All things Dundee FC

Other than groin strains and a burst cheek, I've avoided any injuries although I've been lucky not to play against any out of control players using excessive force.

More so the players who smash a players knee on the follow through when the defender has very successfully already gotten the ball... haha

I twisted my knee badly at School and it has never been the same, still managed to play amateurs for a good 12 years but as the years went on it just got worse and had to wear a knee support for most of my playing years.

The damp weather is a c**t as my knee swells and stiffens up.

Had a scan on it and the doc said they cant find anything wrong, its just pain I have to deal with.

Made me look like a right faker! c**t!

Is there any Dundee fan on here who can still play football without having had a serious injury?

Nope. Knee cartlidge fucked, broken foot and dislocated shoulder which was sore as f**k by the way. Played the game with excessive force when it was a real man's game. Off the ground, two footed challenges unlike our Jazza.

Wighton was very very dissapointing, just didnt work out.

I didnt expect to see an amazing player every week, but what you expect are flashes of great play - we didnt see any of that. He was played in multiple positions with multiple styles of football and just didnt cut it. We have had guys like Goodwillie, Templeton, Russell on loan before and all offered far far more.

Good luck to the guy, he might well make it. Just didnt work out.

I'll trust Hartley on this one, but anytime I saw him he looked good, and I think we've been crying out for a player like this recently.

I think Calder had flashes of quality, but it was usually as a subby that he had an impact rather than at a sustained level when he got a full run out. To be fair to Calder I'm not sure that he is the right type of player for the narrow Hartley system where the full backs supply the width. I don't think that Hartley was going to change his system for one guy.

From my point of view Hartley is not favourable to the pacy winger approach - it worked in the draw against Celtic early last season, when both Boyle and Roberts tormented Celtic on our right flank. The letting go of Boyle, ok he should have scored many more goals, was for me indicative that Hartley prefers not to use classic wing play and as a result Calder was not exactly the round peg required for the round hole.

Like you Biggie, I'd like a wee bit more of this type of approach instead of our relatively uninspiring attacking tactics.

I think Calder had flashes of quality, but it was usually as a subby that he had an impact rather than at a sustained level when he got a full run out. To be fair to Calder I'm not sure that he is the right type of player for the narrow Hartley system where the full backs supply the width. I don't think that Hartley was going to change his system for one guy.

From my point of view Hartley is not favourable to the pacy winger approach - it worked in the draw against Celtic early last season, when both Boyle and Roberts tormented Celtic on our right flank. The letting go of Boyle, ok he should have scored many more goals, was for me indicative that Hartley prefers not to use classic wing play and as a result Calder was not exactly the round peg required for the round hole.

Like you Biggie, I'd like a wee bit more of this type of approach instead of our relatively uninspiring attacking tactics.

Yeah, you can't beat a winger skinning full backs, and punting crosses in, I miss it. :(