All things Dundee FC

Anyone judging Ross by his defensive midfield displays are thick.

Anyone judging Low by his wing attributes are dumb.

Thank you.

Somebody deciding to play 2 players out of position because they couldn't build a balanced squad, are they also thick/dumb?

Ross should be putting challenges in and actually attempting to win headers wherever he plays. Being an absolute shitehouse and disappearing is what he is rightly being pulled up for.

If you try hard yet have a bad game - it can be forgiven.

If you shitebag it consistently and have a bad game - you'll get slaughtered.

He was poor against United, but at least he tried. Whilst at least trying he started the Demel heads gone AND got himself the winning goal.

Goes missing far too often.

FWIW I think Holt is raw but will come good.

He's taken over Hemmings boo boy target status though and needs to shake it. I also said Hemmings was doing away fine at the time and a few were rabid about how shite he was - don't hear much about tha these days though :P

Edited by Deefiant

What are Ross, Low and Holts deficiencies?

Ross is too lightweight and doesnt seem to create anything.

Low runs alot with very little end product, his passing is also poor.

Holt gets caught out to much and I feel Kerr improves that position when he comes on.

I think Holt will come good. We paid a fair amount for him by our standards, so I dont think we have much choice but to persist with him. His form is much better than at the start of the season ,hes still dodgy , but hes only 21 or 22. A young player who should get better.

Ross is too lightweight for the holding role, correct. That's why Hartleys decision to play him there is silly and why the balance of the team needs to improve. In the system Hartley deploys Ross isn't there to create. He's there to break up play and move it onto Harkins, Stewart, Hemmings and what should be a natural wide man on the left who would all be expected to be the flair players as such. He isn't suited to doing this though, so it's harsh to blame him for the failings.

Kerr has played 15 minutes at Aberdeen in the left back role, so how you could come to a conclusion is beyond me. He punted the ball out three times at Aberdeen in situations where a bit of composure would have led to an easy pas, and left Rooney free at the back post where a sitter was missed. Holt has been a victim of the narrow formation and has been exposed repeatedly. He's improved a bit since Low has been played in a wide role, and will probably come to fruition next season.

FTA.

What Im reading from your evaluation is that they are playing shite but its not their fault, just wait until they get better?

Explain.

Not fast enough, doesn't have any sort of vision, can you imagine him cutting inside with his bambi on ice dribbling? Fucking hell man. A winger has to be able to do more than put in the odd occasional decent cross (which he doesn't do all that regularly). He's tall, I'll give him that much, but he still gets nudged off the ball quite easily because he has atrocious balance.

Seriously, what has anyone seen in Holt to suggest he should play wide midfield? Baffling stuff. I don't think we have any players really capable of playing wide left and that comes down to Hartley. Although you would think a straight swap between Ross and Low would make sense for both players

Holt is just like Fozzy. Not quite as good but maybe could be - he's certainly better than Dyer and Irvine.

I'm struggling to think of a LB in the league I'd replace him with apart from Shinnie which, quite frankly isn't realistic and maybe Brian Easton. That's not to say that Holt is great, it's just a problem position for most clubs.

Hemmings boo boys were on forums as well as the Derry - I can't remember if it was a thing on here or not but Mad and the Dark Blues certainly had it.