That’s a lot of traveling 

Montrose - 10 minutes 

Cove - 1 hour 

Kelty - 1 hour 

Alloa - 1 hour 15 minutes 

Stenhousemuir - 1 hour 30 minutes 

Dumbarton - 2 hours 

QoTS / Annan / Inverness - 2 hours 30 minutes 

Thats not actually too bad. 4 teams far away but 5 teams within a good distance is actually pretty good I think - no idea how long Inverness, Annan and QoTs are. Every time I’ve been I’ve been pished and on a train or bus 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

14 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

At least we don't have to sit in the main stand at New Douglas Patk next year. Last time, the behaviour of the Hamilton fans was a disgrace.

I wouldn’t be sitting there. Vowed never to go back there after our treatment by their “fans”.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Montrose - 10 minutes 

Cove - 1 hour 

Kelty - 1 hour 

Dumbarton - 2 hours 

Thats not actually too bad. 4 teams far away but 5 teams within a good distance is actually pretty good I think - no idea how long Inverness, Annan and QoTs are. Every time I’ve been I’ve been pished and on a train or bus 

Motoring to do Alloa in 1h 15m 😀

Just now, JoseMarooniho said:

Motoring to do Alloa in 1h 15m 😀

I’m in Forfar but double checking and from here it says 1 hour 24. Definitely not what I’d class as a long one anyway. Home for back of 6 if you’re taking the motor 😉

It just depends on how busy the road is across from Kinross really

Think it’s pretty good. Actually in hindsight really chuffed it’ll be Inverness cause an away day up there and staying the nights a lot of fun. 

Also already said that as soon as the fixtures are released Annan is getting booked. The best away day in the country 

20 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I’m not sure how it’ll work for them. 

There is talk of part time football, they’d have to make huge decisions on where to train etc if that was the case.

If they stay FT in L1 then getting players to move up there was already a bit more of a nuisance they had to deal with in the Championship so I’m not sure how they’re managing it in L1.

You'd have to think they will just have to try find a way to chuck money at it, stay Full Time and have an all or nothing season aiming for a promotion right back up. 

Just chucking my 2 pence, I believe our chairman’s quoted as saying we’ll be full time regardless of what division we were going to be in. Whether that was bravado and the tune has changed now we’ll wait and see. 

Too early to say yet depending on what comes out over the next few days but I think we should be gearing up for a prolonged stay in Ligue 1 a la Falkirk 

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Just chucking my 2 pence, I believe our chairman’s quoted as saying we’ll be full time regardless of what division we were going to be in. Whether that was bravado and the tune has changed now we’ll wait and see. 

Too early to say yet depending on what comes out over the next few days but I think we should be gearing up for a prolonged stay in Ligue 1 a la Falkirk 

With the losses you guys have been racking up over the past few seasons in the Championship I would be worried about what sort of losses you will make in L1 if you remain Full Time.

Hope the board have deep pockets

7 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

With the losses you guys have been racking up over the past few seasons in the Championship I would be worried about what sort of losses you will make in L1 if you remain Full Time.

Hope the board have deep pockets

Especially if they’re keeping that clown Ferguson on 5k a week 😂😂😂

22 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Montrose - 10 minutes 

Cove - 1 hour 

Kelty - 1 hour 

Dumbarton - 2 hours 

Montrose/Arbroath - 7  1/4 hours

Cove - 7 3/4 hours

Kelty - 6 hours

Alloa - 5 hour 3/4 hours 

Stenhousemuir - 5 hour 30 minutes 

Dumbarton - 5 1/2 hours 

QoTS / Annan  - 4 hours 30 minutes 

Inverness 8 1/4 hours 

These are just journey times, not allowing for stops or holdups. I'm hoping to attend QoTS and/or Annan. Suitable day trips and chalk another couple of grounds off the list.

Would agree.

I thought it was a good option to have initially but it felt so forced, especially in season 22/23. Bakare and Ford opened the door to it and were the guinea pigs but Dick and Pink really took the piss with trying to sign so many of them that year that we really lost our way and so much continuity.

Oakley and Bird were for me probably the only two real successes. Norey was decent, as was Banks but better than anything out there who were part time players? I don’t really think so. 

Trial and error of a system which is fair enough though. I kind of think it was put in place so that if we got into the Premiership it gave you the option of having some full time players and experience. You’d imagine they may have ended up so much better than what we ended up with.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Would agree.

I thought it was a good option to have initially but it felt so forced, especially in season 22/23. Bakare and Ford opened the door to it and were the guinea pigs but Dick and Pink really took the piss with trying to sign so many of them that year that we really lost our way and so much continuity.

Oakley and Bird were for me probably the only two real successes. Norey was decent, as was Banks but better than anything out there who were part time players? I don’t really think so. 

Trial and error of a system which is fair enough though. I kind of think it was put in place so that if we got into the Premiership it gave you the option of having some full time players and experience. You’d imagine they may have ended up so much better than what we ended up with.

Oakley was a loan..  Hylton and Bird were successes - just not together! And Hylton signing for just 6 months and using us as a "springboard" (to nowhere as it turns out) showed another flaw in the idea.

Edited by TheRoundO

I would have happily kept Banks, Bird was probably the best "proper" striker we've signed in years, and Hylton was excellent, I don't think Norey put a foot wrong when he was given a chance.  I also liked the look of Turan, but he was never going to play in front of Bird and Hylton, and didnt make the most of his chances (and he was given a fair shot).  This season's recruitment was much much better, it was the previous summer that was an absolute binfire.  

Not too sad to see the back of the hybrid system overall though.  We're better sticking to trying to be the best of the part time clubs.  I just feel sad for all those Inverkeilor houses that will never be completed now....

2 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I also liked the look of Turan,

I must confess I never saw that. 

Saw him and Bird at Stirling pre-season and thought they were like night and day. 

One of Dick’s major failings last season was his inability to get good loan signings in. I know the story was that more allowed subs meant prem teams weren’t doing so many loans, but from what I observed most other Championship teams had loads of loanees in their starting lineups.
Our previous successes were built on loans like Nouble, Jack Hamilton, wee Hammy, Dowds, Scott Martin, etc. I think Dick’s brand of football didn’t appeal any more to big clubs trying to develop talent - eg Oakley pulled out and loaned to QP.

Hopefully Jim will have more success next season. The Charlie Reilly loan looked like a coup but our injury hoodoo got him too.