The Arbroath Thread

In a way, its a weird relief that its officially confirmed.  I'm already looking forward to next season under a fresh manager.  Lets get him punted, give Gold the caretaker gig for a few games and then get a permanent manager in place the moment the season is over.  Its been good fun being a big club, but it had to end at some point!  The good news is that the investments we've made in the ground and the facilities we've put in place will stand us in good stead for decades.

What a fight we put up in the last few weeks. We’ve thrown absolutely everything at the opposition leaving nothing in the tank week on week. The drive and motivation that this amazing management team have instilled has been a sight to see. Continue with this standard of performance and this never say die attitude and we’ll have L1 tied up by Christmas.

NURSE!!!!!!!

Replacing DC was always likely to be very difficult. I’d few demands of the new manager. Organisation and a nose for a signing would have done me. Even though I so don’t want Arbroath to go through the managers it’s my conclusion that Jim should go and the sooner the better. 

Well its been some ride hasnt it lads.

The COVID season shutting down our first season early.  The next starting late and so many games still behind closes doors.

The wonder season where Premiership football was so close, to the season that felt like we had just gone off a cliff. And now we have finally hit the ground.

But i have no doubt we will use these past 5 seasons as a benchmark of what can be achieved if we get it right on the pitch. Learn from our mistakes and move on to the next season.

Might take us a while but we will be back up. And who knows..... we may end up finishing higher than 2nd in the Championship. We might never see another part time team getting anywhere as close to that.

6 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

What a fight we put up in the last few weeks. We’ve thrown absolutely nothing at the opposition leaving everything in the tank week on week. The laziness that this management team have instilled has been a sight to see. Continue with this standard of performance and this ‘concede 1 and say die’ attitude and we’ll have L1 gone by Christmas.

NURSE!!!!!!!

FTFY.

4 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

The COVID season shutting down our first season early.  The next starting late and so many games still behind closes doors.

The wonder season where Premiership football was so close, to the season that felt like we had just gone off a cliff. And now we have finally hit the ground.

But i have no doubt we will use these past 5 seasons as a benchmark of what can be achieved if we get it right on the pitch. Learn from our mistakes and move on to the next season.

Might take us a while but we will be back up. And who knows..... we may end up finishing higher than 2nd in the Championship. We might never see another part time team getting anywhere as close to that.

Absolutely

And if another part time team takes the league title of this division down to the second last day I would be absolutely amazed. Never ever ever happening again

There is a lot of doom and gloom over certain things and quite rightly however there are also a barrow load of positives to take from the last 5 years 

Roll on next season 

20 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

What a fight we put up in the last few weeks. We’ve thrown absolutely everything at the opposition leaving nothing in the tank week on week. The drive and motivation that this amazing management team have instilled has been a sight to see. Continue with this standard of performance and this never say die attitude and we’ll have L1 tied up by Christmas.

NURSE!!!!!!!

That sort of sarcasm will get you a DM 

16 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Good post, think we’ve all made our feelings clear at the moment and hopefully changes are coming but worthwhile using the last few games to appreciate the journey we’ve been on and show our support to the players.

47 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

That’s that then ffs

Can’t believe you’ve given up! It’s only a 37 goal difference. If ICT lose 4-0 each of the last four matches and you win 4-0 you’d, er, wait…5-0…er, wait, aw, f**k it…

We are not mathematically relegated, and there is no chance of Jim McIntyre leaving the club prior to confirmation we're down.

I fully expect he'll leave the club within 48 hours of our relegation being confirmed.

2 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

We are not mathematically relegated, and there is no chance of Jim McIntyre leaving the club prior to confirmation we're down.

I fully expect he'll leave the club within 48 hours of our relegation being confirmed.

You're the most relegated not mathematically relegated team in the history of the sport. 

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

You're the most relegated not mathematically relegated team in the history of the sport. 

I couldn't agree more, but it means nothing when it comes to contracts with an 'out' clause upon relegation ;)

Edited by SimonLichtie

39 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Can’t believe you’ve given up! It’s only a 37 goal difference. If ICT lose 4-0 each of the last four matches and you win 4-0 you’d, er, wait…5-0…er, wait, aw, f**k it…

IMG_8348.png

41 minutes ago, TxRover said:

😂😂