All things Dundee FC

Randy Giles, on 06 Nov 2015 - 00:51, said:

Why are people falling for this pish?

How's Duffy getting on? You lot seem to be doing half decent under him despite what I gauge is a bit of hatred towards him going by some of your threads. If he keeps this up he'll no doubt be linked with a swift return to us when Hartley goes considering our record of cycling between him and Jocky!

His results have been okay from a staying safe standpoint, and for some time, the games have been decent to watch too. Seems that the games have gotten worse recently, and the moaning about team selection is more than justified.

Scraping wins against Alloa and Dumbarton isn't exactly the form of legends, and Motherwell are probably the worst side not named Elgin that I've seen us play this season, although I missed the 4 2 Livi game. I was genuinely stunned that Motherwell even scored.

Have to be honest and admit he completely slipped my mind. He'd make it onto our left wing fairly easily ahead of Craig/Lappin, its either that or he competes with Wotherspoon for a spot. I'd have Spoony ahead of Stewart when hes on top form, but Stewart seems infinitely more consistent which would edge it. So I'd have Stewart in the Saints team, and potentially Bain.

From your answer I can see you given this comparison a great deal of careful thought. You must be right, only Bain and Stewart would get into the Wurzels first team. Thanks for adding to the debate.

Guessing Riccardo Calder isn't starting tomorrow going by his Twitter.

Edit: he's deleted it. But it said @Riccardocalder1: Same old shit I don't get it

Seems like Philip Roberts Lite; instead of moaning, work your arse off and keep your head down and concentrate on getting in the team instead of bitching.

Seems like Philip Roberts Lite; instead of moaning, work your arse off and keep your head down and concentrate on getting in the team instead of bitching.

Seems to think he should be able to walk into the team as he's from Aston Villa.

But they're shite.

He wears purple velvet suits.

He has a nose like Ahmed Johnson.

APA.

GTF.

What is it with our fans and their desire to have young boys thrown in immediately at first team level? The boy Curran did okay against Motherwell. He wasn't bad, he wasn't spectacular, he was okay and done as well as you can expect a young lad to do when thrown in unexpectedly at short notice for a first team debut. Yet we have a load of our claiming that he should be starting. Throwing another central midfielder into the mix is far from what we need right now. The same happened with Kerr, Wighton and Carriero. These lads will get their chance but going out on loan is the best thing for them. We had fans claiming Wighton was the best striker at our club yet by all accounts he has been struggling a wee bit at Raith. I have been critical of Hartley a lot recently but I think his handling of our young lads has been spot on.

Why not use Curran from the bench and move some more expensive players on? I'm sure we'd get more from a couple of young hungry players than some first team squad players just now and that exposure to first team football would be invaluable.

Who said immediately? Our midfield has been shocking in quite a few games. I think having Wighton at Raith is great. Jessie has did fine when he played. Kept it simple. Seems to be doing really well at under 21 level. So what I have already said ( clearly not paying attention, shock horror ) that surely we could get him to a team such as raith or even a Forfar?

You say he kept it simple which I agree with - but that's a big part of our problem. Boys like Ross and Thomson get slated for "playing it simple" and apparently offer nothing- but because a young guy keeps it simple he's done well? Don't get it.

Why not use Curran from the bench and move some more expensive players on? I'm sure we'd get more from a couple of young hungry players than some first team squad players just now and that exposure to first team football would be invaluable.

Or you'd end up like United.