All things Dundee FC

49 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What have I missed? What did St Johnstone do?

Agreed to make McDiarmid available to host Dundee v Rangers at short notice, agreed a minor fee with Dundee to ensure that could happen, then had to take legal action months later when Dundee still hadn't paid that fee.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Agreed to make McDiarmid available to host Dundee v Rangers at short notice, agreed a minor fee with Dundee to ensure that could happen, then had to take legal action months later when Dundee still hadn't paid that fee.

A minor fee!!!!! A minor fee? 15k to have a groundsman standing by his phone for 2 days in case he’s needed  , Minor fee just Feck right off then feck right off again , a grand would’ve more than covered 3 or 4 grass cutters overtime 

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

A minor fee!!!!! A minor fee? 15k to have a groundsman standing by his phone for 2 days in case he’s needed  , Minor fee just Feck right off then feck right off again , a grand would’ve more than covered 3 or 4 grass cutters overtime 

£15k was for the match to be played at McDiarmid, as far as I understand it.

If Dundee didn't want to agree to it they didn't have to.

Nor did they have to shake hands on it without agreeing a lower fee for if the game didn't go ahead.

I'm genuinely struggling to understand your utter headloss at St Johnstone over this. If anything it's your own club that's cost itself £15k here.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Of course they had to agree , St Johnstone and the SPL had Dundee over a barrel on this and could’ve charged anything , and if the match went ahead at your ground then fair enough pay up , but the thing is it didn’t and st Johnstone are getting 15k from Dundee for the square root of feck all , Dundee fans should definitely Boycott the first game at McDermott next season losing st Johnstone around 50k 

34 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

Of course they had to agree , St Johnstone and the SPL had Dundee over a barrel on this and could’ve charged anything.

There was a ground about 200 yards from Dens you couldve used, m8.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

£15k was for the match to be played at McDiarmid, as far as I understand

So if the game wasn't then played there, no fee?

1 hour ago, jakedee said:

So if the game wasn't then played there, no fee?

I think this is where the problems came from.

Dundee approach St Johnstone about using McDiarmid. St Johnstone say a fee of around £15k is needed to host a match, and it would need to be written into a contract. Dundee just assume not hosting the game there makes it free, and don't negotiate a lower price if the stadium isn't needed, and sign the contract.

Stadium isn't used so Dundee spend all the time inbetween not believing they owe Saints money.

Its pocket change to both clubs but it really boils down to Dundee being a bit slap dash about it all, when it could've easily been avoided. We've been a complete shambles behind the scenes too so theres every chance we've also missed the fact that was missed then realised we're owed money.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

There was a ground about 200 yards from Dens you couldve used, m8.

anigif_enhanced-10715-1402334391-9.gif.f07dceb11a5262db252b91d5abe9af83.gif

We all lost a 'once in a lifetime' comic genius 10 years ago tomorrow.

Remembering fondly Rik Mayall.

Regards 

1 hour ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Just let them have the 15k before they bore us all to death. Pocket change for top 6 powerhouses such as ourselves.

Thank you. 

I agree but good guys just say ‘hey it’s fine, we only spent a few hundred, forget about it but your owe us one’, wanks say ‘give us our fifteen grand’. It’s a long road without a turn and we’ll get our chance to dry ride them one day. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think this is where the problems came from.

Dundee approach St Johnstone about using McDiarmid. St Johnstone say a fee of around £15k is needed to host a match, and it would need to be written into a contract. Dundee just assume not hosting the game there makes it free, and don't negotiate a lower price if the stadium isn't needed, and sign the contract.

Stadium isn't used so Dundee spend all the time inbetween not believing they owe Saints money.

Its pocket change to both clubs but it really boils down to Dundee being a bit slap dash about it all, when it could've easily been avoided. We've been a complete shambles behind the scenes too so theres every chance we've also missed the fact that was missed then realised we're owed money.

Very Interesting. 

While 15k may be mad, if the top brass shook hands and renaged even if it’s the fermers that’s bad crack , we’ve already been tarnished from the first 2 admins(!thanks to folk us and still survived) , if shoe was on other foot we’d all be calling for stevie brown to pay up or asking for a random 3 points

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I wish a certain Perth individual would just f**k off and give it a rest, don't mind a bit of banter, but this never ending shite is terrible. IMO.

Thank you.

He keeps saying I've changed or that I now have something wrong with me because I've pointed out that his shite patter is hitting new lows.

Usually stick up for him because I don't mind the boring stuff - in fact, I find a lot of it quite interesting.

Badly let's himself down when he goes into troll mode because he's just shite at it.

4 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

While 15k may be mad, if the top brass shook hands and renaged even if it’s the fermers that’s bad crack , we’ve already been tarnished from the first 2 admins(!thanks to folk us and still survived) , if shoe was on other foot we’d all be calling for stevie brown to pay up or asking for a random 3 points

Almost certainly us, Saints and SPFL have been tinpot here. We agreed a fee for them to host the game, they didn't so no money due other than out-of-pocket expenses. We should have negotiated that and moved on a couple of grand light. To charge us the same as If we'd played there is B.S.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Badly let's himself down when he goes into troll mode because he's just shite at it.

It's as simple as when I'm under stress/pressure in "real life" I come on here and sort of let it out by being a dickhead. I'd rather do that on an anonymous football board and end up chilled around family than be a grumpy arsehole around them.

It's shite for folk reading it which I say to put me on ignore.

On a side note, what's happened to Derry Alli? Haven't seen him post for a while now.

Edited by RandomGuy.