All things Dundee FC

Over the season as a whole, I would say McPake has been up there with GGH and McGowan as our best player. Irvine, Bain and Stewart are on fire and one of them will will POTY if they continue playing as well, but over the course of the season so far McPake has been excellent. Criticism of him is just fucking daft.

Dundee Derry boy kens. My old man is Jazzers shirt sponsor and I'd love a POTY's framed top when the old c**t pegs it.

James McPake - POTY for me

Davidson has been in winning sides this year because barring Aberdeen he had played against the poorer sides. That will change very quickly if he is in the team the next 5 or 6 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Hopefully we will see. His record against poorer sides is good but maybe the Dees would have done better still if he had played more. In the two games he has played against St.Mirren we have won, in the game he didn't play we lost. We have also lost to the likes of Ross Co. and Hamilton when he has not played so it is not as if we always win against the "poorer" sides.

Hopefully we will see. His record against poorer sides is good but maybe the Dees would have done better still if he had played more. In the two games he has played against St.Mirren we have won, in the game he didn't play we lost. We have also lost to the likes of Ross Co. and Hamilton when he has not played so it is not as if we always win against the "poorer" sides.

No I know this but let's not pretend that Davidson has suddenly transformed our team and is the reason for our upturn in fortunes. I think McGowans return had much more to do with that.

Think there was a comparison earlier between Davidson and McPake win/loss records this year.

And obviously they compare more in Davidsons favour due to the fact he has only played a handful of games and the majority of those being against the weaker sides in the league.

I know we have also lost to weaker teams without Davidson. I have nothing against him I just simply think he is a very limited player who is not good enough for this level and if he plays for a prolonged period I think he will become a liability particularly against the better sides.

I have no issue with him being a squad player as he can come In now and again and do a job but if we are looking to progress in this league I don't think he should be a consistent starter in our side.

Davo may not be the most technically gifted player in the world but after that sublime finish at the weekend he should be beyond criticism for at least a week.

His and McGowan's celebrations on Saturday were superb - proper fire in the belly stuff.

No I know this but let's not pretend that Davidson has suddenly transformed our team and is the reason for our upturn in fortunes. I think McGowans return had much more to do with that.

Think there was a comparison earlier between Davidson and McPake win/loss records this year.

And obviously they compare more in Davidsons favour due to the fact he has only played a handful of games and the majority of those being against the weaker sides in the league.

I know we have also lost to weaker teams without Davidson. I have nothing against him I just simply think he is a very limited player who is not good enough for this level and if he plays for a prolonged period I think he will become a liability particularly against the better sides.

I have no issue with him being a squad player as he can come In now and again and do a job but if we are looking to progress in this league I don't think he should be a consistent starter in our side.

Agree that McGovern has been key in the upturn - my player of the year so far. And while McPake's performances have dropped of late (I think he was most responsible for the goal lost at the weekend for example) I would play him alongside Davo as our best pairing. Not saying Davo is our best defensively but he brings an aggressive attacking quality which we miss when he doesn't play.

Agree that McGovern has been key in the upturn - my player of the year so far. And while McPake's performances have dropped of late (I think he was most responsible for the goal lost at the weekend for example) I would play him alongside Davo as our best pairing. Not saying Davo is our best defensively but he brings an aggressive attacking quality which we miss when he doesn't play.

WhoooOOooOoo?

Cannot believe some of our fans don't rate McPake. He would be first pick in any team except Celtic, Aberdeen and probably Inverness and even they would take him as third choice. We are very lucky to have him and I heard at the Kilmarnock game that he will be back in the next Ireland squad.

He'd be third choice at us, at best.

RandomGuy., on 26 Jan 2015 - 20:49, said:

He'd be third choice at us, at best.

Ando? And the big hillbilly from East Kilbride? McPake would still easily be first choice for us if we had both of them.

I heard that Dillon is out of contract with the DABS and has been told he isn't getting a new contract. He wants to stay in the city..

He was linked to us in the summer. I think he's friends with Hartley but don't quote me on that.

I'd take him if we lost McPake and we needed someone with some leadership qualities. Have a weird feeling he'll end up playing for St Johnstone.

End of the day he is still a decent player who is very experienced at this level. And can he not play anywhere across the back four?.

Couldn't care less if he has played for united he could add something to our squad.

We have more promising RB's than Dillon in Cammy Kerr and Paul McGinn and I can't say I rate him as significantly better than our current CH's. So forgetting that he's an Arab, it's still a thanks but no thanks.

We have more promising RB's than Dillon in Cammy Kerr and Paul McGinn and I can't say I rate him as significantly better than our current CH's. So forgetting that he's an Arab, it's still a thanks but no thanks.

I think he is certainly more consistent than Konrad and could argue he is more consistent than McPake.

I certainly think if the wages aren't ridiculous he could certainly add to our squad considering he can play anywhere across the back four or in midfield if required.

I like Cammy Kerr but think it is far to early to say if he has the potential to make it at this level and while I thought McGinn has a good start to the season he has been very poor in recent games he has been involved in.

Dillon would add much needed experience to our defence.

dundeefc1783, on 27 Jan 2015 - 09:59, said:

I think he is certainly more consistent than Konrad and could argue he is more consistent than McPake.

I certainly think if the wages aren't ridiculous he could certainly add to our squad considering he can play anywhere across the back four or in midfield if required.

I like Cammy Kerr but think it is far to early to say if he has the potential to make it at this level and while I thought McGinn has a good start to the season he has been very poor in recent games he has been involved in.

Dillon would add much needed experience to our defence.

Don't disagree, but as I said, I don't think he's significantly better than either Konrad or McPake considering he'll be wanting a decent wedge and would hardly be a popular signing with the fans all things considered.

The sounds on Kerr are all promising and to have him as 4th choice RB at the age of 20 (If we're talking next season) would have the writing on the wall for him at Dens IMO. McGinn has been poor of late, but it doesn't take away from the fact that he's got the ability to be one of the best RB's in the league.

Disagree that we need experience in the defence. Experience is great to have in the team but it already has two 30+ members in the backline of four in Irvine and McPake, what we're needing is a LB of decent/promising quality and a stand-out CH that can ensure we're fighting for top 6 on a regular basis. Dillon is neither of these in my opinion.