The Arbroath Thread

well done 1320 good to see guys on here can disagree but take it in the right spirit

Haha I'll no be spitting the dummy out over anything said on here. It's not worth getting angry over what other people think, everyone thinks and sees things differently. Just great having a forum where everyone can talk about the team.

29 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How's being one footed a problem anyway? Loads of players like that in the team. I don't see how it affects his game, if he had to use his right he would. Bizarre thing to be talking about to be honest.

And I know they are. You expressed yours and I expressed mine back to it.

Being so one footed makes him more predictable. On Tuesday, he pretty much tried to go outside the defender but because he clearly wasn't up to speed, struggled to get past him.

As a neutral I watched Denholm many times at Station park thought he was a god enough player but never really watched him and thought wow he is a really great player ( unlike Easton that they have just signed now he has something ) , but he was really great with my grandson when he was the match day mascot.

Seen enough of Easton by now, boy flatters to deceive and is by all accounts a bit of a fud to boot.

Denholm every single day for me

Predictable is not a word I would use to describe Danny Denholm, I remember watching him last year in the first derby and he was so dangerous, constantly looking to commit defenders and get to the by-line but also came inside on various occasions and looked to get a shot away at goal. He has scored over 30 goals in two seasons, a great return for a wide player, still only 26, a really exciting signing for me.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Seen enough of Easton by now, boy flatters to deceive and is by all accounts a bit of a fud to boot.

Denholm every single day for me

I would agree bit of a fud on Tuesday he spent half his time complaining to the ref and team mates also looked a bit chubby but he looks like a player with something about him , I just see Denholm as good player but that's it

Looking forward to the match tomorrow. With the players that are available it'll be interesting to see what the line up is at the start.

The back four pretty much picks itself along with Bobby Linn and Steven Doris but I wonder what formation the manager will decide on when selecting the rest of the side. Would think Yule is definitely a starter but the others are up for grabs. Almost spoiled for choice if the full squad is available.  

Won't be a backup, will be there as competition for Ricky

Aye but he'll start as second choice

Like you say it's probably the first time in a while where we've had good competition for the spot. If Hutton is anything like I remember him. Always thought he was pretty decent.

Could argue last year there was but for me Gomes was always so much better than Mutch.

Before that there's been Brodie, Wilson for a few years, Burns... last decent second keeper we had must've been Scott Morrison?

Being so one footed makes him more predictable. On Tuesday, he pretty much tried to go outside the defender but because he clearly wasn't up to speed, struggled to get past him.

DD is most certainly not predictable, he doesn't know what he's about to do himself half the time, often seems to trip up on his own size 16 clown feet.
Very one footed and can be a bit ball greedy.
Would have him back in a flash.

I think everyone agrees Denholm will be an excellent signing for us, as will all of the guys we've added to the squad so far. In ToB, Denholm, Swankie and Yule I think we've added 4 players who are quality for this level, we've also kept all of our main players from last season and it's surely only a matter of time before we bring in another left sided defender as backup to complete the squad. At this point in time I've got to say I'll be disappointed if we're not challenging for 4th considering how things are shaping up. At worst as long as we're comfortable mid table it'd be acceptable and with what we have we certainly shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom 2.

Campbell trying to get Ryan Porteous on loan from Hibs according to the courier an 18 year old highly promising defender, he also cleared up the wee misunderstanding about the amount of school teachers in the team saying he's not happy with the early start to the season as he has 5 players away on holiday due to them being teachers or married to teachers.Innocent of teachergate:)

Porteous seems to be very highly rated by Edinburgh City and Hibs fans, would be great to have in the squad but can't see Hibs loaning him unless he's guaranteed to play every week. Was linked with Dumbarton earlier in the window too and played for Hibs vs Montrose last Saturday I believe.