The Arbroath Thread

I agree with you Tattie, but is playing another right footed midfielder at left back really the answer, short term or not? David Gold is certainly versatile, we've even seen him play in goal. So why did we bother signing another keeper on emergency loan? Answer, because David Gold is not a goalkeeper. And unless he has been working at playing left back in training is he really going to be better than Scott Stewart? Maybe, maybe not.

The answer to our left back problem is obvious, a left sided defender should have been signed on loan or whatever as soon as the extent of Hammy's injury was known. But as usual the we supporters are treated like mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed shit about what goes on behind the scenes. And poor management decisions that came to the fore last season still seem to be being made. 

11 hours ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

If we don’t have the left back situation sorted by Saturday I wonder if we could just play Steele their and Gold at right back instead and get Scotty back battling in the middle of the park with all his energy and battling qualities 🇱🇻⚽🔥

Rather keep steel at rightback and just put gold to left he’s played there before for us

but yeah gold isn’t the answer he’s just the most logical solution atm 

Edited by SmokeyJoe

22 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Would bring in McKenna and Stowe for Balde and Mcintosh. Still feel Stewart is probably just about the best option at LB for now

Suppose Dow coming across to the left side, might give the LB a bit more help, where to you see Hylton playing?

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I’d take Dow out. Give Balde a run on the right where he played for East Fife. Gold, Slater, McKenna and Hylton as the 5. 

No sure on Hyltons defensive qualities, defo 3 in the middle 

Some wild calls here.  Playing Hylton, Stowe, Slater AND McKenna is the stuff of insanity.    We do not have a fully working defence, so we really do not need two gung ho wingers and two attacking midfielders.  Also, I don't think Balde has played on the right for us, so why wouldn't we play any of our actual right midfielders?  I don't want to see any more experimental line ups or mad position shifts.  We should play in our usual formation (4-2-3-1), with players in sensible positions. 

4 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Some wild calls here.  Playing Hylton, Stowe, Slater AND McKenna is the stuff of insanity.    We do not have a fully working defence, so we really do not need two gung ho wingers and two attacking midfielders.  Also, I don't think Balde has played on the right for us, so why wouldn't we play any of our actual right midfielders?  I don't want to see any more experimental line ups or mad position shifts.  We should play in our usual formation (4-2-3-1), with players in sensible positions. 

Best form of defence is attack. Let's get them to worry about us.