All things Dundee FC

Cummings getting dropped to the bench because McPake played him as a winger on a Wednesday.

McGowan still in the line up, despite one of the slowest runners in the top flight (yes I know he has been a good servant to the club but let’s be truthful with ourselves).

Bobble-Boy (good name @Bigmouth Strikes Again) getting a start as a reward for being the least interested player on Wednesday night.

Yet another random line up by McPake as he simply hopes for a result.

Just now, Shadow Play said:

Cummings getting dropped to the bench because McPake played him as a winger on a Wednesday.

McGowan still in the line up, despite one of the slowest runners in the top flight (yes I know he has been a good servant to the club but let’s be truthful with ourselves).

Bobble-Boy (good name @Bigmouth Strikes Again) getting a start as a reward for being the least interested player on Wednesday night.

Yet another random line up by McPake as he simply hopes for a result.

Regardless of all the other nonsense, would it have not made more sense to put McGhee in at CH for Ashcroft rather than dropping him completely?

Griffiths deserves to be dropped but for McPake to make the decision on having 3 games in 7 days is pathetic.

I mentioned playing Cummings upfront midweek and bringing Griffiths back in today due to having 3 games in a week. Surely McPake could show a little foresight if I can.

Absolutely PATHETIC manager.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Regardless of all the other nonsense, would it have not made more sense to put McGhee in at CH for Ashcroft rather than dropping him completely?

100%.  I can’t get my head around the fact he praises Cummings as being a real goal threat after the Hearts game (which he is).  He then plays him out on the wing the next match and then drops him for this match.  I’m guessing he will bring Cummings on just as he takes off our wingers who could provide Cummings with the service.  

Absolutely detested the line up pre match but everything went to plan today and that's got to be a credit to McPake. 

Very difficult to get a reaction from a team like that on Wednesday and that's usually the beginning of the end for a club in the top flight. Once again McPake has defied the odds and churned out a result when we needed it most. Keeps us in the pack as I expect we will be pumped by Celtic next week so need to keep pushing away and getting points on the board.

Point off still for Sheridan's inclusion! 

As a rule we have looked best this season with 4-5-1  Always better when we put round pegs in round holes too. We still need better quality in some positions and the squad is still not balanced. With our budget we should still be doing better than we are and I don't think McPake is going to ever really get the team performing as it should. Happy to get the points today but that doesn't change my thoughts on getting rid sooner rather than later

3 minutes ago, DieDee said:

As a rule we have looked best this season with 4-5-1  Always better when we put round pegs in round holes too. We still need better quality in some positions and the squad is still not balanced. With our budget we should still be doing better than we are and I don't think McPake is going to ever really get the team performing as it should. Happy to get the points today but that doesn't change my thoughts on getting rid sooner rather than later

MCGowan played right up behind Sheridan in almost a 4 4 1 1 today. Adam pretty much played in a two which everyone says he can't.

That was the role McGowan excelled in whilst in Paisley. Pity it's taken us 6 years to play him there. 

McCowan and McMullen were absolutely brilliant today, they should start every single game - no more strikers out wide. Both of their work rate was tremendous and they followed the Middens fullbacks all day. 

Things haven't suddenly turned all rosy, but naturally 3 points brings a good mood tonight. Enjoy it fellow Dees, we deserve it tonight. 

Thank you. 

McCowan, McMullan and McGowan were our three best performers today.

McGowan was completely done as a footballer in my mind after Wednesday and now he produces a MotM performance.

Fucking mental.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

McGowan was completely done as a footballer in my mind after Wednesday and now he produces a MotM performance.

Fucking mental.

Just shows what's possible when you don't throw players out of position.

Thank you.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Fucking mental.

Come on Ludo, when are you gonna give Kerr some credit , he was immense today , easily MOTM, 

I thought lee mair was gonna cum in his pants enthusing about Cammy today , 

bit then you’re absolute hatred of the guy not allow you see how good he was today 

2 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

Come on Ludo, when are you gonna give Kerr some credit , he was immense today , easily MOTM, 

I thought lee mair was gonna cum in his pants enthusing about Cammy today , 

bit then you’re absolute hatred of the guy not allow you see how good he was today 

Kerr was very good today, but wasn't near the MotM contenders for me.

Lee Mair praising you also isn't necessarily anything to talk about. He talked utter nonsense for the majority.

Are you related to Cammy? Weird post to make tbh.

Dee fans, if you could take an embarrassing defeat one week and a scrappy hard fought win the next, would you take this throughout the season?

It seems the only way our team knows how to motivate it's self is to be completely under pressure after an utter shambles the week before.