The Arbroath Thread

You know it's pre-season when 'Kanemania' starts. I predict the following will happen on repeat until Kane leaves the club as a veteran 37 year old who is still described as a 'raw talent' who 'could come good' and 'has potential'.
Pre-season - Kane plays 3/4 pre-season games, gets a goal or two and looks promising. Fans believe he should get his chance this year and get more game time in competitive matches.
Late July/ August - Kane gets a small amount of game time during competitive matches, shows glimpses of what he can do, but overall is  not as good a player as others we have in his position.
Sometime during season - Kane is loaned out to another club in our league/ the league below after getting occaisional game time in which his flaws are  shown up. Kane gets 1/2 goals for team he is on loan at. Everytime one of our strikers doesn't score in a game, fans demand Kane comes back and starts ahead of him.
Post season - Fans discuss if Kane should be kept on due to his potential/ work rate/ raw talent etc. The fans are divided, but eventually Kane signs a new deal at the club and everyone hopes he can fufill his potential the following season.

All true. But he’s obviously quick though if he can do that to Premier League defenders. But can he hold the ball even a bit?

Explain [emoji6]

I was hoping for a bite from Overthehedge to be honest

And I’m sure I read on your thread that he’d turned down an offer from you because he was looking for better options.

So the sarcastic ‘take him, please’ wasn’t really warranted as he’d already turned you down. [emoji6]

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

I was hoping for a bite from Overthehedge to be honest

And I’m sure I read on your thread that he’d turned down an offer from you because he was looking for better options.

So the sarcastic ‘take him, please’ wasn’t really warranted as he’d already turned you down. emoji6.png

No i understand  he was looking for full time football, in my opinion he is a great wee player and I wish he was still at Brechin too good  to end up at Arbroath :whistle

No i understand  he was looking for full time football, in my opinion he is a great wee player and I wish he was still at Brechin too good  to end up at Arbroath :whistle

No idea if he’ll even come to us or if we’re really after him, he’s had a lot of interest by the look of it. Playing as a trialist and training for a good few teams.

Finn Graham done ok,  would like another look at him,  Dont see anything in any others including Fraser, Hopefully just making up numbers,  Hester done well and Linn had there full backs in knots,  Interesting to see ToB in Midfield, he looks like he will cruise it, 

Highlight off day was the near side linesman,  Absolute legend 

A slick win for the Lichties today. Plenty to admire in the game though Huntly offered little. I thought Graham was very promising and also liked the trialiist at RB. Leishman, I think? Pongo has slimmed down and played well. A good day in the sunshine!