All things Dundee FC

What like was Alex Rae when he was in chage of Dundee?

I know he assisted McLeish in Belgium too.

He's the bookies favourite for our job just now, first impresssion after hearing him on Clyde 1 for the last while is he's your typical Ex Old Firm simpleton who doesn't really have a clue about other teams in Scotland.

Would crack a few skulls together though, i'll give him that.

Edited by sergie's no1 fan

What like was Alex Rae when he was in chage of Dundee?

I know he assisted McLeish in Belgium too.

He's the bookies favourite for our job just now, first impresssion after hearing him on Clyde 1 for the last while is he's your typical Ex Old Firm simpleton who doesn't really have a clue about other teams in Scotland.

Would crack a few skulls together though, i'll give him that.

He's a raging alchy lunatic who failed to make Dundee remotely successful even when we had Kevin McDonald.

Have fun with that.

He's a raging alchy lunatic who failed to make Dundee remotely successful even when we had Kevin McDonald.

Have fun with that.

I think that's a wee bit harsh. Hamilton at that time had McArthur and McCarthy coming through and then a very good midfielder in Alex Neil to take the pressure off of both of them. In most seasons, I genuinely think we would have went up and you could see that when we did face top flight opposition (Motherwell and Celtic), we competed pretty well and were generally pretty sensible tactically.

He made many mistakes but he had a very hard job to do. We lost McDonald, Robertson, Lyle, Dixon, Palenik and Swankie in the summer and his replacements were just not able to cut it. Gilhaney, Young, Paton, McKeown, Cameron and Lauchlan were brought in and just couldn't contribute the same. McKeown and Lauchlan spent a long period out injured before we got some use out of them. Cameron and Young were just never fit. Gilhaney was just not at the level we were aiming for.

It was a long time ago and it's difficult to really gauge how he personally impacted our fortunes. I'd say he did a few good things but lacked composure when rushing into important signings and also had a habit of pissing people off which probably accelerated the mass exodus.

He's not managed for a while so it's hard to say how much he's changed. Not very likeable but maybe that's what St Mirren need right now.

Cheers. Sounds like it wouldn't be dull anyway!

I think we are needing someone with at least 10 years managing experience, we are heading like the titanic just now and every decision the board make seems to be the wrong one. Can't see what Alex Rae would bring to the job that someone like Jimmy Calderwood wouldn't.

Hartley 16-1 next spl manager to leave post. Views?

Where are you seeing those odds? I dont want him to go, but we've not really got a clue how Nelms etc will react if things don't get better

ETA: Betvictor ^_^

Edited by kerrdee1893