The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, WHM said:

I m sure I just heard on the radio on my way home Aaron Steele out for the season.

At the United game he was speaking to me and my brother as my daughter and nephew wanted a photo 🇱🇻⚽🔥 He seemed in great spirits and said he was hoping to be back end of the month 👀

2 hours ago, WHM said:

I m sure I just heard on the radio on my way home Aaron Steele out for the season.

Fkn hell. 

I seen him on the terraces at the United game and he was walking around freely. That’s a big blow I thought he’d be back in a week or two. 

ETA - just noticed everyone else say the exact same thing 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

45 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

I heard McIntyre on radio but nothing about Steele being Injured, 

Just that it was tough but everyone is pulling in same direction and the fight and desire is there 

Heard too only 10 players that were training..

jum said this is the worst he has ever seen a club with injuries 😕 

Lets hope we make a couple of signings in the next day or 2.

Not ideal having new players coming in but with the amount of injured, jaded, and walking wounded players we have we dont have time to get them settled in before playing.

And we dont know what the condition of the players will be when they come back from injury. Might not be fully recovered and may risk further injury by playing.

15 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Looking unlikely we will have any new signings announced today. 

Maybe in the morning. Training session tonight so might be looking to get a photo op done before announcing anyone.  

If there is only 10 players training I just struggle to see how we can put a team out that can do that - it’s grim

It looks like we are having to wait on any potential loans. Noticed a few Premiership managers say they’re not letting guys go until they have players in themselves. 

Hoping atleast Slater is back available tomorrow and maybe ToB and Gold

Steele and Little potentially done for the season

McKenna still a good 5/6 weeks away by the sound of it 

🫣

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

If there is only 10 players training I just struggle to see how we can put a team out that can do that - it’s grim

It looks like we are having to wait on any potential loans. Noticed a few Premiership managers say they’re not letting guys go until they have players in themselves. 

Hoping atleast Slater is back available tomorrow and maybe ToB and Gold

Steele and Little potentially done for the season

McKenna still a good 5/6 weeks away by the sound of it 

🫣

Yeah it’s almost too depressing to think about. These 2 games v Ayr could/should be a turning point in our season but the fact we could still be struggling to put out any kind of proper team is grim.

I’m sure we all thought that getting to January would see an immediate improvement in signings and squad availability but it looks like it’ll be another couple of weeks before we see much change. It’s so frustrating as I think we can see green shoots of improvement under McIntyre.

Here’s hoping that the full week’s rest will enable a few of the crocks to return tomorrow, not to mention giving all the “fit” players a much needed rest.

Friday and a deafening silence from the Club. Long distance travellers like me would be helped by some more information from the Club. Have we got a team for tomorrow? Is the pitch playable? No mention of covers this week. I appreciate that there’s a lot going on behind the scenes but the information flow to the fans seems inadequate when we need a strong support for the Ayr game.

Just now, timlichtie said:

Friday and a deafening silence from the Club. Long distance travellers like me would be helped by some more information from the Club. Have we got a team for tomorrow? Is the pitch playable? No mention of covers this week. I appreciate that there’s a lot going on behind the scenes but the information flow to the fans seems inadequate when we need a strong support for the Ayr game.

Bit of frost this morning but not enough for a postponement imo. Will depend on overnight tonight. Cold outside but not much wind. Wear your woolies if coming up tomorrow Tim. 😂

Just now, relichtie said:

Bit of frost this morning but not enough for a postponement imo. Will depend on overnight tonight. Cold outside but not much wind. Wear your woolies if coming up tomorrow Tim. 😂

Nothing in social media from AFC

2 minutes ago, relichtie said:

Appreciated 👍

Any way a few Arbroath based fans could pop down to Gayfield overnight with bags of ice cubes to put on the pitch? A couple of inches over the 6 yard boxes would be enough to get the game postponed 😉

Edited by Tattie36

3 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Any way a few Arbroath based fans could pop down to Gayfield overnight with bags of ice cubes to put on the pitch? A couple of inches over the 6 yard boxes would be enough to get the game postponed 😉

I hear that the manager is keen for it to go ahead. Maybe he thinks that Ayr are in a worse way than us. A postponement would likely mean a midweek game which isn’t ideal either. It’s all speculation until we learn what the actual state of our players is.