All things Dundee FC

Fwiw I'd be happy with this if I believed we'd also sign someone who actually creates chances or that our manager has enough tactical nous to play us in a formation that allows us to do so.

I don't believe either of these things, though. And no amount of penalty box strikers are going to be of any benefit to us if we're too clueless to actually work chances into the box.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Miller is exactly the type of player that will tell McCann  a few home truths about the way McCann has been running this show recently.

And then get dropped for it?

I’m totally undecided on this signing. His experience will be good for the youngsters if used properly. He’s a proven winner and can play anywhere across the front who still has a bit of pace.

But he also has a recent history of falling out with managers, his wife can’t keep her trap shut in the media, he had a worse scoring record than all of our strikers last season and is old enough to be half of their dads.

We will see.

7 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Fwiw I'd be happy with this if I believed we'd also sign someone who actually creates chances or that our manager has enough tactical nous to play us in a formation that allows us to do so.

I don't believe either of these things, though. And no amount of penalty box strikers are going to be of any benefit to us if we're too clueless to actually work chances into the box.

He'll play closer to Jack Hamilton's goal than the oppositions the way he's played the last few seasons. 

I'm willing to be proved well and truly wrong on this one and would encourage Miller to do so but quite frankly I think it's a disgraceful piece of business. 

Hahahahahahaha

He's absolutely done as a player, but he's wanting to play until he's 45 mind you. 

He'll demand 90 mins every game despite being done after 30. He has no pace and will constantly drop deep, into defensive midfield areas just to ping a ball up the park to where he's meant to be. He likes a moan at his team mates as well.

Sad to say but you lot are going down. He scored 5 goals last season. That's likely gonna be worse this season.

Edited by ATLIS

17 minutes ago, srw said:

And then get dropped for it?

Surely, deep down,  McCann knows he’s making a right hash of it and will accept an extremely experienced player’s opinion.  McCann can’t be that arrogant / deluded / ignorant / stubborn *

* delete as appropriate 

6 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Hahahahahahaha

He's absolutely done as a player, but he's wanting to play until he's 45 mind you. 

He'll demand 90 mins every game despite being done after 30. He has no pace and will constantly drop deep, into defensive midfield areas just to ping a ball up the park to where he's meant to be. He likes a moan at his team mates as well.

Sad to say but you lot are going down. He scored 5 goals last season. That's likely gonna be worse this season.

Bookmarked. Thank you.

Fucking hell - the Sun have come closest to being ITK with our signings but I hope they have got this one wrong...

He might be able to finish better than Moussa or Mendy but 2 years for a 39yr old that's struggled the last few seasons and comes with as much baggage is fucking batshit crazy.

34 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Good luck lads :lol::lol::lol:

10 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Hahahahahahaha

Great, that'll be his only 4 league goals this season coming against us then.

Nah I can't even joke about that, sorry Dees.