All things Dundee FC

What's he said?

Am I to infer that he'll almost certainly be away in the summer?

He effectively said he's well aware of interest and is unable to guarantee he'll be able to keep him. He did say he was keen to get his deal extended, though aren't we all?...

We need to try and get him to sign a 1 year extension and assure him any reasonable offers (probably an agreed figure lower than we'd like but realistic) will be accepted.

Banking on his loyalty. I'd rather sell him now than lose him in a PCA to Rangers/Celtic/Aberdeen/English nobodies next January tbh.

Surely for the platform we have gave him for his career the least he can do is sign say a 2 year deal and allow is to get good cash for him. We all know him, Bain and Hemmings will all leave soon so its all about cashing in as much as possible.

St Mirren manager Alex Rae says Dundee made a "derogatory" bid for their 20-year-old midfielder Stevie Mallan.

"As far as I'm led to believe, it has been knocked back," Rae said of the interest in the product of the Paisley club's youth structure.

"We felt it was a bit derogatory from Dundee and it would take a lot more money than that.

"It's just been knocked out the park really. I'm led to believe it is done and dusted as far as we are concerned."

PH done a great job again this season

Not yet he hasn't. 

Big game on saturday then an opportunity in the split to really make something of this season, after the cup disappointments.

Tell you what, if we turned the many draws we've had this season into wins, we'd be bothering Hearts to 3rd place.

Ach well, pending a win against Hamilton I'd say Hartley has done another good job this season. Excited to see what the squad will look like next season.

Saturday is looking like the most exciting last pre-split games for a while. Almost everybody has something to play for. Crazy that Motherwell are sitting 4th but if them and St J lose and us and Partick win then they'll be bottom 6. Same scenario for a few clubs. Id be pretty sick to finish bottom 6 being only 3 points off 4th with a superior goal difference too. Hopefully we get things done on Saturday though, don't really give a f**k what happens to anyone else as long as we get top 6.

Has Kerr even ever played in a back 4?

Holt was decent enough, I wouldn't say he had a great game. Roberts seemed to be causing a lot of problems down their right, looks a good wee player.

I'm sure Kerr has featured in a 4 at some point - I'm more speculating with him tbh. He isn't great positionally yet and that could cause problems in a back 4. In the 5 he has good cover and a license to get forward, which he does well.

Same for Holt - often caught and exposed in a 4 - good cover and license to roam in a 5.