The Arbroath Thread

Hi, Guys just wondering what the weather is like in Arbroath, raining here in the Capital but not really windy, if likewise at Gayfield then should not be too bad. Will not be in attendance so looking forward to watching it on T.V.

Chucking it down currently

Found the Q&A very insightful, especially liked when he was explaining about how we set up and try to play. 
On Kane, sad to see him yet again be put out on loan, DC obviously rates him to keep retaining him but I think we’re now at the stage where he needs to move on permanently in order to properly develop and get a run of games. Good luck to the lad.
Heard kane will be at links park tomorrow,just not with the Mo!

What an embarrassment, we looked like a team from the junior leagues. Shades of the 4-1 defeat from Spartans in the cup a few years ago.

Credit to Edinburgh City, they outplayed and at times outclassed us and fully deserved to win. They played out of defence whilst we stuck with the lump the ball up the park and hope an Arbroath player can chase it down. More worrying was how they just went through what was our first choice defence. They seemed faster and fitter than we did. Don't mind a defeat if we compete, but we were hardly a match for a team from a lower division.

What an embarrassment, we looked like a team from the junior leagues. Shades of the 4-1 defeat from Spartans in the cup a few years ago.
Credit to Edinburgh City, they outplayed and at times outclassed us and fully deserved to win. They played out of defence whilst we stuck with the lump the ball up the park and hope an Arbroath player can chase it down. More worrying was how they just went through what was our first choice defence. They seemed faster and fitter than we did. Don't mind a defeat if we compete, but we were hardly a match for a team from a lower division.

First choice defence, weren't great, but really weren't helped by the players infront of them, doesn't matter who you're playing having to mark 2 strikers, 2 wide men and having boys running right at you through the middle of the parks hard against anyone. ToB and Hammy both had very poor games

To-night in my opinion we were an embarrassment ,humiliated and outplayed, all credit to Edinburgh who were the better team , continue to play like we did to-night and we have no hope of being in the play-offs. The manager stated we have players who are unable to get into the first eleven that other teams would wish to have, well after to-nights display I would disagree as this was their opportunity to prove it, come the New Year and I would be thinking off of-loading a few.

I would like ask did we want to win or were we just going through the motions, our mid-field is generally non -existent in most games as we continually hoof the ball up the park, contrast that to Edinburgh City who controlled and played through the mid-field and caused us problems with their distribution and balls in behind the defence.

Yes I know many supporters will say we are presently top of the league but we have been there before and it is where we are at the end of the season that counts .

To-night in my opinion we were an embarrassment ,humiliated and outplayed, all credit to Edinburgh who were the better team , continue to play like we did to-night and we have no hope of being in the play-offs. The manager stated we have players who are unable to get into the first eleven that other teams would wish to have, well after to-nights display I would disagree as this was their opportunity to prove it, come the New Year and I would be thinking off of-loading a few.
I would like ask did we want to win or were we just going through the motions, our mid-field is generally non -existent in most games as we continually hoof the ball up the park, contrast that to Edinburgh City who controlled and played through the mid-field and caused us problems with their distribution and balls in behind the defence.
Yes I know many supporters will say we are presently top of the league but we have been there before and it is where we are at the end of the season that counts .

Played how many games before tonight? Be better off basing us off of that instead of a one off weakened team in the challenge cup

Couldn't care less how we played, if we are direct or if we're not, scored a lot of goals, sure were in the top 3 for the whole country and been entertaining to watch too

A lot of criticism for Whatley this season but tonight we really missed someone like him in the middle of the park. Better to just write it off as a bad night and move on to the next game

Good chance of making it 10 unbeaten in the league

I really dont blame dick for last night, he always said he’d play his subs in this competition and unfortunately they showed why they r subs. We are top of the league and im happy to forget last night and move on

And yeah wtf were the stewards and tannoy announcements all about, he’s not a suspected peodo he’s been convicted. Disgusting excuse of a human being

Was listening to Danny Denholm on the Terrace Football Podcast a few weeks ago.

He explained how he has found it hard to get into the team this season. Also his thoughts on this competition, along a majority of the players he knows, cant really arsed with it nowadays. Was probably more aimed at the possibility of facing colts. Even the management dont take it serious if they are putting out a weakened team.

He spoke about how McCord hasnt really featured much this year. He puts some of it down to the formation. Have him in the middle with 2 others who can do the running and he will be fantastic. Play him in a middle 2 and ask him to run around and track back then he will struggle big time.

Well, that was embarrassing. It answered a few questions though. Do we have the great strength in depth I and others though? No. Should Graham be in the team for Whatley? No. How long will our unbeaten run last? 13 games. How good are our defence? Not impressive when faced with some good forwards. Are we as good as I thought we were? No. Will we win our league? Unlikely. Will Edinburgh City win their league and be playing us next year? Probably. Where do we need reinforcements? Central midfield. Is Doris going to explode back into the team? No, it’ll take a while. Can we continue to play 442/424? Maybe need another body in midfield so 433 - and Bobby is our only in form winger anyway.