn't a commentary game.

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Last week:

image.png.5e9a64fa08d81532b1e8fa90a862084e.png

Three Saturday 3pm kick-offs in the Premiership. Live commentary from one game on 810MW/Extra, with Open All Mics on 92-95FM

This week (based on the schedules):

image.png.de9154fbc0e64683ab7bdc1d4376e8f3.png

Three Saturday 3pm kick-offs in the Premiership. Open All Mics on all frequencies.

I can't for the life of me see what's different about this week. It's a real mystery why there isn't a commentary game.

They don't even pretend any more. The first week of the season you could almost, almost excuse it, as they had a commentary team at the early kick off (the Celtic game) and the 5.30 kick off (the Rangers game) but there's literally no excuse for the BBC (and "the unique way we are funded") this weekend.

On 31/08/2023 at 18:22, Stylish Kid said:

Willie Millar is paid to comment on football and doesn't know when the transfer window shuts. 

In some ways this is the most frustrating things - basic stuff that the average fab knows 😤🙄

Is it any wonder he doesn't know when the window closes. In the past 12 hours, I have seen in three different media sources that the window closes at 23.00, 23.30 and 00.00. What hope does anyone have? 

By the way, if you're going to use the name of Scotland's greatest defender, spell it correctly.

26 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Is it any wonder he doesn't know when the window closes. In the past 12 hours, I have seen in three different media sources that the window closes at 23.00, 23.30 and 00.00. What hope does anyone have? 

By the way, if you're going to use the name of Scotland's greatest defender, spell it correctly.

Point one, I would question the media sources you are using, other than the last one. 
Point two, I agree.  McGrain is not difficult to spell. 

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Craig Levein? 🤔

Edited by Stylish Kid

10 hours ago, Rugster said:

Point one, I would question the media sources you are using, other than the last one. 
Point two, I agree.  McGrain is not difficult to spell. 

It seems that the correct time was 23.30, with an extra half hour to tidy up paperwork. 

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

The Sportsound "inquest" on the weeks European losses is hilarious.

I predict they will be suggesting that we need a working group to solve Scottish Football by this time next week..........

No, the answer is clearly B teams and summer football. 

Can’t make our game today so tuned in.

The chat is about how clubs should definitely be disclosing transfer fees to fans. According to Willie Miller, clubs are “duty bound” to be “transparent” with fans.

Jesus christ.

No club on earth would openly talk about transfer fees or publicise how much cash they have to spend. That’d be fucking moronic. A bit like this entire chat.

f**k me.

44 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Can’t make our game today so tuned in.

The chat is about how clubs should definitely be disclosing transfer fees to fans. According to Willie Miller, clubs are “duty bound” to be “transparent” with fans.

Jesus christ.

No club on earth would openly talk about transfer fees or publicise how much cash they have to spend. That’d be fucking moronic. A bit like this entire chat.

f**k me.

I mean, it’s pretty much agreed outwith the delusional Aberdeen fans that Willie Miller is an absolute buffoon.