All things Dundee FC

9 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

I reckon Haber will start against Motherwell with Moussa dropped.

Now that it’s getting a bit colder McCann can maybe defend the wearing of gloves.  Back to Moussa come April mind!

I don't care if Haber goes full fashion mode. He can wear gloves, a backwards hat, and a pair of ripped jean shorts with a black turtleneck (with a DFC badge ironed on of course) if he accomplishes more than Moussa!

Whichever team lines up I just hope they do some business, and now that Moussa has been thoroughly rubbished by most of the Dee support we can probably cue up the Moussa hat-rick.  I will be glad to have my puss shut if that is the case.

I've been thinking over the last couple of days (dangerous) and it seems absolute madness to me that the club didn't put together a package for tonight's game v Motherwell and Saturdays game v Hamilton. 2 home games in a short space of time, both of which don't usually attract big crowds.

Don't get me wrong, the board have done a lot of excellent things since coming in and have backed the managers well - it's just really disappointing that they don't seem to understand how to get arses on seats. £30 for adults and £10 for kidsfor the two games would have been ideal. Unfortunately it's around £50 and I doubt any non season ticket holder will attend both.

Disappointing.

We could be fcked.

We have played every team once now, so the positive people cant say its a bad run of fixtures. Its a results based business, and it doesnt matter if we create dozens of chances, but struggle to score, we cant keep a clean sheet either. Its pretty dismal stuff.

Moussa and Deacon are utterly useless, Haber and El Bakh not good enough either, I just cant see where the goals are coming from.

Kamara and Hendry are good signings, Spence looks decent, the rest are dubious at best.

So here's my thoughts on the game tonight.

Firstly, Bain has well and truly kept us in that game. Some brilliant saves, he's clearly first choice and although he makes mistakes, calls for him to be dropped for someone completely untried as unjust. 

Secondly, hopefully tonight make people realise why Haber hasn't been, and shouldn't be, starting games. His movement in the second half was utterly appalling. He must be a dream to mark for any semi competent defender.

Thirdly, I've been saying it all season but O'Dea is done. He's a complete bomb scare and gives away needless fouls and bookings time after time - we were so much more composed without him on the park.

Now on to the game. I thought Dundee were bullied for the first 20minutes of the game, Motherwell are big, physical and play completely eye bleeding football - but it was effective for the first 20minutes. After that the game settled down and really petered out into nothingness, will be interested to see Moussa's disallowed goal again as from the Bobby Cox there didn't look too much wrong with it. 

I thought Moussa put himself about well and at least puts in a shift. His chance in the first half looked like a good one, but again i'd need to see it again. One thing i'd say is that at least he gets himself into positions to score - Haber doesn't do anything of the sort.

Deacon had his worst game I've seen this season. 

Spence puts in a shift but technically isn't great.

Thought the defence was pretty settled once captain stupid went off, and looked a lot more in control. 

Curran is great going forward, but was rinsed numerous times by their left winger. A combination of him and Kerr would be a right footed Tierney but unfortunately they both have limitations. 

Kamara is just a class act we should enjoy him while he's here as he'll be off ski in the summer. 

I thought the game changed when AJLS and McGowan came on and both, to me, have shown they are starters. Although I actually agree with dropping AJLS as I've said earlier. 

It's a poor result against a team who are now third in the league - which speaks volumes for the standard of football as they were horrific. Saturday now becomes a must win game. 

For me the best team is now, with Allan out:

Bain

Curran/Kerr

Meekings

Hendry

Waddell

McGowan

Kamara

Spence

AJLS

Moussa

Eight points from a possible thirty three is fucking woeful.... getting déjà vu, young manager, stubborn in so much as sticking with the same system and guys that clearly aren't good enough....trying to play football, which in itself is commendable, but this is the spl and he's watched enough of it to know that teams of our stature have to battle for everything, be physical, be strong, keep it basic and simple! Thinking we'll give someone a 'doing'.....yeah maybe when the pressure's off and we're already relegated. Keep this up and we'll be fucked by Xmas and McCann will be back in the sky sports studio covering the new year old firm match

I still think we'll be safe come the end of the season but I'm disappointed that we're not a lot higher up the table. O'Dea and Moussa need to get in the Tay right fucking now. If either of those two are on the park on Saturday I'll go on and drag them both off my fucking self.

Darren O'Dea is the most immature and petulant captain I have ever seen in my life.

McCann needs time, you can tell he has some great ideas and is a class above Hartley. Hartley wanted to play out from the back but had no idea how to implement it. Tonight's tactics were a clusterfuck but he's still raw.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That should be the last time Moussa kicks a ball for us tonight. Utterly inept.

Sorry but he was far superior to Haber tonight. I can't see how anyone who was at the game could see otherwise. Not wanting to start an argument or anything but Haber literally walked around the park for 90minutes and won the grand total of 3 headers all night showing zero interest. 

Granted Moussa isn't exatly Zlatan but he offers more than Haber, IMO.

Sorry but he was far superior to Haber tonight. I can't see how anyone who was at the game could see otherwise. Not wanting to start an argument or anything but Haber literally walked around the park for 90minutes and won the grand total of 3 headers all night showing zero interest. 
Granted Moussa isn't exatly Zlatan but he offers more than Haber, IMO.

I can't agree with that. Thought Haber was pretty decent aerially tonight. Piss poor like the rest, but offers something that Moussa doesn't. Haber and Ajls is the only partnership that looks like it could work but we've not got an ounce of attacking threat.

For all the good players McCann has supposedly brought in, this is going exactly like last season. Tonight we even adopted the narrow formation of last season. We still get bullied. We still can't keep clean sheets and we still can't score.

With O'Dea off and Waddell on we had a clean sheet and had a dubious decision against a goal - does anyone know why it was chalked off? From the time McGowan was on we were the better team. I'm not too doom and gloom yet but McCann needs to see the obvious 

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

McCann needs time, you can tell he has some great ideas and is a class above Hartley. Hartley wanted to play out from the back but had no idea how to implement it. Tonight's tactics were a clusterfuck but he's still raw.

I'm not trying to pick an argument but where are you getting this notion that he has great ideas? I absolutely feel that he's assembled a better team than Hartley last year - Hendry and Kamara are gems - but he's implementing his team bizarrely and IMO there's no danger a competent manager would have us where we are points wise - because they wouldn't have played the likes of Moussa for however many games and wouldn't have made some of his bizarre substitutions. 

I like Neil, I really hope he does well for us, but IMO I'm now watching a team who're capable of performing well at this label being held back by a manager who's winging it.

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Hartley had us in top 6 with his own players.
Mccann has brought his own players in and we are gonna be fighting for relegation.
However I don't wanna speak about the past, what's the point ?

Moussa and O'dea need to gtf.
Playing Haber and Moussa together was a test that failed.

Hamilton is a must win. McGowan who I don't rate needs to start. He adds fight and right now we have none of that. McGowan gives that as a headless chicken .

Hit the nail on the head G Man.... McGowan needs to start!! That gives me the fear as I've never really rated him either but kinda shows how much we're struggling