All things Dundee FC

If we're beginning to look at PCA, I imagine Hartley will just be starting the process of renewing contracts as well. Players deals that are up in the summer:

#19: Paul McGinn (24) - May 2016

#26: Kostadin Gadzhalov (25) - May 2016

#18: Paul McGowan (27) - May 2016

#29: Gary Harkins (30) - May 2016

#4: Thomas Konrad (25) - May 2016

#30 Cammy Kerr (19) - May 2016

#21 Darren O'Dea (28) - May 2016

(Obviously Arturo is too, but he's only on loan so not included him.)

(Ages as at 31/5/15).

I'd like to see all of them receive a new contract, except Gadzhalov who I don't think is good enough, even as back-up. I know some might be a bit more ruthless and cut the likes of Konrad, but he's good, decent back-up if not a starter. Based on what I've seen - and it's far from enough to judge properly - but I wouldn't be against O'Dea moving on either, I didn't rate him at Celtic and I was extremely unconvinced when I saw him against Motherwell for us, but as I say, it's impossible to judge a player on one game.

I'd go with that. I'd give Harkins a longer contract personally (I don't expect us to though) as it's not out of the question that a another club would take a desperate punt on him, giving him more money than he earns here. And right now, with Thomson gone - Harkins is probably our most important player in the squad. Without him, we have no link-up between the midfield and Hemmings. (Stewart just does his own thing).

#19: Paul McGinn (24) - May 2016- keep 2 years

#26: Kostadin Gadzhalov (25) - May 2016- let go

#18: Paul McGowan (27) - May 2016-keep 2 years

#29: Gary Harkins (30) - May 2016-keep 2 years

#4: Thomas Konrad (25) - May 2016-keep one year

#30 Cammy Kerr (19) - May 2016- keep 3 years

#21 Darren O'Dea (28) - May 2016-undecided

The manager did indicate that he was hoping not to have such a large turn over of players this close season so on that basis I'd expect most of the guys who's contracts are up to be offered new deals. However from what a club official tells me there is very little chance of O'Dea staying. That doesn't disappoint me in all honesty.

#19: Paul McGinn (24) - May 2016- keep 2 years

#26: Kostadin Gadzhalov (25) - May 2016- let go

#18: Paul McGowan (27) - May 2016-keep 2 years

#29: Gary Harkins (30) - May 2016-keep 2 years

#4: Thomas Konrad (25) - May 2016-keep one year

#30 Cammy Kerr (19) - May 2016- keep 3 years

#21 Darren O'Dea (28) - May 2016-undecided

Agree with most of the above but

#29: Gary Harkins (30) - May 2016- probably offer 1 year, if not happy with that let go.

#21 Darren O'Dea (28) - May 2016- keep 2 years but he doesn't stay at clubs for too long so if he only wants a year then give him that.

Biggest concern for me is not having Cammy on a deal just now, hopefully the powers at be are currently addressing this.

So with two of the mythical 'four' that we're after on PCA's being revealed as James Vincent and Danny Williams - any speculation on the other two?

Abdul Osman has been touted, as has Daniel Devine who's also at Caley. Is it necessarily someone in the top flight? For all we know one of those could be Arturo as he's only on loan at the moment. As much as we want our defence fixed - we only currently have 4 natural midfielders of which only 2 are tied down for next season (Not including youth).