The Arbroath Thread

Posted (edited)

Peterhead’s young player of the year last year and a local lad. I quite like it on the face of it. Could maybe end up being the clubs left back for a really long time. 

Obviously imagine he will be understudy to Hammy in short term

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Shrewd signing imo. Powerful young defender who can make runs up the wing, can play anywhere along back 4 but I think RB has been his most frequent haunt in the past couple seasons.

Been a decent player in terrible teams at League One level, won Peterhead's Young POTY and was at Edinburgh City first half of this season. Spent 2nd half at Broughty as he'd already played for 2 SFA clubs, Edinburgh and us.

Been good enough for the third tier the last couple years, should hopefully get to showcase that more for you.

Apparently he had a few offers but chose us. Whether he wants to remain local or we still have a pull on players wanting to join the best part time club...who knows. Seems a good enough signing and he's at a young age.

New Highlights!

We're delighted to have recently uploaded 70 (yes, 70!) match highlights from the 2001-2002 and 2002-2003 seasons!
Hinchy wondersaves, George Rowe strolling it at the back, John McGlashan bossing the midfield, Stevie Mallan causing havoc up top....and much more!

There's two playlists there that have 35 videos in each of them, and they're all in order from day 1 to day 36 of the season a side the couple that are missing..... don't say I'm not good to you ;)

(Absolutely raging the club have announced a signing around the same time as me putting this out..... how dare they! :lol: :rolleyes:) Another promising signing at that, excellent stuff :) 

Have a feeling we will be seeing Wilkie feature more often than not.

1st Steele/ 2nd Walker fighting over RB.

ToB at CB with either Hammy/Steele/Wilkie alongside (my guess Hammy) 

1st Wilkie/ 2nd Hammy at LB.

Finally multiple options at the back. Only been 9 years or so.

14 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:
New Highlights!

We're delighted to have recently uploaded 70 (yes, 70!) match highlights from the 2001-2002 and 2002-2003 seasons!
Hinchy wondersaves, George Rowe strolling it at the back, John McGlashan bossing the midfield, Stevie Mallan causing havoc up top....and much more!

There's two playlists there that have 35 videos in each of them, and they're all in order from day 1 to day 36 of the season a side the couple that are missing..... don't say I'm not good to you ;)

(Absolutely raging the club have announced a signing around the same time as me putting this out..... how dare they! :lol: :rolleyes:) Another promising signing at that, excellent stuff :) 

Just fantastic stuff Simon. Already watched7 games

8 hours ago, TASC_1878 said:

The Premier Sports Cup Group Stages will be drawn at 1pm tomorrow afternoon. Our Lichties are in Pot 3. 

Who would you like to see in our group?
Do you care if our Lichties qualify for the next round? 
Or is this just an extension to preseason? 

Leave your comments below ⬇️ 

IMG_1778.jpeg

Would like to get Peterhead, Bonnyrigg, East Kilbride or Buckie Thistle away to cross another grond off the list

Just now, RedLichtie86 said:

McIntosh away to try and get Full Time football. Have a feeling he must have something lined up already.

I knew this was going to happen. Not because I have any inside knowledge or anything but I spoke to him at the POY and when I asked if he was staying he just dodged/deflected from answering the question. I thought right then If he’s not committed to the club then he’s better off away. 

1 minute ago, RedLichtie86 said:

My gut is saying he will end up at ICT.

Good shout. 

You would imagine we’ve brought Reilly and Gallagher in to be first choice (in the 2 positions) 

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Good shout. 

You would imagine we’ve brought Reilly and Gallagher in to be first choice (in the 2 positions) 

Would think so. Need at least 1 more striker then as backup.

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

On paper Gallagher is an upgrade over McIntosh 

Might be controversial but I would go as far as saying Gallagher is an upgrade on McKenna, different players I know but McKenna would be taking one of they top 2 positions on the park in the 10 and Gallagher got 4 years on him and a f**k load of goals. Not sure everyone would agree 

1 minute ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Aye absolutely. Loan and a punt on McGrath would maybe be decent 

16 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

The manager has said he wants to play 2 up front, so that means we need to find 2 more strikers who are an upgrade on McIntosh.

33 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

The manager has said he wants to play 2 up front, so that means we need to find 2 more strikers who are an upgrade on McIntosh.

Will be a limited squad of 20 players. Can see us having at least oit and out strikers.

The 4th will probably be a winger that can play as striker if needed but most likely not as good.

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I won’t hold my breath on playing 2 up front, when he finds out that most teams play one up and pack the midfield, don’t want to end up with 3 strikers on the bench

41 minutes ago, ecto said:

I won’t hold my breath on playing 2 up front, when he finds out that most teams play one up and pack the midfield, don’t want to end up with 3 strikers on the bench

Our next manager will most likely go back to 1 up top, but in the various interviews, there's been a couple references to "two up top", so I would assume thats what our current incumbent will be doing.

I noticed on the East Fife thread they were talking about budgeting for a squad of 24 in league 2.  I think a squad of 20 is too small considering that we dont have a youth team, and considering bench sizes and 5 subs.  Other teams will be able to bring on half a team of fresh legs, while we'll only ever be a couple suspensions and injuries away from a crisis.  The game has changed, and we need to adapt.