The Arbroath Thread

Aye maroon clothing is perfect. Personally don't wear football tops unless I'm playing fives or doing sport.

For tomorrow what's everyone thinking?

Gomes

Gold
Little
ToB
Hammy

Yule
Whatley
McCord
Denholm
Linn

Doris

Genuinely think that team could do well against Hibs. Watched Hibs v Montrose and couldn't help but think that we'd be giving them a really good game if that was the team they had out against us.

Might put the full strength side out though considering they need to win both their games to get to last 16 basically.

Be amazing if we could pull off a result here but won't get my hopes up.

Solid back 4 and Yule and Whatley infront of it should make us tough to break down. Quality in the forward positions too. Looking forward to it.

If the club has shelled out thousands for Swanks then I'd guess come the league campaign he'd be regularly in the starting XI.

Only guessing here but maybe at the expense of Yule with McCord playing deeper. Having the armband seems to sometimes keep Whatley as a permanent in the side.

If the club has shelled out thousands for Swanks then I'd guess come the league campaign he'd be regularly in the starting XI.
Only guessing here but maybe at the expense of Yule with McCord playing deeper. Having the armband seems to sometimes keep Whatley as a permanent in the side.

Dropping Yule would be madness. Has started his Lichtie career impressively and has probably been our best player so far.

20 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Dropping Yule would be madness. Has started his Lichtie career impressively and has probably been our best player so far.

From the reports I've read I totally agree with you but if Swanks does take the number 10 shirt then I can't imagine Whatley & McCord missing from the starting lineup. Maybe DC can make me look a complete pudding with my theory.

Thought McCord was absolutely excellent Saturday by the way. If he kins he's got too work hard and play well to get into the 3 every week we might just enjoy some more performances like that. Left foot or right foot doesn't matter

BTW - quite impressed by Dick Campbell's post match interviews. A clever combination of diplomatic and honest. Great to hear the reasoned rants railing against the excessively early start to the competitive season.

On the matter of club colours, it doesn't HAVE to be a replica shirt. The club shop sells a range of stuff - hoodies, polo shirts, scarves, baseball hats, umbrellas

Thought we were a mess defensively tonight. 3 free headers is shite no matter who the opposition. Game also passed Yule tonight as well which is a little disappointing. Thought Doris played well but desperately needed someone to play off him, won his fair share of headers against Efe. Hutton impressed with some decent stops. Could play on Saturday as apparently Gomes has a concussion.

Hope my comments haven't depressed anyone

Thought we were a mess defensively tonight. 3 free headers is shite no matter who the opposition. Game also passed Yule tonight as well which is a little disappointing. Thought Doris played well but desperately needed someone to play off him, won his fair share of headers against Efe. Hutton impressed with some decent stops. Could play on Saturday as apparently Gomes has a concussion.

Hope my comments haven't depressed anyone

Seeing as it's clearly aimed at me, no, I've never moaned about anyone criticising performances, to be fair

And also 3 free headers and Murray also having a free volley at back post 8 yards out for the last one

Team will be a bit disappointed about it too I'm sure

Think it was always going to be a sore one last night, Hibs boys eager to impress and will always be sharper at this stage of season,  tough ask on our lot after a days work to expect to compete with that, Queens Park at home will give a better idea of how well we will do