The Arbroath Thread

4 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

A massive gamble.

On the one hand it give them a better chance to sign FT players by training nearer the centtal belt rather than asking them to relocate or travel to Inverness to train. Players might be more willing to travel to Inverness every 2nd week.

Also with 7 Astro pitches in L1 players/managers should have a better feel for it.

But this comes at the cost of lacking the community feel as players are no longer training in town. Its ok for PT teams due to players having jobs outwith football so they take players from all over. FT teams makes this more undesirable as if you dont get back up at the first try, things can start to go against you.

If the Battery farm deal doesnt get the go ahead then i can see that club going into Administration followed by going PT for the foreseeable future until they can get back up and investors in.

I thought the battery farm had officially been denied by the council? Have the appealed it? 

3 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I thought the battery farm had officially been denied by the council? Have the appealed it? 

Appealing it but will take months.

8 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Appealing it but will take months.

Im sure the reason given was because that’s where kids go sledding in the winter 😄

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

Im sure the reason given was because that’s where kids go sledding in the winter 😄

Lets hope they lose the appeal then. Cant be stopping the kids sledding.

3 minutes ago, Monkfish85 said:

Heard through someone that all players who have left this season in dispute with club about unpaid wages. Case with PFA and lawyers now. What a mess if this is true !

Our club? 

3 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Our club? 

Yes . I noticed on twitter the rocket Ali had wrote something and deleted it but also heard it’s the case that the other boys are in dispute as well. 

10 minutes ago, Monkfish85 said:

Yes . I noticed on twitter the rocket Ali had wrote something and deleted it but also heard it’s the case that the other boys are in dispute as well. 

Can’t say Iv heard anything about it and usually in this small town someone would have mentioned it. Hopefully it’s nonsense. Don’t need that hanging over the club and has the potential for putting players off signing with us. 

11 minutes ago, Monkfish85 said:

Was that not where he said "check the small print on your contracts"?  I suspect that's been wildly taken out of context.  Not buying that at all.

9 minutes ago, Housecaptain said:

I think we have to be careful here, so far it's Chinese whispers and we all know where this can lead. 

The player I spoke to is seen as a club legend and loves the club. It’s a worry because if this comes out it’s not going to look good for new players. The worst thing is according to the player Arbroath are the only club in Scotland who have done this . Not a good look 

6 minutes ago, Monkfish85 said:

The player I spoke to is seen as a club legend and loves the club. It’s a worry because if this comes out it’s not going to look good for new players. The worst thing is according to the player Arbroath are the only club in Scotland who have done this . Not a good look 

I will take what you are saying with a sea full of salt.

41 minutes ago, Monkfish85 said:

Yup players contracts that were running up until Mid June, stopped being paid in May whether that’s right or wrong, it appears to be in some small print on the contract that if your leaving you stop being paid when the season ends.

The naysayers will say it’s a load of crap, but multiple players have this issue with the club, and it will come out.

id expect certain folks on here like 1320lichtie who knows everyone inside out at the club apparently, because he met them one time, will say its horseshit. But it comes from the players own mouths

1 minute ago, Lichteeeeee said:

Yup players contracts that were running up until Mid June, stopped being paid in May whether that’s right or wrong, it appears to be in some small print on the contract that if your leaving you stop being paid when the season ends.

The naysayers will say it’s a load of crap, but multiple players have this issue with the club, and it will come out.

id expect certain folks on here like 1320lichtie who knows everyone inside out at the club apparently, because he met them one time, will say its horseshit. But it comes from the players own mouths

You still find a way to bring me into your posts, it’s starting to become a bit obsessive. 

I would suggest that if anyone had any queries about this or anything else to just ask the club themselves. 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, Lichteeeeee said:

The fact Arbroath are the only club who have done this according to the player who has been in contact with pfa , doesn’t make for good reading . 

34 minutes ago, Lichteeeeee said:

Generally contracts run until the end of May. This is mainly to cover clubs who reach Scottish cup final and/or playoff finals.

Would be odd for a club to have a contract end mid-June as that means a club is paying more than necessary on wages in the close season. Usually June is a month where clubs wage bills are lowest as less players on the books due to player contracts ending and new signings not officially signed up until June 14th.

Possibly the club had an early exit clause in the contracts in terms of the clubs relegation (example - Original contract was until 30th may but if relegated clause activated in contract to end it on 5th May. Or a clause that would have an option to extend it if the club was in the playoffs and the contract did not include playoffs (example - original contract ended on the 5th May but exteded to 30th may to cover playoffs)

Its very probable that the "dispute" is nothing more than a lack of understanding of the terms of the contract.

I am sure a few seasons ago a team (Partick I think but I could be way off the mark) had players contracts end just after the season finished but had to quickly get them to extend them by a month as they were in the playoffs and did not have that clause in it.

There are always two sides to every story, and similar to the Ali Adams situation we'll not get the clubs side of the story on this one because, quite rightly, the club don't make public comments on club employees and their contractual situations.

I'd simply say, as far as I am aware, several players signed contracts and at the end of them have found out that the terms of the agreement were slightly different to what they thought they were. One or more players have asked for this to be checked by the PFA to see where things stand - the 'small print' stuff can be disregarded as it was 1, said by a known and proven liar with a chip on his shoulder regarding the club, and 2, alludes to the club trying to 'trick' people in some way when contracts were signed, which is utter bollocks. I strongly suspect that players do not read every line and every in/ out of their contract prior to signing it, and therefore something they signed on the dotted line too actually comes as a surprise sometimes.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

There are always two sides to every story, and similar to the Ali Adams situation we'll not get the clubs side of the story on this one because, quite rightly, the club don't make public comments on club employees and their contractual situations.

I'd simply say, as far as I am aware, several players signed contracts and at the end of them have found out that the terms of the agreement were slightly different to what they thought they were. One or more players have asked for this to be checked by the PFA to see where things stand - the 'small print' stuff can be disregarded as it was 1, said by a known and proven liar with a chip on his shoulder regarding the club, and 2, alludes to the club trying to 'trick' people in some way when contracts were signed, which is utter bollocks. I strongly suspect that players do not read every line and every in/ out of their contract prior to signing it, and therefore something they signed on the dotted line too actually comes as a surprise sometimes.

👏🏼 

How anyone can expect any of this stuff to come out from the club in form of statement or whatever etc is mad. They cannot do that.

If anyone has anything they want to personally ask the club for clarity or peace of mind then the club are very accommodating and helpful. 

Ultimately all the details within contracts etc are not really any of our business. The contracts would’ve been signed a long time ago and players will have come and gone with the same terms in their contracts without any issue. 

This is exactly what the PFA are there for and if any player feels like they got any legitimate grievances then it can be dealt with through the proper channels and in the correct manner. 

ETA - all the Chinese whispers on public forums like this does absolutely no favours to anybody either. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

13 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Simon Murray ❤️ 

What a player and what a guy. Fair play to him. 

Clarke should take him to the Euros. We need a Ginger to sacrifice to the footballing gods.