The Arbroath Thread

6 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Just seen this. 

The board should have been questioned after that ridiculous statement where they scalded the support down at Partick. An idiotic thing that seems to have been forgotten about. 
Is that ok “brother”?

You won't find me disagreeing with you about that, it was handled terribly. 

So i am assuming either Stewart or Gold will be playing RB next week unless we sign someone.

Only 3 recognised Defenders in the squad. And with amount injuries and suspensipns we have had this season we need to strengthen in this area this month.

1 hour ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Dick should have been punted after the loss to Queens Park before Christmas. 

Home game v Cove for me. 1-0 up, completely in control then absolutely shat it. Took our best players - Linn and Oakley off and desperately tried to defend the lead. In the end we were lucky to escape with a point. Nothing has changed or improved since then, nothing! 5 points out of a possible 18, 1 win, 2 draws and 3 heavy defeats.

Also in that time we scraped past Fraserburgh and got destroyed 5-1 at home by Dunfermline. If there has been improvement then I’m damned if I can see it.

Again, before I get stick, come on Dick sort it oot ffs!!

14 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Was the Fraserburgh game not when we turned another one of our corners?

I can think of at least 8 games this season - Morton away, Dundee home, Hamilton home, QP away, ICT away, Morton home, Fraserburgh and Dundee last week where some fans have been talking about turning this non existent corner. Every single one of them followed by more crap.

To put it into context and how we’ve arguably regressed in that time - We drew 1-1 away to both QP and ICT in Oct and Nov. We’ve just played them both - at home - and lost each game 1-4. If that’s improvement then f**k me.

Edited by Tattie36

15 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

We have 7 points from 11 home games, and only scored 7 goals, that's a terrible record, 

Conversely, in our first 11 home league games last season we got 20 points and 16 goals. Broadly the same squad.

something is very wrong but I think it’s unfair to only blame the players… or fans.

7 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Conversely, in our first 11 home league games last season we got 20 points and 16 goals. Broadly the same squad.

something is very wrong but I think it’s unfair to only blame the players… or fans.

Conceded more already than we did all season at home....

Only 10 goals away from what we conceded in the whole season 

Midfield totally overran today - this is suppose to be the engine of the team - but was running empty.

Oakley gone now means we will need to recruit another defender, along with a proven Championship level striker.

Defence is like a sieve - leaking goals every week.

Last week's result seems a long time ago tonight.

21 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Midfield totally overran today - this is suppose to be the engine of the team - but was running empty.

Oakley gone now means we will need to recruit another defender, along with a proven Championship level striker.

Defence is like a sieve - leaking goals every week.

Last week's result seems a long time ago tonight.

Midfield coped better first half with gold in there. Bitsindou just gets in the way of things I feel. Don't think he's quiet managed to adapt to the speed of the Scottish game