Worried about the vote credibility.

Polarcola

After the constant dirty tricks of the government MPs in their Better Together campaign, together with the obvious media bias, together with the strange and less than representative polling results, how can Scots be sure the actual vote will be correctly counted and 100 percent transparent. ?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened in Quebec?

The Canadian government (their Bitter Together) used all the dirty tricks possible, from gerrymandering to over funding the No campaign to bussing in thousands of non Quebecans in to hold a rally just hours before the vote. It was the epitome of smear and fear and in the end the result was 49.7 / 50.3 - and what's worrying is the number of spoilt papers was 1.8%, easily enough to swing the vote with huge cries of foul play in the way those spoilt papers were determined.

See the thing is normally I wouldn't justify the question of vote rigging in an election based in a Western hemisphere democracy. Yet as Canada/Quebec has shown, or even the American elections with the dodgy voting machines in Florida, if the prize is worth enough then there is no stopping those with a will to cheat to do exactly that.

It would be an absolute disaster if anyone was found to have been fiddling with the figures, and to be entirely fair here I have to say that applies to both sides.

Uh huh, well this is my point and I am surprised I've not seen it raised. I am beginning to believe the polling results showing a constant No lead is going to be a perfect come back excuse afterwards.

Yet I know not one single person that has ever been canvased for polling in 2 years.

Once again how do we know the whole thing won't get scammed to one side ?

Westminster seem to have so much to loose and lying to the public doesn't seem to be a step too far as it stands.

Regarding the the very convenient fact that No have taken just about every "independent" poll by a small margin, here is an interesting article

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/scottish-independence-working-class-boost-for-yes-1-3515052

I genuinely believe the pollsters have got it wrong, and they do have precedent for this it's not just a Yes voter giving it big licks against the establishment. I struggle to find people who are voting No yet find most are voting Yes and this seems to be backed up by others on here and elsewhere, yet the polls show a considerable lead for the No campaign. Who is it they are polling? I am not suggesting the Yes have a big lead, or even a lead at all, I just believe it's a lot lot closer than the polls would suggest.

I agree.

To reiterate; there is a strangeness in it I find a bit ominous.

The constant apparent No lead doesn't back my on the street experience where the mood seems far higher towards Yes than No.

So the question becomes: Why are the "independent" pollsters seeking a non subjective cross section of the electorate ? Consistently ?

Okay, own up, which one of the NCC has created an alias "polarcola"?

my money is on it being Casual Bystander

He's actually posting in a similar manner to yourself.

Archived