All things Dundee FC

Because our board know f**k all about football and are most interested in their stadium project. I full expect him to be given Rangers and Hibs and him to still be in the dugout when we're sitting on 0 points at the Hamilton game. 

Even if we pick up some points between then, we're never going to properly kick on and distance ourselves so it's always just delaying the inevitable. Experience is absolutely vital but they'll probably end up giving it to either Mcpake or Miller.

In all of this pish the concussion thing probably alarms me the most.

If it is the case that medical advice was ignored then was the players health at serious risk- if for example he’d got another significant head knock?

Saw Fraser Wishart sitting up at the back of the main stand, don’t know what his capacity is these days, but I imagine a match observer must have something to say about this.

2 minutes ago, Ylf said:

Bring in the big duff to work alongside McCann?

Bring in Duff to sort the strike force out. Despite being a defender, he's possibly the most attacking manager we've had in my lifetime (often to our detriment). What I'd give for some attacking flair right now.

1 hour ago, Louis Litt said:

Because our board know f**k all about football and are most interested in their stadium project. I full expect him to be given Rangers and Hibs and him to still be in the dugout when we're sitting on 0 points at the Hamilton game. 

You'll win that game either 1-0 or 2-1. 

Yesterday was atrocious, Motherwell will never have an easier away win.

Midfield was overrun and they all looked like they wanted rid of the ball as soon as they received it, no composure, class, width, until the sub from Celtic came on who looked like he has a decent left peg.

Defence....well, where to start... hardly surprising they look nervous wrecks when there's a natural midfield player at right back and a natural right back at left back! Players playing out of position breeds nervousness among others and it's only increased when the two central defenders are having constant bombscare moments!

Overall I'm beginning to question travelling up and paying £24 to watch that. McCann is clearly miles out his depth, he's desperate now and running out of ideas. Also contrary to others on here who have praised his recruitment, I'm baffled by much of it and a purely personal early assessment on a lot of these signings is that they're simply not good enough for this league! Outplayed by two championship teams, lost four straight league matches, probably reaffirms my assessment. Why not sign tried and tested players at this level, why try to be smart and clever looking to unearth that one gem from a mountain of pure shite? Keep it simple for f**k sake! Ultimately we're left with that dross now whatever happens to him but I can't help feeling he'll lose the dressing room with his erratic actions.

Who knows what the yanks think or know about football in this country but they need to seriously consider his position before it's too late

4 minutes ago, ravabelli said:

Also contrary to others on here who have praised his recruitment, I'm baffled by much of it and a purely personal early assessment on a lot of these signings is that they're simply not good enough for this league! Outplayed by two championship teams, lost four straight league matches, probably reaffirms my assessment.

I dont get it either, apart from Kamara and Hendry, theres no other successes, maybe pass marks for Madianga and Parish.

I dont get it either, apart from Kamara and Hendry, theres no other successes, maybe pass marks for Madianga and Parish.
It'll be determined over the course of the season but I genuinely think the squad is fine and would do OK under competent management.

Big strong defenders and a few midfield with some really good footballing ability. We shouldn't be where we are and I don't think it can be the case that every defensive player we sign just turns pish on arrival - it's something to do with how were prepared for games IMO.

Signing a player like Caulker and still leaking goals suggests that it's maybe not personnel.

The absolutely only thing that puts me against punting McCann is that the board might give the job - even just temporarily - to Miller. If we need to give it to a temp, I'd have O'Dea, McPake, Boyle, and fucking Geddes ahead of Miller.

The absolutely only thing that puts me against punting McCann is that the board might give the job - even just temporarily - to Miller. If we need to give it to a temp, I'd have O'Dea, McPake, Boyle, and fucking Geddes ahead of Miller.
New temp every week and we get an infinite new manager bounce.

8 minutes ago, harry94 said:

It'll be determined over the course of the season but I genuinely think the squad is fine and would do OK under competent management.

Big strong defenders and a few midfield with some really good footballing ability. We shouldn't be where we are and I don't think it can be the case that every defensive player we sign just turns pish on arrival - it's something to do with how were prepared for games IMO.

Signing a player like Caulker and still leaking goals suggests that it's maybe not personnel.

Fair comment.

Havent seen the three signed on Friday, so not including them, but I havent been impressed by any of this seasons recruits, apart from Madianga so far.

Caulker seemed to be everything from lapse and uninterested to excellent, quite often in the same few minutes, he must have issues. If we continue to play Meekings though...

5 minutes ago, srw said:

Fair comment.

Havent seen the three signed on Friday, so not including them, but I havent been impressed by any of this seasons recruits, apart from Madianga so far.

Caulker seemed to be everything from lapse and uninterested to excellent, quite often in the same few minutes, he must have issues. If we continue to play Meekings though...

I reckon Meekings can still be a quality CH for us. There's a reason he was widely considered one of the best CH's in the league at Inverness. He's absolutely not a ball playing CH though.

What a slap in the puss it is for O'Dea (past it or not) to struggle to even make the bench.

Speaking of slaps in the puss, Kerr and McGowan both on the pitch and Kenny Miller is handed the armband when Meekings goes off.