All things Dundee FC

I'll forget all about the debt then, they did us a favour.

I watched him play in Dingwall last Saturday at centreback and Tbf he’s turned into a steady player. I mean he never had any pace to lose so that’s not affected him. Still shudder at the thought of him and Sean Higgins starting for us in Turkey though.

That's a rather more honest and plausible viewpoint. But it doesn't absolve you of your culpability in what transpired.
i know you are just on an early morning fishing trip but ill bite. in what way are tge fans culpable for what happened? yes we bought Melvilles bollocks about him funding the side but we were completely unaware the bills werent being paid. if it wasnt for the fans actions after those culpable ran for the hills that list of creditors would have recieved nothing.

its like you coming in from work and finding out your wife, who you leave in charge of paying the bills with your salary, has been ignoring the bills and going out shopping. you are left to clear the debt shes ran up. its shit but you have to do it.

i feel for all the creditors but lets face it if the fans hadnt scrapped together all their personal money those creditors would have got nothing. the shite i bought at auctions, as did countless others, that i didnt need or really want! i spent £50 for cc33 signature. i already had it as does most of dundee!

9 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

i know you are just on an early morning fishing trip but ill bite. in what way are tge fans culpable for what happened? yes we bought Melvilles bollocks about him funding the side but we were completely unaware the bills werent being paid.

You're culpable because you let it happen. And this "we didn't know" schtick only goes so far. You're supposed to be adults, you're supposed to have at least a smidgen of intelligence, self-awareness and ability to analyse. Your club was spending a ton more than its peers. Didn't that give you pause for thought?

Edited by Tibbermoresaint
Typo again

13 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

You're culpable because you let it happen. And this "we didn't know" schtick only goes so far. You're supposed to be adults, you're supposed to have at least a smidgen of intelligence, self-awareness and ability to analyse. Your club was spending a ton more than its peers. Didn't that give you pause for thought?

Ok, I was culpable. What was I supposed to do as a 17 year old student at the time? Stage a coup? Launch a takeover bid? Stop supporting my club? Batter Jocky Scott? 

Ok, I was culpable. What was I supposed to do as a 17 year old student at the time? Stage a coup? Launch a takeover bid? Stop supporting my club? Batter Jocky Scott? 

Singlehandedly fund the club with your future earnings, obviously.

20 minutes ago, Crawford said:

@Tibbermoresaint @tree house tam @Widge @RandomGuy. 

Here is a link you chaps may be interested in. Mind you not as intesting as Dundee FC I am sure.

I could be a twat and highlight a few things, I'll not though. As I've said before, I take an interest in local teams. Let's just say we'll be here until we get our ten grands worth, this may take another few months but once you boys go down and the Dayglos reappear we'll stop. Out of sight out of mind and all that.

He was investigated but got off with it I think - apparently went to Dubai after he was declared bankrupt here to start over...
The Dubai company was opened in his wife's name which didn't end well since it got her arrested when it went tits up and he legged it without paying his bills. (according to the P&J article I found when I had a look earlier anyway)

Yeah, he stiffed one of my mates over here, never paid him for about 6 months. Kept promising him a share of the business etc, I warned my mate to steer well clear & even more so when shares of the business were getting mentioned. He didn’t listen to me on the first part but did on the second.

33 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Another one who did nothing.

I actually called St Johnstone FC when Melville took over and warned them not to let it get to the point that Dundee FC owe you money, as he is known for being a crook and wont pay his bills.

St Johnstone asked me who I was and how I knew this information.

I told them I was a Mystical Soothsayer and my Magical Future Predicting Owl told me.

They didnt listen.

I did try.

Blame yourselves.