All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Lanky Highlander said:

Would be very sad to see Murray go but understand that family comes first.

He's such a grafter, a cracking player.

We'll take good care of him. 

Thank you. 

17 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

Since this is the St Johnstone thread now, it’s worth pointing out that their superstar striker, the exotic Simon Murray up top, has the same goals to games ratio as Sofien Moussa.

Thank you

Since it looks like he's on his way, the Johnnies can get a 36 year old Moussa on a FREE to replace him. Bargain. 

On 08/06/2024 at 10:24, DA Baracus said:

Dundee should massively cut Sevco's ticket allocation for Dens next season.

I'd prefer to give them a ticket category all of their own.

Category F(uckwits) - £100 a game for the away side.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I'd prefer to give them a ticket category all of their own.

Category F(uckwits) - £100 a game for the away side.

I say every club should do this to the Bigot Brothers. 

This is definitely the worst summer for Dundee related interest during the football lull that I can ever remember.

Hartleys first transfer window was a personal favourite.

Will watch the Euro's but don't really give a shite about who wins or loses in any of the games. I'm not one of these fans who claim to hate England yet travel through to fund their league on a weekly basis or spend their spare time in Top 6 English club replicas. Embarassing. The rise in it all becoming political is alot of shite aswell. 

Anyway, even if McCracken is announced this week ( which will be a good signing) it's pretty much expected so still won't give major excitement.

Get a few Mexicans or something in FFS Dundee.

Thank You.

Ourselves and Livi are looking to take Ashcroft off your hands either on loan or permanently.

I’m guessing he’s still a fairly solid but standard Championship centre half?

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ourselves and Livi are looking to take Ashcroft off your hands either on loan or permanently.

He’s an excellent championship level player , I feel he’s lost a bit of pace , but he reads the game well and puts in a decent tackle, and a major plus he’s excellent up front for corners and free kicks , good header of a ball , he’s just not got the speed for the prem 

30 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He's an excellent aerial presence. One of the best in Scotland IMO. He's just not got the mobility to play anywhere near the top flight and can't handle anyone running at him. If you need a big brute to win your aerial battles and give 100% for the cause, he's your man, but too slow and zero mobility to play top flight football on a regular basis, unfortunately.

But he's the type that'll never let you down and you just know when/if he's at fault for something, he's the type of character that it would genuinely ruin his weekend which seems rarer in football than it used to be.

14 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

He’s an excellent championship level player , I feel he’s lost a bit of pace , but he reads the game well and puts in a decent tackle, and a major plus he’s excellent up front for corners and free kicks , good header of a ball , he’s just not got the speed for the prem 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's an excellent aerial presence. One of the best in Scotland IMO. He's just not got the mobility to play anywhere near the top flight and can't handle anyone running at him. If you need a big brute to win your aerial battles and give 100% for the cause, he's your man, but too slow and zero mobility to play top flight football on a regular basis, unfortunately.

But he's the type that'll never let you down and you just know when/if he's at fault for something, he's the type of character that it would genuinely ruin his weekend which seems rarer in football than it used to be.

Sounds like what we had with Jack Sanders in the second half of last season although by the end of the season he was doing a lot better and looking quite comfortable on the ball. 

Think we’re looking to offload Sean McGinty so Ashcroft can take over as the experienced head in defence alongside either George Stanger or Frankie Musonda (if he re-signs). 

We’re also in need of a full back so if Cammy Kerr is on the way out send him down our way. 

25 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Sounds like what we had with Jack Sanders in the second half of last season although by the end of the season he was doing a lot better and looking quite comfortable on the ball. 

Think we’re looking to offload Sean McGinty so Ashcroft can take over as the experienced head in defence alongside either George Stanger or Frankie Musonda (if he re-signs). 

We’re also in need of a full back so if Cammy Kerr is on the way out send him down our way. 

Cammys a proper marmite player up here , personally I like him and would be sorry to see him go he’s no Owen Beck , but he’s as good as any replacement we’ve had at right back , but I really think he will be away this season , so you might get him in 

50 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ashcroft is a useful championship centre back. 

You're welcome to Cammy Kerr. 

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ashcroft would do perfectly fine for you. No nonsense, defending first, hardly ever loses a battle in the air. Put a speedy striker on him and make him turn and he's in trouble. Still more than capable of doing a turn for a top end championship side. 

You're more than Welcome to Cammy. His relegation with Inverness was telling, he's league one at best. Bleeds dark blue so nothing personal against him, he's one of us, but he is just not up to it.

1 hour ago, Pens_Dark said:

Ashcroft would do perfectly fine for you. No nonsense, defending first, hardly ever loses a battle in the air. Put a speedy striker on him and make him turn and he's in trouble. Still more than capable of doing a turn for a top end championship side. 

You're more than Welcome to Cammy. His relegation with Inverness was telling, he's league one at best. Bleeds dark blue so nothing personal against him, he's one of us, but he is just not up to it.

It was telling what ? I’ll answer that for you , it tells you he joined a team doomed to be relegated long before he joined in January , why can’t people leave the poor guy alone , okay he’s not good enough to play for us now we are hopefully looking to challenge for top 6 most seasons now , but he’s far to good for league one , he’s a pretty good championship player , and I hope Raith or Dunfermline come in for him that’s his standard , certainly not Alloa or Stenny as you suggest in league 1