The Arbroath Thread

40 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

So the implication is that you all think Hibs were wrong to sack him?

Edited, had a quick check on the hibs thread.  Their fans seem happy.

Mcintyre isn't going anywhere just now Exile. Relax, take it easy.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, keptie said:

Mcintyre isn't going anywhere just now Exile. Relax, take it easy.

McIntyre has ruined him, maybe he has caught whatever some of the Dundee fans have. 

When people take it as far as he is it actually just makes me back and want McIntyre to do well even more than I did before I read it.

Also think it seems pretty smug and self absorbed to be so sure that you are the one who is absolutely definitively correct and everyone else and especially people in the club running the club are all wrong - there is having an opinion and then there is whatever this is 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Posted (edited)

Mike Caird will be a very hard act to follow

Almost took the club to the top division in his 7 years as chairman, that will never be repeated

Great guy will be missed 

Edited by lichtiekev

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

McIntyre has ruined him, maybe he has caught whatever some of the Dundee fans have. 

Its nothing personal.  Just a business decision.

Bloody hell though, just seen that Mike Caird is stepping down, what a transformation we've seen under him!  The club is barely recognisable.  He's put a damn good shift in.

48 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Mike has been great for the club, sad to see him go. Tough job for Ewan west to follow him 

Yeah, MC has done a great job and wish him well.

3 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

So the implication is that you all think Hibs were wrong to sack him?

Edited, had a quick check on the hibs thread.  Their fans seem happy.

Most of us probably don't give a flying f**k about Hibs and what they do.

A huge thanks should go to Mike for the many levels he has contributed towards making our club substantially better both on and off the field. 👏 

Comes across as a likeable, passionate man. Enjoy retirement and enjoy watching the Lichties win again. 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Mike Caird great guy. Enjoy your retirement. 

Retirement, he’s no even that old

Posted (edited)

All the best to Mike Caird in his retirement, his contribution (as well as his Dad's) to Abroath Football Club has been superb and we should all thank him and the Caird family as a whole for what they have done for Arbroath Football Club.

I have known Mike since early teenagers and went to the away AFC games with him and also played football in the same team as him for years and i am good friends with him and i am surprised as anybody at this announcement but (and this is only my view) i am guessing after all the hassle with the Dick Campbell parting of the ways then all the abuse that he and the AFC Board have taken over the JMc appointment he has probably went " I do not need to take this sh#te anymore, what is the point".

As i have stated before i have not agreed 100% with everything the AFC Board have done but imo 80/85% what they have done has been great and i try to back up the 15/20% i disagree with with an idea i would have done (i.e. constructive criticism). 

Unfortunately for a long time on here a few posters have just constantly slated Mike and the AFC Board and a lot of it has been "personal" abuse and not "constructive criticism" and it has been shocking to read some posts from the "Keyboard Warriors".

Hopefully now that there will be a free place on the AFC Board some of those folk who have written the abuse will put their names forward to get on the AFC Board and give up their free time unpaid (but you will get a free drink on a Saturday afternoon = so what) and see if they can do a better job?

Happy retirement Mike and thanks for your hard work over the years for Arbroath Football Club.

Smokies & Wine 36-0.  

Edited by AFC360PUNK1320

THANK YOU 

With the season now finished TASC would like to say a few thank you’s

Firstly we would like to thank Fisher Tours for supplying the buses to transport supporters all over this country. We went as north as Inverness and as south as Oswestry in comfort on Fisher Tours wonderful fleet of buses. Thank you to the Drivers as well for getting supporters to and from games safely.

We would also like to thank Carol and the Tutties staff for their hospitality throughout the season. Whether it was opening the pub early to keep the supporters warm before the bus arrived or by hosting the bingo night fundraiser. Carol has made sure TASC members of all ages have been looked after. 

Finally TASC would like to thank the incredible Lichtie supporters who used our buses this season. Whether you were 1 of the 191 members or a non member thank you for not only your support of TASC but your unwavering support of Arbroath FC through what was a difficult season. We transported over 1000 supporters of all ages to 21 Lichtie away games this season, including a “European Adventure”. Without the supporters there simply wouldn’t be a football club. 

We hope to see you all again for the 2024/25 season 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

IMG_1691.jpeg

With the latest postings on P&B thanking Mike Caird and the compliment given by TASC I think it's rather obvious that we have a great wee Club and we should all be thankful of this. Once again thank you Mike Caird and TASC. 

24 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

New head fitness coach - aiming to be fittest team In league. Seems a good lad with a good CV. Hopefully can get the likes of Murray into good nick and up to speed.

I give up. Where in the shambolic Arbroath social media universe can I read about this?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

I give up. Where in the shambolic Arbroath social media universe can I read about this?

I do appreciate the videos and output on the socials and have calmed down from my earlier seething rants about everyone knows what but I was sent the link through facebook. I am enjoying the YouTube interviews and appreciate all the updates we are getting but there maybe should be a tick list that’s as simple as 

Facebook - ✅ 

Twitter - 

Whatsapp -

Website - 

That would maybe solve the issue 😂

Again not a dig cause I think the output on social media etc in terms of quality been good and informative. But it is a bit scattergun

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Posted (edited)

All our news should be on the website first. The other sites Whatsapp, facebook  etc are fine but not everyone does them . The Arbroath website should be the go too place for everyone to find out what is going on news wise.

Edited by keptie

13 minutes ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

Just wondering when we are moving over to the League 1 forum. Isn't our time here up or are we hanging on by a thread until the start of the new season?

GTF day will come once all the leagues are completed and play offs done and dusted.  

Arbroath look to have done some good early business.  Fancy yourselves for the league next year or reckon you'll be hamstrung by McIntyre?