The Arbroath Thread

Would imagine DC might want another look at these trialists this Wed in the friendly match against Dundee before offering any deals ?

Remember how outstanding Ben El- Mhanni was in his debut against Dundee - but for some reason, struggled to reach that form again.

Looking forward to seeing them playing on Wed.

1 hour ago, clashcityrocker said:

Would imagine DC might want another look at these trialists this Wed in the friendly match against Dundee before offering any deals ?

Remember how outstanding Ben El- Mhanni was in his debut against Dundee - but for some reason, struggled to reach that form again.

Looking forward to seeing them playing on Wed.

I think this guy really must fancy or want to try his chances up in Scotland. Was on trial at Dundee last year. Had hard luck with injuries but played at a very good level last season. The same league Nouble was playing in before coming to Livingston. Number 36 in this - this is the league Wrexham won - I don’t think it’s a one off I think it’s just a guy who’s capable of being good at a decent level. Seems to have all the attributes required to be good for us in this league - this was 3 months ago for Dagenham and Redbridge (a real life football club)

Edited by 1320Lichtie

3 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

Would imagine DC might want another look at these trialists this Wed in the friendly match against Dundee before offering any deals 

Absolutely not. Waste time and he'll be gone.  Sign 39 now !!

It's this super cautious,  everything will be fine approach that gets us nowhere. 

Edited by DUAFC

14 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I’d like to see us play a team against Dundee that is close as possible to what Dick wants to play this season 

Hopefully that includes a new striker 

16 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Jess Norey signed. Looked good against Brechin and was steady enough against Stirling in CM. 

Brilliant ⚽🔥🇱🇻 Praying Jay will sign too or do you think they wait until after tonight’s game before deciding? 

Yeah, quite liked the look of Jess so far, a bit like Chris Hamilton but his use of the ball is better. Big jump up for him tonight to see if he can do it against a premier team as opposed to a highland/league 1.

With Bird, I would imagine he will have a few offers, if he is playing tonight I would imagine he has signed.

Edited by Smokerson

29 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Yeah, quite liked the look of Jess so far, a bit like Chris Hamilton but his use of the ball is better. Big jump up for him tonight to see if he can do it against a premier team as opposed to a highland/league 1.

With Bird, I would imagine he will have a few offers, if he is playing tonight I would imagine he has signed.

Jess looks like a shrewd signing. At 21 he could progress well. Another Falky maybe?

Bird should only play tonight if he’s signed. Otherwise we’re just a shop window. I’d hope all these trialists are within our budget.

Heard big Bird wanting good money but we’ve offered him something, don’t know if he’ll be there tonight as maybe back down south. 

Personally think if you want a good striker in this league you have to pay the price and it could be the difference in going down or staying up… 

Edited by 1320Lichtie