All things Dundee FC

Without being too critical because we've had an excellent season overall, we've been nowhere near interested enough in the past 2 games which could have injected the club with absolute game changing money. Bit deflating the past two games.

...Still better to feel that sort of deflation than the type of deflation we are all used to at the end of a season!

On 08/05/2024 at 20:30, Derry Alli said:

I thought it was hilarious, still do tbf. Boys a big bit misguided but that's why the punters liked him. 

He must be a nightmare to be around 24/7. 

Would have him back.

Maybe now his nuts have dropped he might have mellowed out a bit?

30 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Without being too critical because we've had an excellent season overall, we've been nowhere near interested enough in the past 2 games which could have injected the club with absolute game changing money. Bit deflating the past two games.

...Still better to feel that sort of deflation than the type of deflation we are all used to at the end of a season!

Being realistic, even if they'd gone in all guns blazing and pipped St.Mirren, we'd likely be on the end of a pumping from some part-time Estonian side before the middle of July rather than raking it in from glamour group ties, so I can't say I'm all that bothered.

I said in here at the end of January that we'd already shat away our chance of Europe because of the number of chucked points from winning positions, and I haven't changed my view on that. Regardless of the shitty form over the last month, if we'd hung on to half of the points we've chucked we'd be fighting with Killie and St.Mirren would be an irrelevance. 

I think the pragmatic thing to do is just look at it as 6th place and an overwhelmingly successful season by start of season expectations, rather than scrutinising exactly how we got there or what else might or might not have happened. 

37 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Wouldn’t agree with that. Not saw today’s game but St Mirren played better than us last week, it happens. Nothing to do with attitude. 

Wouldn’t blame McCowan for leaving as he deserves much better than playing in a team that is lazy and doesn’t work hard. Astley decent.

Cameron is only good in certain games and isn’t good enough off the ball. 

From that starting 11 I’d only have 5 of them starting next season and the rest sell or make back up.

Just now, Dee Bliss said:

Wouldn’t agree with that. Not saw today’s game but St Mirren played better than us last week, it happens. Nothing to do with attitude. 

We were genuinely poor today. Wasn't like we were just strolling around at half-pace or anything, but Hearts never got out of 1st gear and easily rubbered us. We created nothing, looked shambolic at the back, and after every goal there was no shouting or pointing, and the ball was back on the centre spot within seconds. Just going through the motions and doing bare minimum really.

The fact that he stuck to the back 3 after last week's debacle is what pisses me off the most, without Shaughnessy we cannot play that system. Players miles away mentally and yet another opportunity missed. At least the arse collapse is happening now, but least last few performances have been pathetic.

Has there been conversations with the first team about who will be here next season and who won’t? Certainly looks like some players have downed tools.

2 hours ago, Dee Bliss said:

Yeah, they did but there's definitely a degree of downing tools in the last two games as well. We've not had neat the same intensity and made some really basic mistakes that a relegation battling Dundee side would have made.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Europe is just a step too far for us at the moment, and would f**k up league form next season. IMO.

Best to just reflect on the success of 6th.

Thank you.

Tbf, Europe will probably only mean 2 games and no League Cup group stage. 

I can't see that f'n up the team that finishes 5th season.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thought Astley did well today, one of the few plus points.

Haven’t seen any of it but I’m very pleased to hear that. 

Being realistic, even if they'd gone in all guns blazing and pipped St.Mirren, we'd likely be on the end of a pumping from some part-time Estonian side before the middle of July rather than raking it in from glamour group ties, so I can't say I'm all that bothered.

I'm having a wet dream about it!

Thank you.

Thought I'd pop my head in. Strong finish to the season. Well done.

Maybe better to finish in the bottom-6 and actually win a game after the split next year - makes you question what was the whole point of it all. Back to square one next season with your current loan army departing and the next bunch coming in.

Thank you.