All things Dundee FC

Punt is the word.

He's had one decent season in a full-time team that dominated a mediocre part-time league. A couple of poor seasons before that until Johnston splashed some cash and brought some Championship standard players into league 1

Would be a different story at Dundee.

Hemmings and Stewart always scored goals together in teams that weren't great. You want to bet Dundee's season on him replacing that partnership?

Pars fans incoming to tell you how great he is and that he scored against premier opposition last season.

As I've said elsewhere replacing Stewart is more of an issue.

Hemmings season was an outlier. Nobody usually scores so many goals in a relatively weak team.

Elbak would be worth a punt if we can get him within our budget.

In saying that if I'd had a choice I'd've had Ziggy Gordon ahead of him. If our defence is better we won't need to rely on someone banging in so many goals!!

I have faith in Dundee's numerous ex-ICT reserve players. They will get you out of this rut.

Nick Ross has actually been a really good signing and Danny Williams also has the potential to be a good signing on the glimpses I've seen so far.

If we are wanting to find that gem from lower leagues again, I think we should look at the likes of Rory Mcallister. 104 goals in 163 games for Peterhead. Could be worth a punt?

Maybe 4-5 years ago. Apart from anything he's got a great job and doesn't want to give up the semi full time football lifestyle he's got.

4 minutes ago, Deeboy said:

He works for a Dundee company who were advertising for price work plumbers today. £600-£1000 a job. Plus his supposed inflated wage from Peterhead. It's a lot to give up at his age. 

Aye but he would clearly be on 15k a week with us. (Thats the whispers from Perth)

I'm also not sure Hemmings had so much pull that he was able to make the clause that low. He ended up at Dundee because he was released and spent the season at Cowdenbeath. He'd have taken a pay cut anywhere he went. Dundee took a chance on him. He simply didn't have that much leverage. Or at least, shouldn't have had it.

Just catching up on the thread now, so don't know if this has been replied to, but that's not the case. He came to us direct from Barnsley, he was at Cowden the season before. He wasn't officially released, but was free to move on and other English clubs were floating about at that point (And I'd assume some Scottish ones too).

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Just catching up on the thread now, so don't know if this has been replied to, but that's not the case. He came to us direct from Barnsley, he was at Cowden the season before. He wasn't officially released, but was free to move on and other English clubs were floating about at that point (And I'd assume some Scottish ones too).

Should probably read the thread then, where you'll see quotes from Barnsley talking about releasing him.