The Arbroath Thread

We’re gonna have to just keep signing players regardless of how many are in the squad currently 

I’m hoping Delaney is ok but you’d imagine Walker and Tam will be out for a fair while 

It’s a blessing that we’ve got 10 days off 

Robinson looked tidy and quite pacey and tall

MacKinnon so slow and gangly but got stuck in - wasn’t too impressed though 

5 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

So sorry for Walker.  He was having a good game and got crocked. I don’t think we’ll be seeing him again this season. Or maybe never. 

Agreed, he looked so much better this week, and he was thumping the ground in fury after he got injured.  He knew he was fucked.  That's the thing, there isn't anything systematic, it isn't like we could say there is something wrong in training.  Its just bad luck.

16 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

How the hell did Stowe get man of the match tho? His parents the sponsors? 

No idea. Thought adams was tremendous in goal, goldie good considering he still doesn’t look fully fit. Special mention to scott stewart, a right midfielder who has played all across the defence this season, we finally get a few defenders in and he’s moved into midfield only for 2 defenders to get injured and he’s back into defence, just gets on with it and was excellent again today.

1 minute ago, afc_36_0 said:

No idea. Thought adams was tremendous in goal, goldie good considering he still doesn’t look fully fit. Special mention to scott stewart, a right midfielder who has played all across the defence this season, we finally get a few defenders in and he’s moved into midfield only for 2 defenders to get injured and he’s back into defence, just gets on with it and was excellent again today.

Stewart was my man of the match. Also though Lyon was very good 

22 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

How the hell did Stowe get man of the match tho? His parents the sponsors? 

I could see it based on the last 20/30 minutes, where I thought him and Jacobs were our best players.  He was still full of running, and was trying to make things happen all over the pitch.  A lot of our players looked out on their feet, but the crosses into the box were from Stowe, as was the penalty claim.  He was also tracking back and making challenges in midfield.  I thought he was a bright spot towards the end of the game, and if anyone was going to get a winner, it would have been him.

3 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I could see it based on the last 20/30 minutes, where I thought him and Jacobs were our best players.  He was still full of running, and was trying to make things happen all over the pitch.  A lot of our players looked out on their feet, but the crosses into the box were from Stowe, as was the penalty claim.  He was also tracking back and making challenges in midfield.  I thought he was a bright spot towards the end of the game, and if anyone was going to get a winner, it would have been him.

Every single ball into the box was at least 5 yards off - several times he simply skudded it out for a goal kick. 

I can't believe you'd think the player most likely to score a goal was Mark Stowe, who has 0 goals and 0 assists in 22 matches this season.

I don't like picking on individual players, especially in the situation we're currently in, but it's clear as day he's not up to Championship level. Not his fault at all - I'd really like to see him go out on loan to L1 and L2 where the game is a yard slower and he can build up some confidence and learn the many things he needs to at these levels.

7 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

And this is why nobody takes you seriously. 

2 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Every single ball into the box was at least 5 yards off - several times he simply skudded it out for a goal kick. 

I can't believe you'd think the player most likely to score a goal was Mark Stowe, who has 0 goals and 0 assists in 22 matches this season.

I don't like picking on individual players, especially in the situation we're currently in, but it's clear as day he's not up to Championship level. Not his fault at all - I'd really like to see him go out on loan to L1 and L2 where the game is a yard slower and he can build up some confidence and learn the many things he needs to at these levels.

I completely agree.  I've said much the same thing about him not being championship level and how he should gout out on loan, so no disagreement there. 

And yet, *today* he was still our best attacking threat in the last 30 minutes, and still the only one with any running towards the end.  Nobody else looked more likely to score or create an opportunity in that last 30 minutes.

Opinions, eh?  IMHO Ali Adams was MOM (after a shaky start). Stewart was heroic though, and after Tam went off Hammy gave a real captain’s performance. I thought Stowe was decent today. Agreed he has a lot to learn but he worked his socks off and earned us an obvious penalty. He will score goals. And also IMHO Mackinnon had a very good second half after a nervous start. He has an eye for a forward pass, something we are missing. And I thought Robinson was hopeless,  it he just got off the plane and clearly didn’t have a clue where he was supposed to be playing. 

3 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

Opinions, eh?  IMHO Ali Adams was MOM (after a shaky start). Stewart was heroic though, and after Tam went off Hammy gave a real captain’s performance. I thought Stowe was decent today. Agreed he has a lot to learn but he worked his socks off and earned us an obvious penalty. He will score goals. And also IMHO Mackinnon had a very good second half after a nervous start. He has an eye for a forward pass, something we are missing. And I thought Robinson was hopeless,  it he just got off the plane and clearly didn’t have a clue where he was supposed to be playing. 

Adams definitely looked shaky early on, plus he made a couple rash runs outside the box, one of which really should have resulted in a goal when the Ayr player rounded him but I thought he made some good saves. and grew into the game later on.  Plus the caveat that with a completely makeshift and frequently changing defence in front of him, its not really the day to judge Adams.

When are clubs going to say enough is enough with some of these refs, stonewall penalty, denied, also, how much shirt is enough to merit a foul, am in absolutely no doubt, defenders get away with loads and get the advantage 

Stowe was probably the best attacking option we had today - he made many poor decisions which lead to him putting in a poor ball etc but that’s not uncommon with wide players especially at this level. Wee look at Jamie Murphy, Logan Chalmers and even Dowds today shows you that - also Leighton McIntosh who was very poor by his standards. Him and Bird look knackered - Stowes energy helped us a lot today and he should’ve had a penalty - don’t see why he’s getting singled out when everyone on the park was making a c**t of things in what was a very poor game 

15 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

So this is our injury list then?

Gaston, Little, Steele, Dow, Hylton (if still at the club), McKenna, Murray, Norey, Slater, TOB, Walker and Delaney

Offt,  you boys giving us a run for our money on the injury front.

I personally thought lyon played class at left back today, and also scotty Stewart superb slotting into Centre half not a foot wrong either! But great battling fae everyone today dug in deep, a point was well earned better then f**k all. 

But again boys going off injured again just a bloody nightmare patch we are in I feel for the gaffer at the moment! Hopefully next 10 days boys get a good rest and hopefully 1 or 2 return fae injury and boys have had their wee rest.

Hopefully see further 1 or 2 players still to come in would be ideal 

McIntyre with another good post match interview - confirms we are wanting more players in - shock horror - I would move heaven and earth to try get Sanders in

Ali Adams - what a game he had by the way for his first league game -  mentioned that one player was in a moonboot (presumably Walker) and one was away to hospital (guessing Delaney for a scan)