All things Dundee FC

I still think McCracken and Carson are as good as each other but Carson is the better shot stopper which made him standout against Rangers as the defence has been really poor. I reckon we will see both Carson and McCracken switch often throughout the season. I don’t think Koumeito mistake was as bad as Portales which wasn’t talked of much. 

The eleven players I think are deserving of a start is McCracken/Carson, McGhee, Portales, Robertson, Koumeito, Mulligan, Braybrooke, Sylla, Fraser, Tiffoney and Murray

I don’t know what the formation would be but you can make something work with it if using the right tactics.

The team could maybe look like this. Tiffoney showing wide which his strength and McGhee can also be a threat at the back post. A unit of defenders to allow the forward players to create whilst having cover. It could also look like a 3-5-2. We’ve got great options of the bench too. We’ve got good players but Docherty needs to find a way to get the best out of them.

I hope Sylla is better soon as he is very important to us. If he is out long term then we should look to get someone in on a free. Gorrin is still without a club and there’s many more available that I don’t know of and some unrealistic like Iniesta.

IMG_6500.jpeg

6 hours ago, Luke Newman said:

I still think McCracken and Carson are as good as each other but Carson is the better shot stopper which made him standout against Rangers as the defence has been really poor. I reckon we will see both Carson and McCracken switch often throughout the season. I don’t think Koumeito mistake was as bad as Portales which wasn’t talked of much. 

The eleven players I think are deserving of a start is McCracken/Carson, McGhee, Portales, Robertson, Koumeito, Mulligan, Braybrooke, Sylla, Fraser, Tiffoney and Murray

I don’t know what the formation would be but you can make something work with it if using the right tactics.

Decent line-up however I though Adewumi and Veto looked lively when they came on. I'd like to see more of them.

I'd also like to see less of Murray drifting out to the right away from goal as he did often yesterday. We need him in the box as we have little else.

TY

Exceptionally sad news about 'Tyson' Caballero. He was a wonderfully gifted footballer and an even better individual. After MacDonald nearly ended his career at Dens Fabian and him become quite good friends and he never held any grudges.

Rest easy, Fabian. You will be missed.

6 hours ago, Luke Newman said:

At CB you can see everything in front of you. I doubt he’d have the awareness to play in midfield.

He loves charging forward with the ball, can play a pass as well, box to box midfielder, big unit which you need in the midfield. IMO.

2 hours ago, Silverado66 said:

Decent line-up however I though Adewumi and Veto looked lively when they came on. I'd like to see more of them.

I'd also like to see less of Murray drifting out to the right away from goal as he did often yesterday. We need him in the box as we have little else.

TY

Adewumi is talented but I’d like to see him be maybe a bit louder like I watched of him in Austria. Vetro I couldn’t see much of from where I was sat. They both certainly different from what we already have in the team.

I think I will try and move my season ticket to front of main stand to see the full pitch.

Edited by Luke Newman