Sit down gigs

sadindiefreak

Has to be standing for me. A seated gig I feel like I'm just watching on TV or DVD. I feel the same about sitting at fitba too. Scotland home games not a patch on the old Hampden IMHO

Not fan of sitting down gigs at all. I think it's more of am american thing. Seen macca at hampden at the who at the secc both sitting down gigs, there are more orderly but not my kind of thing.

The only time it did kind of work for me was when I saw spiritualized play ladies and gentleman at edinburgh queens hall complete with choir and orchestra.

Used to be a wait outside the venue for x amount of hours to get the front kind of guy but much prefer to stand or sit at the back and actually hear the music. Sitting is fine for me, knee is fucked and gets sore after standing for more than an hour anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

One time I saw James and Tm Booth kept telling me to sit down.

Must have been a health and safety issue.

One time I won a competition and got to meet Tim Booth (and the rest of James).

1. He did not look healthy.

2. He was definitely not 'safe', he was every bit as strange as you'd expect him to be (rest of the band were top blokes though).

Going to see King Creosote at Paisley Abbey next month which I expect will mean sitting on church pews for 2 hours.

I am considering whether to take a cushion. < = (officially auld).

I used to be for standing, until I saw The Prodigy do a lovely little gig at The Usher Hall.

Unsure if I could sit for The Prodigy. Can't dance about like a fucking lunatic if you're planted on a seat.

I've seen Korn sitting down, where I just headbanged my little 14 year old head and it hurt a lot. Kasabian were a bit better. Saw both standing too and it incomparably better both times. Had a ticket for QOTSA which was sitting, so I gave it to the security person as a deposit to grab a t-shirt. Never went back. The Who was meant to be seated by everyone was standing. When I went to see Fighstar at the ABC I ended up lying on the couches but that's because it was pish more than anything else.

Archived