Ticket price for away fans?

Can anyone explain why away fans are being charged £19 & home fans £17 for next weeks league game? Just don't get it.

The home tickets at £17 are restricted views in the main stand behind pillars.

Can we close the thread and stop going on about this now, please?

Can anyone explain why away fans are being charged £19 & home fans £17 for next weeks league game? Just don't get it.

It's the brave new world of the SPFL. Used to be that away fans had to be offered the cheapest price that was available to home fans. Hearts are doing the same. Any excuse, like "restricted view" will do. Unless you actually do get a restricted view, then no discount will be offered. Thinking Central Park and Parkhead there.

It's the brave new world of the SPFL. Used to be that away fans had to be offered the cheapest price that was available to home fans. Hearts are doing the same. Any excuse, like "restricted view" will do. Unless you actually do get a restricted view, then no discount will be offered. Thinking Central Park and Parkhead there.

According to wikipedia - not the most reliable of sources, I'll grant you - there are around 1000 restricted view seats for home fans. Theres nothing wrong with the away fans being charged £19 no matter how hard some Queens fans try to make out there is ... other than the fact that even £17 is too much for a Championship game.

The rule is that home and away fans must be charged the same for comparable views and facilities. Pretty sure thats been the rule for some time, has it not?

According to wikipedia - not the most reliable of sources, I'll grant you - there are around 1000 restricted view seats for home fans. Theres nothing wrong with the away fans being charged £19 no matter how hard some Queens fans try to make out there is ... other than the fact that even £17 is too much for a Championship game.

The rule is that home and away fans must be charged the same for comparable views and facilities. Pretty sure thats been the rule for some time, has it not?

Ok fair enough subject closed fae me.

As far as I know that's never been the case. Certainly wasn't in the SFL in the last 20 years anyway. Don't know what the SPL rules said. In the SFL the rule was always that you could not charge away fans more than home fans for the equivalent facilities. It was always possible to charge less to home fans if the facilities were deemed lesser. Several clubs did so over the years.

The SPFL rules appear to be the same as the SFL were. Rule I31 prohibits clubs from charging away supporters more than home ones for "broadly comparable accommodation". I32 however exempts concessions and family sections. So basically clubs cannot charge visiting adults more than home adults for the equivalent spots. Other than that they can do what they like. For what it's worth Rangers are charging exactly the same price to home fans for the opposite corner of the Sandy Jardine Stand as they are charging away fans so there's no issue there. They are also considerably cheaper than Hearts and HIbs are going to be and I think the same price as Dundee were last season. They are £1 more than Falkirk are for Adults.

There are no doubt many things Rangers can legitimately be pilloried for but pricing isn't really one of them IMO.

Archived