All things Dundee FC

It's only a matter of time before somebody gets a serious injury in what goes on in the Derry at these games. It's not like a "surge" on terracing, somebody is going to get caught between the rows and it won't be pleasant. I think terracing would be great but that's never going to happen and the area in question is tumbleweed central for the majority of games. If they want to sort it out put seats with backs on them and maybe the rows will stay where they are. Anyone in the pitch after one twelfth minute goal is very deep into what the fcuk territory.

It's only a matter of time before somebody gets a serious injury in what goes on in the Derry at these games. It's not like a "surge" on terracing, somebody is going to get caught between the rows and it won't be pleasant. I think terracing would be great but that's never going to happen and the area in question is tumbleweed central for the majority of games. If they want to sort it out put seats with backs on them and maybe the rows will stay where they are. Anyone in the pitch after one twelfth minute goal is very deep into what the fcuk territory.

I'm assuming you don't sit in the front 10 rows of the Derry or go to many away games?

I've seen myself ending up a solid 5 rows infront of where I was at away games after goals in stands with all seated Coxy type seating, like at Killie with Greg Stearts clincher. Started as about 3rd back row, ended up at the barrier in the middle of the stand. There's an art to the push the chair down step over, one that even Ronaldo himself would struggle with at first.

Re the caught between rows thing, people dinnae push folk, they run around each other, it's quite an exhilarating experience if I do say so myself.

I'm assuming you don't sit in the front 10 rows of the Derry or go to many away games?

I've seen myself ending up a solid 5 rows infront of where I was at away games after goals in stands with all seated Coxy type seating, like at Killie with Greg Stearts clincher. Started as about 3rd back row, ended up at the barrier in the middle of the stand. There's an art to the push the chair down step over, one that even Ronaldo himself would struggle with at first.

Re the caught between rows thing, people dinnae push folk, they run around each other, it's quite an exhilarating experience if I do say so myself.

I'm not trying to be an arse here but( even accepting your argument) that's all fine until one guy gets it wrong. Then it's donalded.

Donalded is my new go to word for getting malkied, well played sir.

Of course it goes wrong, but I've got a mate whos broken his ankle at a game before jumping and celebrating, should we all sit down permanently? It's soft as f**k IMO. If you don't want to be involved in a Rhumba, sit in the Coxer or Main Stand. Surely that's the logic of deciding where you sit? My old man introduced me in the old Provie Road end, then when I got old enough to last a full match got me a ST for the family section in the Main Stand, and then when he felt I was auld enough a Derry ST, assuring me that if we score, be prepared to loup around.

The last 10 years of shite atmospheres softened the Derry too much for my liking, get it back to a venomous ball of rage.

I've nothing against you mate - I just severely detest anyone who suggests that Derry Tsunamis, Rhumbas and standing (on seats at important times) is wrong. It's wrong for the Coxer or Main Stand, but the Derry is held to a much, much, much lower standard. ;):wub:

Of course it goes wrong, but I've got a mate whos broken his ankle at a game before jumping and celebrating, should we all sit down permanently? It's soft as f**k IMO. If you don't want to be involved in a Rhumba, sit in the Coxer or Main Stand. Surely that's the logic of deciding where you sit? My old man introduced me in the old Provie Road end, then when I got old enough to last a full match got me a ST for the family section in the Main Stand, and then when he felt I was auld enough a Derry ST, assuring me that if we score, be prepared to loup around.

The last 10 years of shite atmospheres softened the Derry too much for my liking, get it back to a venomous ball of rage.

I've nothing against you mate - I just severely detest anyone who suggests that Derry Tsunamis, Rhumbas and standing (on seats at important times) is wrong. It's wrong for the Coxer or Main Stand, but the Derry is held to a much, much, much lower standard. ;):wub:

Bang on. An erupting South Enclosure in full flow is one of the greatest things a human being can experience.

The Derry should be a UNESCO World Heritage Site IMVHO.

Bang on. An erupting South Enclosure in full flow is one of the greatest things a human being can experience.

The Derry should be a UNESCO World Heritage Site IMVHO.

If the UN sent a UNESCO agent out to check the Derry Bog Tree, I'm sure theyd find a rare (or even new) plant that could make it Scotlands best Jungle. Worthy of a WHS award IMO.

Great post.

Top post.

The Derry was getting pretty shit and quiet but of late it has started to come to life again.

Beyond this summer I'm extremely confident about keeping him. Talking to him at HOF, he talks about things a year in advance, which implies wants to complete getting his own squad here (Davo/Dyer out etc) and give that a crack.

Making 4th would confirm it IMO, but 6th and a small re-build then a push for fourth seems the most likely. After that, it's all about how he performs next season. Similar again and he might well be offski, but not for little £.

Hartley will leave us once he's finished the 'swing' as it were. As soon as he senses a downturn at the club or a period where he can't live up to his own high standards, he'll be off to other things. It's what all good managers do.

Ian Murray is looking like he's becoming a victim of his own success at Dumbarton for example.