The Arbroath Thread

How can someone misplacing a pass that goes to the opposition keeper be getting blamed for us losing a goal? Come on

We have just skelped Montrose 4-0, have some very good players on the books, have an exciting squad built and taken 5 points from 6 in the LC group stage and people are berating a guys bad pass on Tuesday night

Hester played really well yesterday, Arbroath played really well, can we not just enjoy it?

Haha it was Denholms turn last week and now it's Hesters, unbelievable

In fairness though atleast it isn't as bad as Forfar, they were getting booed off at half time yesterday [emoji1]

progressing at 22 is a lifetime in fitba terms .the majority of our team have came either played or involved in full time sides learned there trade from 15 onwards so 22 is far from young

Aye but Hester was playing in the pub league and a year or two in the juniors so that doesn't apply

So whilst I agree that he's hardly a kid he's still only had a year or two in the seniors and is still developing.

He's came on a lot since he's been with us, that bit of clever play yesterday for the 4th would've never happened 2 year ago.

29 minutes ago, superlichtie87 said:

Of course he is young. He is 22. Still progressing in the team. He would do better if we had a youth team but we don't but I still think he has a lot to offer the club.

If we had a youth team he would be 2 years too old to play in it.

I would agree that he is at an age now when he needs to be playing football every week, and I don't think we can offer him that. He needs to be playing every week at a level that he will learn from; playing 90 minutes a week in the junior super league would help him a lot in my opinion.

I like having Kane as an option. However, I don't think he justifies being used more than once every few weeks depending on the situation and that would be from the bench and therefore being with us is in a way a hindrance to his development.

Kane is really nice guy and works his socks off, nobody is denying that but I think it's pretty obvious he isn't up to our level. I'm happy to have him in the squad but just as 4th choice. Wouldn't be surprised if he is off in January

If Hester wasn't local and signed from the Vics people would be much less inclined to defend him to the hilt.

I'm not defending him because of that and you know it, defending him because it's completely unfair what's being said

Like I said we won 4-0 yesterday against Montrose and it was a game he played really well in yet everyone's been on here moaning about Kane all day for some bizarre reason [emoji23]

I'm not defending him because of that and you know it, defending him because it's completely unfair what's being said

Like I said we won 4-0 yesterday against Montrose and it was a game he played really well in yet everyone's been on here moaning about Kane all day for some bizarre reason [emoji23]

It's not unfair tho

I'm not saying you are but there are definitely people who value Hester because he's a local boy, and are more determined that he will be a success regardless of his actual ability.

It's not unfair tho

You're blaming him for the Alloa goal [emoji23]

78 saying every touch he takes bounces off his shins

Played really well against Aberdeen and done a lot of good things yet his one poor pass gets brought up

It's completely unfair

You're blaming him for the Alloa goal [emoji23]

78 saying every touch he takes bounces off his shins

Played really well against Aberdeen and done a lot of good things yet his one poor pass gets brought up

It's completely unfair

If he had taken the ball under control and tried to run it into the corner, or at least held it up we would have won the game. I'm sure the majority of the supporters that were at the game would agree

If he had taken the ball under control and tried to run it into the corner, or at least held it up we would have won the game. I'm sure the majority of the supporters that were at the game would agree

He was surrounded by defenders in the middle of the park and had one guy running ahead of him he tried to play in, it was the only thing he could do and it was a difficult pass to make. He made a mess of it and it went to the keeper.

If we defended that long lump into the box better and ToB and Ricky Little never run into each other we would've won the game... the ball had to get the length of the field and past every single one of our players to get into the net. You can't blame the goal on Kane ffs.

surround by defenders he has doris screaming to play him in.doris went mental when kane fucked up then we lose our advantage .great play you cannot defend the indefensible thats the difference

Iv heard it on good authority that he got the full wrath from Dick in the dressing room.