All things Dundee FC

Shock. Dundee fans in financial denial again. Once again teams in false league position due to financial doping . If you want tips on running a prudent club go see St Johnstone and ICT. Bloody joke of a club and a manager who just buys buys buys. Makes a mockery of hartleys interview on Tuesday saying how top 6 will lead to more investment in the playing staff. Shambolic state of affairs to get into again.

Edited by perthsaint1977

perthsaint1977, on 27 Feb 2015 - 13:34, said:

Shock. Dundee fans in financial denial again. Once again teams in false league position due to financial doping . If you want tips on running a prudent club go see St Johnstone and ICT. Bloody joke of a club and a manager who just buys buys buys. Makes a mockery of haryleys interview on Tuesday saying how top 6 will lead to me investment in the playing staff. Shambolic state of affairs to get into again.

You do know this is from our stint in the Championship? You know, beginning with a period where the Texans weren't under control (Thus contracts etc had already been committed to) and Hartley was still managing Alloa, right?

Shock. Dundee fans in financial denial again. Once again teams in false league position due to financial doping . If you want tips on running a prudent club go see St Johnstone and ICT. Bloody joke of a club and a manager who just buys buys buys. Makes a mockery of hartleys interview on Tuesday saying how top 6 will lead to more investment in the playing staff. Shambolic state of affairs to get into again.

What are you slavering about. You blind bro?

Shock. Dundee fans in financial denial again. Once again teams in false league position due to financial doping . If you want tips on running a prudent club go see St Johnstone and ICT. Bloody joke of a club and a manager who just buys buys buys. Makes a mockery of hartleys interview on Tuesday saying how top 6 will lead to more investment in the playing staff. Shambolic state of affairs to get into again

:lol:

This news probably means that you'll be able to throw your y-fronts through a plate glass window in an hour or two.

You do know this is from our stint in the Championship? You know, beginning with a period where the Texans weren't under control (Thus contracts etc had already been committed to) and Hartley was still managing Alloa, right?

yes I do and expect it to be even worse when this years figures are released due to the inflated squad and wages you are paying. I know for a fact that a player you signed last summer who was interesting st Johnstone, is on 5k per week and he hardly plays. Unbelievable money to pay for a player who is average. Good luck to the player but surely lessons need to learned .

perthsaint1977, on 27 Feb 2015 - 13:38, said:

yes I do and expect it to be even worse when this years figures are released due to the inflated squad and wages you are paying. I know for a fact that a player you signed last summer who was interesting st Johnstone, is on 5k per week and he hardly plays. Unbelievable money to pay for a player who is average. Good luck to the player but surely lessons need to learned .

I can categorically tell you now, that no Dundee player is on 5k a week. :lol:

Our accounts will show a positive if we make the top 6 this season considering we'll receive the majority of our SPFL payment (As all top 6 clubs do) before the end of the financial year/football season rather than in August (Like the bottom 6 do). TV money, our coaching team being on a lower wage than the Bomber era (That's unbelievable, I know!), higher away attendances, our highest average attendance in years and obviously the previously stated Prem money.

I thought the £3 million was costs and the actual loss was 800k which is bad but nowhere near what the courier are reporting, but I have the financial nous of our previous boards.

Posted about Dundee before on here and the direction the Americans are taking the club in, but was shot down by many fans of the Dee saying that "all is fine". Surely these financial figures prove otherwise.

I will ask again, what are the Americans intentions for Dundee? Did they not claim that they were going to purchase Dens from John Bennett? How is that going? They said they were going down the route of youth and did in fact spend money on an indoor training facility? How is this going?

Are Dundee fans worried about their current level of spending? Do they think it is sustainable?

Im not trying to have a go here, just had my suspicions about the Americans ever since they took over and looking for a fans insight into matters.

I was one of the Dees that didn't want to accept them as soon as they came in just because they had money, but they seem to be doing fine. It's worrying how easily our fans are swayed by people with money, especially considering our past

I've always thought the buying back Dens was an empty promise and that seems to be the case. No idea what's happening with the youth because I don't pay attention to that, I've heard both good and bad things.

As for the spending, I'm assuming a lot of that was the board signing everyone in a desperate attempt to get promoted with Bomber. When that failed we punted him which would have meant paying him and I'm sure we had a couple of other background staff to pay off. These are all one offs and we're actually spending less on management now. At the end of this year we'll get rid of the players who extended their contracts for a year, Hartley didn't want them but had to keep them. I don't think the prize money for the league was in that figure either so that's more to the pot. We'll have more of an idea about all this in this years or next years accounts, but the current spending looks to be unacceptable but not as bad as has been reported.

The Americans are doing well but they may have told a few fibs to get in in the first place, they may just look good in comparison to previous boards. This isn't a burying my head in the sand type post I just think everyone's going to jump on the here we go again bandwagon.

Of the £405,000 that we get paid for winning the Championship, only £110,000 would have been registered in our accounts for this period as we receive the remaining balance in August.

In comparison, the Prem club that is relegated in 12th position will have received £700,000 over the same period (With £110,000 being paid to them in August).

We'll do much better financially this season, but it doesn't detract from the fact that last season wasn't the healthiest.

Effectively our "real" issue was the £214k current liability at end of May. That is negligible in the scheme of things. Now safely in premier league and while none of us know what the result for this year will be I for one am not panicking.

perthsaint1977, on 27 Feb 2015 - 13:56, said:

I am confident that my figure is correct. But you know best it seems. I have no doubt that my information Is correct.

What colour of crayon did you use to arrive at that figure?