The Arbroath Thread

As the year end approaches we may have seen the last of Sukar in a Lichtie shirt as he will be suspended for next week 

The loan deals for him and Skelly are due to expire in January, as is the one for Mutch as well I think. I can't make out if this means the beginning or end of January, but presuming it is the beginning, we may only have 1 more match to see Skelly and I doubt that Mutch will get in ahead of Gomes next week, so his time is up.

Of the 3 of them I think that Skelly is the one that the Club should go all out to extend his loan if possible. Robbie Mutch was ok, but prone to mistakes (I know he is young!) so I think that Gomes should be No1 with Big Rab as back up. Sukar has also shown some good potential, but think that Phillips is better going forward and linking up with Bobby Linn. I wouldn't be disappointed if his loan was extended, but equally I wouldn't miss him too much if he went back to Tannadice.

What do others think?

Just said in Elgin thread

SKELLY MUST STAY

Mutch and Sukar I'm not too fussed both have played their part well but Ricky Gomes number 1 and better options than Sukar at LB

I normally think you speak shite!, but not this time, you are 100% right

We'll not exactly be playing hardball in allowing you to keep Skelly for the season.

Thought a step up a league for the 2nd half of the season might have benefitted player and parent club, unless Dundee are freeing him next summer

Thought a step up a league for the 2nd half of the season might have benefitted player and parent club, unless Dundee are freeing him next summer

Not sure there's that much difference to be fair. Our location will help us out, being local. Also playing every week and clearly very happy here, imagine a deal will be done. And if Dundee aren't keen on keeping him he can come back and do bits for us in League 1 a few years ;)

Maybe get a good full time move after it. I've went full circle on the guy. Huge fan now, wand of a left foot.

our best left back is playing cb get a centre half in move hammy to left back his best position. we really dont have a big defence so a malcome type centre back is a must
away you, Hammy is now part if a very good central defensive partnership, if you don't rate Phillips, then get a different LB, Hammy stays where he is

Skelly is really starting to find his feet at this level. Both clubs would be well advised to continue his development at Arbroath. I'm seriously not sure that he's ready for premiership football, but could make it given time.

Dundee might want him to get some match time in league 1 tho

Skelly really seems to be enjoying his football at Gayf, hopefully that along with the fact he seems to be close pals with a few of the players and he's playing with and hopefully learning from some seasoned lower league pros will hopefully convince them to let him stay.

i have heard that there is a really high chance that skelly loan deal will be extended to the end of the season. [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

I don't know why a few of you were concerned he'd be anywhere other than Arbroath for the rest of the season tbh.

Glad to see he's won you lot round though. Different positions obviously but would you say he's a better prospect for us than Carriero was?

I was one of the few that liked Skelly last year, could see he had talent, he was playing in a rank rotten team.

This year he has better players around him, equally good up front or out wide, his delivery is frightening on his left side. Would be great to get him till the end of the season, looks like he is enjoying it aswel

I don't know why a few of you were concerned he'd be anywhere other than Arbroath for the rest of the season tbh.

Glad to see he's won you lot round though. Different positions obviously but would you say he's a better prospect for us than Carriero was?

Yes

Carriero although extremely talented was far too lightweight, Skellys got a bit about him. He's actually dare I say it a wee bit like Greg Stewart when he's been playing out wide... ;)

On the right cutting in and putting in some delightful balls with his left peg.

Few wee things I've noticed

We currently have the best defence in league

3rd top scorers

1 defeat in last 10 games

Top scorer is Bobby Linn on 5, way behind plenty of other guys, our goals are coming from all over the team

If Prunty and Doris start firing I think we will be tough to stop, they've only got 4 goals between them in 16 games yet were 3rd top scorers

Skelly should be classed as a winger now for me. Get a striker in on loan January so we have 3/4 to pick from.

Looking pretty solid elsewhere and all over park. Good depth to the squad.