The Arbroath Thread

Will he have money to spend ? Big wage budget?

Yes, and no. I can see us having one of the bigger budgets in the division but I suspect he will be governed by whatever budget agreed when he took over. That's not to rule out any backers that may now come in due to his personal approach. There were apparently some sponsors holding back during the Todd regime. A couple of good signings and optimism may kick back in during the close season.

I fully expect the board to back Dick the same way they have backed our previous managers in recent years. We will have a good budget, yet again, and we should be able to attract top end League 2 players over the summer.

I'm sure Dick will be trying to get guys signed up early, with the League Cup starting on the 16th of July and a squad of 16 or so needed for then and no trialists allowed. This summer could be very different to previous ones where players and clubs have been able to hold out until the end of July/ August to try and get the best deals they can.

I'm sure Dick will be trying to get guys signed up early, with the League Cup starting on the 16th of July and a squad of 16 or so needed for then and no trialists allowed.

I didn't actually realise this was the case. I though special dispensation would have been put in place due to the early kick off this year. Expect plenty transfer activity early doors this year then.

The league cup is understandable but the proposed cup challenge cup for next season is an absolute disgrace. Announcing a plan to put part time teams like ourselves in a competition with development X1s and teams outwith the country with no regard for the players, fans, expenses etc absolutely sums it up. The whole competition has been organised with consultation comprising of brief discussions with tv channels and real football teams, completely disregarding 30+  teams who're meant to compete in this ludicrous competition. The worst part of the whole thing is the SPFL openly stating that they're testing the water with regards to development teams playing in the lower levels of our game.

So.... think it's shite watching East Fife and Clyde shitfest their way to the top of League 2? Just wait until Rangers and Hibs Development Teams are winning our league and our big away day is visiting Murray Park :(

The league cup is understandable but the proposed cup challenge cup for next season is an absolute disgrace. Announcing a plan to put part time teams like ourselves in a competition with development X1s and teams outwith the country with no regard for the players, fans, expenses etc absolutely sums it up. The whole competition has been organised with consultation comprising of brief discussions with tv channels and real football teams, completely disregarding 30+ teams who're meant to compete in this ludicrous competition. The worst part of the whole thing is the SPFL openly stating that they're testing the water with regards to development teams playing in the lower levels of our game.

So.... think it's shite watching East Fife and Clyde shitfest their way to the top of League 2? Just wait until Rangers and Hibs Development Teams are winning our league and our big away day is visiting Murray Park :(

Won't happen. That's been talked about for as long as I can remember.

It was only Speckyboy in fairness, the 6th game was the EF one and there was the 'Specky is a w****r and we are going up' in Methil.

Tbf though Todds first 5 league games were 4 losses and a draw. Campbells got 2 wins and 3 defeats, but I think there's a slight bit of sarcasm with your post... I think. ;)

I'm really looking forward to May to see what Dick does.

Eh wis right tho' wasn't eh, and em right about the defence, clean out the whole lot and move Lowdon , he is not a defender he is more a left midfield player, Little is too little for his position,Whatley not effective where he plays (spends too much time trying to tell other player who to mark and not marking players  himself) move him to RB maybe.For the rest of the games give Linn a wee rest,he looks like his engine wont go the full 90 minutes (he is over 30 and new baby maybe keeping him up at nights).Gold needs to go ,he cant hide in the center of the park all the time,put Serv in his place.Hester on from the start.

A win today

Edited by speckyboy

So.... think it's shite watching East Fife and Clyde shitfest their way to the top of League 2? 

Come on now Simon, that's just a ridiculous thing to come away with.

Clyde have never been top of League 2 this season.