The Arbroath Thread

3 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

He's just had a year of being a bit part player behind a left back who isn't as good as Harry Milne who just signed a new contract. If he goes to Arbroath, he's at least going to be starting for the foreseeable. 

100% agree with this, hopefully the chance of a lot more game time sways him to Arbroath 

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

It seems like Partick are wanting him so I would imagine he will go somewhere like that

Arbroath could prove to be a better fit - less travelling, continue training full time with Aberdeen and two days off while training with Arbroath in the evening.

Also, Arbroath have a good squad - complete the missing bits of the jig-saw and we can compete with any team in this league.

I am not convinced Partick would be a better move - look no further than Anton Dowds who struggles to get much game time.

Think a move to Arbroath would be a win-win.

Edited by clashcityrocker

2 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Arbroath could prove to be a better fit - less travelling, continue training full time with Aberdeen and two days off while training with Arbroath in the evening.

Also, Arbroath have a good squad - complete the missing bits of the jig-saw and we will be compete with any team in this league.

I am not convinced Partick would be a better move - look no further than Anton Dowds who struggles to get much game time.

Think a move to Arbroath would be a win-win.

You surely cant refer to one players lack of game time as a reason someone shouldn't be going to a specific club.

If we flipped that, look at Scott Allans lack of game time, does that mean another player shouldn't come to Arbroath?

As much as i like the prospect of a left back coming in, we cant say were a better fit over another club based on Anton Dowds not getting a game.

Harry Milne is going to play every week so why are Partick wanting him. He wouldn’t play but notice he’s Glasgow born so maybe thinking post Milne who will maybe be away after this year. 

Doolan mon to f**k, thought you were sound 

I think if we got Ngwenya and had an actual left back we should be looking like an actual football team cause we will have a good squad of players. I still think we are light in middle of the park but McKenna and Stewart playing in midfield should help that. 

If we have a poor season it’s down to Dick and Pink cause they’ve been well backed. Would love us to get some good results in soon, I know the next 2 games are going to be very tough but would still hope to see positive signs. 

Still feels like there’s a bit of negative energy at games on a match day and nobody, fans, players or management have much confidence at the moment. Hopefully can build that back up this season

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Surely the whole point of a loan, from the loaning club’s point of view,  is to get a fringe or promising young player some game time at a decent level. If that’s the case then why loan a left back to a team with an established (and very good) player already in that position? He wouldn’t get any game time unless it’s covering for injury or maybe in the challenge cup. That’s hardly going to develop or toughen him up is it?

A bit like Hancock with us last season - no way was he usurping Hamilton at left back so he ended up being played out of position which only led to him losing confidence and probably going backward as a player.

Ngwnya comes to us and he’s starting every week in the second tier - surely that a much better proposition for Aberdeen and the player personally.

Unless, of course, Dick decides to play him right wing or in goal.

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Harry Milne is going to play every week so why are Partick wanting him. He wouldn’t play but notice he’s Glasgow born so maybe thinking post Milne who will maybe be away after this year. 

Doolan mon to f**k, thought you were sound 

Unless there is a fee for him incoming 

Scottish Championship side Arbroath are reportedly the front runners to land Aberdeen full back Kieran Ngwenya on a season-long loan deal.

The 20-year-old has already enjoyed loan spells with Cove Rangers, Kelty Hearts and Raith Rovers, making 30 appearances in total for the latter in 2022/23 as the Stark's Park club reached the SPFL Trust Trophy final.

And now, according to the Daily Record, Dick Campbell's Arbroath are the favourites to take the young left back to Gayfield this season.

40 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

EXCLUSIVE! Partick Thistle make late loan swoop for Aberdeen left-back Kieran Ngwenya (Daily Record).

It’s ultimately up to Aberdeen where he goes, he will go where he can get most playing time, when is he contracted to?

And now for something completely different......Which club has the second best club badge?

I'm hoping there will be an improvement on Saturday, but the new players have still to settle in and get used to playing alongside the longer serving players. Feel like a draw would be a good result for us.

Edited by SotesBornalichtie

1 hour ago, ecto said:

when is he contracted to?

He has one year left on his contract with Aberdeen - but unless he does well this year would be unlikely to be offered a new contract.

Would presume he will be looking for regular game time - either to put himself in the shop window or gain a new contract with Aberdeen.

I can’t believe people are defending the management team for the left back situation. As LichtieKev said this should have been sorted out long before now. Now looking less and less likely we will have one in before Saturday 

Edited by lichtie23

31 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Just give me a fucking left back. Honest to f**k how is Scott Stewart still there, surely the first priority when the window opened was one. 

21 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I can’t believe people are defending the management team for the left back situation. As LichtieKev said this should have been sorted out long before now. Now looking less and less likely we will have one in before Saturday 

Surely this wasn’t the only LB, we were looking at