Moving to England if it's a yes

Romeo

I have heard this a few times from various No voters. I have asked where they will stay or where they might move which usually results in a "don't know, just moving to England" response. Other P&Bers heard this? will you move to England when we get independence?

I have heard this a few times from various No voters. I have asked where they will stay or where they might move which usually results in a "don't know, just moving to England" response. Other P&Bers heard this? will you move to England when we get independence?

Like asking if I will move to Hollywood when Sharon Stone decides she wants me as her plaything................

It's a moot point until after the vote anyway, which is almost certainly going to be a No. In saying that I want to sample England regardless of the result.

As the old Scottish saying goes, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

It's a moot point until after the vote anyway, which is almost certainly going to be a No. In saying that I want to sample England regardless of the result.

You could "sample" living in England by tossing £8 down a drain when you go to pick up any prescriptions.

Doubt the people shouting their mouth off about this would be the ones actually moving, but can see some needing to move out of necessity, or to better their job chances post-independence.

Assuming it is a YES, one of the things that hasn't really been mentioned is the funding for things like cancer research. Now I'm not wanting to start another shit fight but it might take a while for both a new Scottish government and for the various charities to sort out whats happening. My missus who technically works for Edinburgh Uni but in reality is paid from research grants from the cancer charities may have to move to England if she wants to continue what she's doing, certainly in the short term but I don't think it will be an issue.

Assuming it is a YES, one of the things that hasn't really been mentioned is the funding for things like cancer research. Now I'm not wanting to start another shit fight but it might take a while for both a new Scottish government and for the various charities to sort out whats happening. My missus who technically works for Edinburgh Uni but in reality is paid from research grants from the cancer charities may have to move to England if she wants to continue what she's doing, certainly in the short term but I don't think it will be an issue.

As long as there is enough money for the important stuff....cures for baldness....penis enlargement etc.

Yeah, don't move down here - you've to pay for prescriptions, which is obviously shit and makes it a horrible place. It is warmer though, and you can still enjoy irresponsible alcohol promotions.

As I've said before, I'm prepared to bet people who actually says things like this won't do so, because they're grandstanding shitebags. Basically, it's an emotional appeal: I AM AGAINST THIS HAPPENING SO MUCH I'LL LEAVE IF IT HAPPENS! DON'T DO THIS TO ME!

Back on topic, yes I'll move to England if it's a Yes. BECAUSE I'LL BE SO ANGRY!!!

Don't think I've actually had a prescription in about 3 years. Touch wood.

in saying that I'm more than happy to pay for them given that cancer wonder drugs are more available in parts of England than up here.

Cancer wonder drugs :lol:

You really are a crackpot.

My plan has always been to move back down to England at some point and a Yes vote would put the wheels into motion. In about 2035 the country might be back on its feet and even doing better financially than the United Kingdom. I doubt that but if it is I'd maybe move back to Glasgow.

A lot of people say they'll move to England in the event of a Yes vote but 50%+ of them are probably talking nonsense. But even if it's a No vote I'm still going so the question maybe does not apply to my situation. All a Yes would do is speed up a process for me which was inevitable anyway.

My plan has always been to move back down to England at some point and a Yes vote would put the wheels into motion. In about 2035 the country might be back on its feet and even doing better financially than the United Kingdom. I doubt that but if it is I'd maybe move back to Glasgow.

A lot of people say they'll move to England in the event of a Yes vote but 50%+ of them are probably talking nonsense. But even if it's a No vote I'm still going so the question maybe does not apply to my situation. All a Yes would do is speed up a process for me which was inevitable anyway.

I'll give you a lift to speed it up even more, we could even take Michelle Moan with us rather than wait 'til she can drive herself down.

Back on it's feet after what?

Archived