All things Dundee FC

6 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

Absolutely no chance he’ll be at Rangers , he’s had an excellent season last season , but I feel some of our fans have gone well overboard with their praise of him , he’s a really good player but no where near a call up as some have suggested, and he’s not good enough for rangers or Celtic , to me he’s hearts or Aberdeen class or maybe championship in England 

He’s been the best player on the park in at least one of our games against them and there are far worse players than him capped. Personally if he goes to Aberdeen or Hearts I’ll be very disappointed. He’s a fantastic footballer. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

What a cowardly c**t.

It's a joke, remember when you could have a laugh on here? You've got serious over the past few weeks and it's weird.

I'd have been fine with us getting relegated as it would've almost guaranteed Levein was gone and a complete gutting of the squad.

44 minutes ago, K.T said:

A boycott would be class, imo. Get it up their chairman. 

Our chairman won't be our chairman the next time we meet.

57 minutes ago, K.T said:

A boycott would be class, imo. Get it up their chairman. 

It's an excellent idea, everyone should get on board with this, you'll get the hardcore that can't miss it, and that's fair enough. The players will understand, we are not tolerating this shite.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wee jeemie said:

Absolutely no chance he’ll be at Rangers , he’s had an excellent season last season , but I feel some of our fans have gone well overboard with their praise of him , he’s a really good player but no where near a call up as some have suggested, and he’s not good enough for rangers or Celtic , to me he’s hearts or Aberdeen class or maybe championship in England 

McCausland and Scott Wright are at Rangers.  McCowan would give way more to the team than either of them IMHO.

Edited by Shadow Play

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rangers aren't interested in McCowan.

Must honestly say if that were the case, I'd be at worst horrified at that news and at best incredibly surprised.

All due to the well documented fact Glasgow Rangers died, ie ceased to exist in 2012. Unfortunate for some, however fresh air to all other decent untainted residents of Scotland, myself included in that equation.

Regards

Edited by This Charming Man

9 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

McCausland and Scott Wright are at Rangers.  McCowan would give way more to the team than either of them IMHO.

Scott wright won’t be at rangers much longer , agree McCowan is just as good or better , but McCausland is gonna be a star for them and have a career at a much higher level than Luke will ever achieve 

56 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

Scott wright won’t be at rangers much longer , agree McCowan is just as good or better , but McCausland is gonna be a star for them and have a career at a much higher level than Luke will ever achieve 

I don’t agree with that at all. 

56 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

I’m just not seeing it with McCausland.  He’s a good player but I don’t see him moving on to better things.  Rangers definitely lack creativity and I think that is what has helped him stand out.  He’s still young though so I may well be proved wrong.

When watching the Scottish Cup final a few weeks ago I remarked it was telling that that Rangers turned to their subs Wright first of all and then McCausland to try and get something out the game.  I thought it just underlined the the lack of quality in the Rangers squad compared to the Celtic squad.  All just my opinion though.

4 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I’m just not seeing it with McCausland.  He’s a good player but I don’t see him moving on to better things.  Rangers definitely lack creativity and I think that is what has helped him stand out.  He’s still young though so I may well be proved wrong.

When watching the Scottish Cup final a few weeks ago I remarked it was telling that that Rangers turned to their subs Wright first of all and then McCausland to try and get something out the game.  I thought it just underlined the the lack of quality in the Rangers squad compared to the Celtic squad.  All just my opinion though.

This. I don't get it at all. 

The Perth can shove their away tickets next season for McDairmid after this begging bowl episode.  Not missing much anyway sitting in that soulless shitehole - i'll be purchasing an extra hospitality like Spuddy. 

It would be good if there could be a P&B shirt sponsor, however after that w****r Deefiant years ago i doubt people would be up for it now. 

As for The Rangers they stayed in 5 star accomodation in St Andrews and subsequently turned up at Dens and played with the passion and grit akin to the bunch of pampered fuds that they are. If the mighty Rangers are too high and mighty for a 2 hour bus journey on the day of match then they can deal with the failures of their own self importance instead of borrowing the begging bowl from Perth. 

Fannies the lot of them. 

Thank you.

52 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

The Perth can shove their away tickets next season for McDairmid after this begging bowl episode.  Not missing much anyway sitting in that soulless shitehole - i'll be purchasing an extra hospitality like Spuddy. 

It would be good if there could be a P&B shirt sponsor, however after that w****r Deefiant years ago i doubt people would be up for it now. 

As for The Rangers they stayed in 5 star accomodation in St Andrews and subsequently turned up at Dens and played with the passion and grit akin to the bunch of pampered fuds that they are. If the mighty Rangers are too high and mighty for a 2 hour bus journey on the day of match then they can deal with the failures of their own self importance instead of borrowing the begging bowl from Perth. 

Fannies the lot of them. 

Thank you.

Ranting much

Thank you (for the £15k)

download-1.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

What happened with Deefiant?

I'm struggling (this isn't a United fan having a go at Dundee) to see the argument of some Dundee fans blaming other clubs for their fines. 

The reason Dundee are receiving these fines has nothing to do with where The Rangers stay before games or how they choose to prepare for games and it isn't St.Johnstone's fault for having their stadium ready incase it was needed by Dundee. It is 100% down to decisions made by the people who run Dundee. 

They choose to not invest in the playing surface and it backfired. If they had done, there wouldn't be a discussion regarding fines 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

I'm struggling (this isn't a United fan having a go at Dundee) to see the argument of some Dundee fans blaming other clubs for their fines. 

The reason Dundee are receiving these fines has nothing to do with where The Rangers stay before games or how they choose to prepare for games and it isn't St.Johnstone's fault for having their stadium ready incase it was needed by Dundee. It is 100% down to decisions made by the people who run Dundee. 

They choose to not invest in the playing surface and it backfired. If they had done, there wouldn't be a discussion regarding fines 

I’ve no problem with the payment to Saints.  None of us really know what the preparation is that they needed to do but if they did have to do extra then they should be paid for it.

The Rangers claim is nonsense as it’s entirely up to them what they decide to do in the run up to a match.  They do that in the knowledge that any game may not go ahead.  They could justifiably claim for the fuel but to claim for hotel for a match 80 miles away is idiotic.

If they decided to stop en route for a Michelin starred pre match meal would we be liable for that too?

Edited by stu2910

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

I’ve no problem with the payment to Saints.  None of us really know what the preparation is that they needed to do but if they did have to do extra then they should be paid for it.

The Rangers claim is nonsense as it’s entirely up to them what they decide to do in the run up to a match.  They do that in the knowledge that any game may not go ahead.  They could justifiably claim for the fuel but to claim for hotel for a match 80 miles away is idiotic.

If they decided to stop en route for a Michelin starred pre match meal would we be liable for that too?

Is the claim made by the rangers for the second postponement only? 

If they are claiming for the 1st game then I'd agree with you they shouldn't get a penny, however, for it to happen twice personally, I'd be looking for compensation 

Edit - I would also add that again, it is up to each club what they do before a game and how much they spend no matter how far the game is.

If a club wants to have a Michelin star meal beforehand they do it not with the idea that the match will get postponed again and someone else will foot the bill

Edited by Glen Scotia
Adding

3 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

If they are claiming for the 1st game then I'd agree with you they shouldn't get a penny, however, for it to happen twice personally, I'd be looking for compensation 

That makes no sense, because there was nothing we could do between the first and second games.